Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on May 24, 2014
Just got this watch a few days ago on a whim and wasn't sure if it was gonna be a keeper or not. Well, it definitely is a keeper. It's larger than most of the G-Shocks I've owned or currently own but it actually wears smaller than you'd expect. In person it is so much nicer than in the pictures. The digital display is crisp and the hands center up on the hash marks perfectly. It's also got a cool "brick" design on the watch face that is crisp and precise and overall adds to the look of the watch. This watch looks way more expensive than it was. I wish it was atomic and solar powered like some of my other G's but I knew what I was getting when I bought the watch so I'm not going to hold that against it. The only quibble I have with the watch is the back-light. Like others have said, it is not very good. I think the idea of using an LED light is a good one but the color of the light washes out the red hour hand and makes it extremely hard to see in pitch dark. Seems like a pretty obvious error on the part of Casio but, like I said earlier, I knew about this little issue when I bought the watch so I shouldn't complain too much. However, if you're looking to buy this watch and plan on using it extensively in the dark then BE ADVISED. All the other functions are textbook G-Shock type stuff and I know that my wrist will break before the watch does. If you buy this watch you'll love it.
on February 24, 2013
This is a really great watch with a lot of fun features, but has a few key flaws. Red is the first color to disappear in low light, so when it's dark, you will have a hard time reading the hour hand. And unfortunately the LED is orange, which doesn't really light up the hour hand. The LED also doesn't light up the digital displays. In broad daylight, you can see everything, in zero light you can see with the LED, in low light, there are some issues.

Apart from that, this is a great watch. It's very accurate, very tough, very easy to learn all of the features. It's a very high quality watch that I can wear to work, or in any outdoor activities.
One person found this helpful
on May 1, 2013
This watch is awesome. i got it fora graduation gift for my husband in the military and we loved it. It has so many features it looks great. The only thing about is it is reading the book to get the watch up to date. Great watch great buy you will not be disappointed. He wears it everyday and get great compliments about it. Good buy for he value. Its Awesome!!!!
on September 9, 2013
I actually own four different colors of this watch, and they are all perfect. I am a professional chef, and as you can imagine watches are subjected to some serious torture in the kitchen. After spending several hundred dollars on much higher end watches, only to have them fail, I found the G-Shocks and i'll never go back. These watches withstand high heat, some serious water and the impacts from being in a kitchen 11 hours a day. They also do not change color or stain. Great inexpensive option for anyone that tortures watches like I do.
on March 31, 2011
After purchasing this watch I realized that the RED hour hand is virtually unreadable in anything other than bright daylight conditions. Also, the backlight feature is inadequate to allow proper viewing in low light or dark conditions.
RED is the first color in the spectrum that disappears in low light conditions. Why they would choose to make the hour hand any other color than white (against a black background) is a mystery to me. And, if they WERE going to change the color, why dark red?

Also, the programming for the Auto Time Zone Adjustment is not up to date with the "new" dates by which countries are changing from Standard Time to Daylight Savings Time. A whizz-bang feature that is simply too complicated to be effective. Should have simply left it for manual time/date adjustment.

If I were to guess, i would say that this particular model watch went from idea stage straight to production and was never field tested. Just my opinion. However I know of 3 other people myself who purchased this watch and had the same observations.

On the surface this watch looks great. As far as application goes, it's just sitting in the back of my drawer
21 people found this helpful