Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on February 8, 2014
I've been experimenting with visibility of watch faces, both digital and analog, as my 60+ year-old eyes aren't perfect in low-light situations. So far, this G-Shock has impressed me the most, with its light-on-dark analog hands and markings. The hour and minute hands are luminescent, as are the hour numerals and tick marks. As with all such treatments, you can't expect them to glow brightly hours after their last exposure to light, but then my eyes have also adjusted to the dark, allowing me to make out the time even in the predawn hours. Making the hour hand red, in contrast with the white minute hand, also makes it easier to read at a glance. The digital display is readable (for me) in good light, and the electroluminescence ("EL") really makes the readout "pop" in the dark, and IMO is more effective than dark numerals with backlighting. Many reviewers complain about the analog hands blocking the digital display between certain hours, but this is pretty universal with "ana-digi" watches from most manufacturers, so I'm determined to live with that minor flaw. SETTING: Not too difficult, once you catch on to the fact that the buttons at 2 and 8 o'clock adjust the digital readout. I should also point out that while the owner's manual states the calendar is self-adjusting through the year 2039, I discovered that it is actually set to function through 2099 (not that I'll be in a position to take advantage of that!) The analog hands are controlled by the button at 10:00, and the digital display light by the 5:00 button. Re-setting the analog hands back from daylight savings will be a little tedious, because the hands only move forward. It would be nice if the digital and analog times were linked, as with some other Casio watches (e.g. the Tough Solar line), but for the price of this watch, it's toughness and water resistance to 200 meters, it's hard to complain. The only other missing function is the countdown timer, which can be pretty handy. It's not clear why this was omitted, but because this G-shock works so well for me in almost all lighting conditions, it's become my daily watch choice over others that I own, and gets a 5 star rating in my book!
on July 25, 2014
It lives up to its name as a G-Shock. It physically withstands whatever I do whether it be working or just day-to-day wear. That alone makes the watch worth its price. Anyone looking for a watch in this price range ($50-$60) should certainly consider this one. The reason I give this watch 3 stars is because I do have some major issues with it.

First, the watch band. The hole I currently have it fastened in makes it so loose that it can almost slide completely around my wrist. However, if I shorten it one hole tighter it becomes too tight on my wrist and will not sit comfortably. The watch band is also to the point where the rubber slider that holds the excess watch band tight to keep it from unfastening slides right off the excess band, allowing it to unfasten itself.

Second, every time I hit the "Mode" button on the bottom left it beeps. To my knowledge, there is no way to turn this off. Setting the time is also a hassle as the button used to set the time is difficult to hold down for someone with larger fingers.

Third, the only issue is the digital clock is that it is partially covered when one of the hands are between 5 and 7.

There are some pros to go with this watch as well. Aside from looking nice it somehow appears more clean than my other G-Shock watches. It still looks brand new. One this I am VERY pleased with it the light feature. On most G-Shock watches the light is a little bulb at the bottom of the watch face. It will slightly illuminate the watch with a yellow glow that barely helps to see the hands of the watch and is pretty much useless in terms of seeing the digital display. For this watch the light illuminates the digital clock with a very well lit green glow. I have used this watch while working at night and it is perfect. Overall this watch is nice and worth the money. It only receives a 3 star from me because those issues I listed prior are too much for it to be considered great. My personal favorite G-Shock is the GA100SD-8A. If you are looking for just one watch that would be the type to go for.
on February 22, 2014
I dislike this watch. Not having a second hand is ridiculous and the small face is impossible to see at night. It pulls the hairs out on my wrist and I cannot find a setting where the watch band is comfortable. Poor design all around. Shame on Casio for making such a watch.
on December 14, 2013
I have had a the same G100 for years, worn as a work watch in really dirty, rough and tumble industrial environment...at the end of the day just shower with it on, scrubb it down and the next day start all over again. I have worn out several bands which I just replace and good as new. I like the analog dial along with the easily viewable digital display, as well as the easily accessible stop watch mode, which I use reqularly... for the price... very impressed with the durability and accuracy of this watch, just wear it, use it, scrub it down at end of the day and your good to go again. I have found no issues with its ability to with stand substances within an industrial atmoshere...oils, fuel oil, grease of all types, dust, mud, solvents, submerged in water, heat, hot and cold weather and never seen the vapor fogging under the bezel that I have seen on other watches in such extreme environments... the bezel glass is still perfect, not all scratched up and foggy, due mainly because it is protected by the high rubber bezel ring surrounding it...The only issue I would comment on is the cost of the replacement G Shock bands, little pricey for a $60 watch, but not as thought you have to replace them reqularly... maybe every few years at most..but definitly the only weak link in the system, IMHO
on January 11, 2014
Bought this watch 5 years ago for $110 and have done just about everything with it from spear fishing to working on motors.
I just changed the battery for the first time and i changed the wrist band for the first time. All this watch is missing is a bezel and it would be the perfect watch.
on July 15, 2014
I've had this watch for six or seven years. I'm sure it will last forever. I wear it in the pool and doing all kinds of outdoor work. I had to replace the band last year; I ordered the authentic Casio band from Amazon. No problem. I haven't had to replace the battery. Excellent watch.
on August 12, 2014
I bought it for my teenager son. He loved it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.