Lyft Check out Santa's new ride Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 16, 2015
Overall, this is a very solid time piece. It is very easy to use and aesthetically pleasing. The only complaint I had was that the standard band is a bit too short for a larger wrist. To correct this, I removed the band and put my old nylon strap holders in its place from an older G-Shock. They were a perfect fit. So far, so good as I have no other complaints and these watches withstand a lot of punishment from my job. A highly recommended budget G-Shock.
review image
on December 3, 2015
This is the watch. If you have been obsessively looking at rugged digital watches, and are cheap, like me, this is it. This is a mans watch. If you look like this guy in the pic, or have more than one friend who does, DO NOT BUY THIS WATCH. This is a watch for guys who do things. If you are a lover AND a fighter, this watch is for you. If you ever thought about being a cop or a fireman, this watch is for you. If you ever dreamed of going out like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, this watch is for you. If your "watch collection" is 3.5 broken watches, this watch is for you. If you are at the point in life where you confidently meet other mens eyes and give the half up nod, this watch is for you.
Great deal on a great watch.
review image
99 comments| 299 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2017
I have a big watch collection, however I needed something to wear while working out, running, etc. that wasn't big or bulky and this more than fits the bill. I love the durability, light weight, easy to read display, and overall feel of this watch. It doesn't get in the way of your wrists natural path of movement when doing bench presses, push ups, or anything that causes your wrist to bend. I am very happy with this purchase and for the price it's a no brainer. Buy it!
on August 15, 2017
This is the second watch of this very model that I own. The plastic casing and band on the first finally dried out and disintegrated after 20 years of daily use/abuse in all kinds of weather and conditions. The "works" on the other hand continued to work in all that time with only a battery replacement about every 5 years. The alarm tone stopped working after 12 years. So, you can see why I wanted another one for my daily watch. I looked at the various styles to see what was new, but kept coming back to the ol' reliable. Hopeful that I'll get another 20 years of use!
on April 16, 2017
Classic it is! I own several G-Shocks and this is a favorite. Comfortable, convenient/intuitive controls, stylish and timeless. Looks even better than the pix. Recommended!
on May 22, 2017
Solid watch overall. The only two things I don't like are the inability to easily reset the countdown timer, and the fact that the old watches were easier to set by using both the start/stop button and the split/reset button. Otherwise this watch fits well and is easy to read.
on August 19, 2017
The G-Shock DW9052-1V is a great watch.Excellent everday watch that is built for the outdoors or water sports. I owned my last one for 15 years and it still works but protective guard came apart. Great price, fast shipment and built to last. Very dependable and good stop watch.
on August 15, 2017
Returned this G-Shock model - Did not care for the display brightness - It was tough to read - Resurrected my old trusty Suunto yellow Vector with a new back access door and battery - The Suunto has a large digital display and is hard to kill - Thanks for the read !!!
on April 3, 2014
I am pretty rough on my things. I got this watch because I keep breaking mine. So far this watch seems like it can take the punishment I give out at an affordable price. There are not a lot of gadgets, to compass or altimeter. Just a solid watch with an easy to read face. Date, stopwatch and alarm. I am still not sure what the round LED in the center is for. I think it is like a graphic version of a second hand. Not necessary. But the lit face is bright at night, the watch was easy to set and it seems like it will put up with the punishment I put it through.
Downsides: It is a little on thick side. Hard to pull my sleeve over it. And the nutty stuff on the face.

Overall, I really like it. I got it for a weekend watch. Now I am wearing it every day.
Time will tell if it is as solid as I am hoping. If the band is intact and the face still clear in 6 months I might change 4 stars to 5.
on October 28, 2017
My second G-shock. First one lasted exactly ten years. Don't bother trying to change the battery...just buy a new watch. I learned the hard way that once you take these watches apart, you will not get it back together exactly right. I never tested the first one to see if it was really water-proof, but I have had this one in the pool several times and it runs like a champ.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.