Oil month Automotive Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on May 17, 2010
Sales and delivery as good as expected.

Good Product, works better than watches costing 5 times as much as the casio. If you want a dependable watch that stores phone numbers and looks good for a low price get the Casio G2310-1V G Shock. You won't be disappointed.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 23, 2008
I am a special forces soldier. I have worn a Casio G Shock for years in 3 war zones and there is no better or more reliable watch. On land, sea, or in the air this is the best watch for a hard working man or woman. I am replacing my old one because the battery needs to be replaced and I broke the band while moving gear. The solar power option makes it perfect. I know I will get anouther 15 years of service from this one.
on February 28, 2013
After about three years, the strap will break and will cost you $20 to replace. The digital display is a bit too small.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 9, 2009
My son chosen this watch because his last Casio last five year. He is happy with this new one so far.
on March 26, 2009
Highly recommended.
Just on detail.. The light button wich looks to be made of metal is actually plastic, but it looks the same as metal.
Very nice watch
on December 26, 2007
I bought this watch for my husband. He knew he wanted a G-Shock watch and we found this one on Amazon. He loves it. He found out a friend of his bought the same watch from the mall for $30 more.
on June 2, 2008
I wanted a watch for camping, swimming, and boating. Three trips and no problems in or out of the water.
on November 28, 2009
do not waste your time and money on a casio product> mine quite after 38 days. would shut down to low battery level. i tryed every thing to get it rechareged. it would only half charge.work for about 5 to 6 hours. then back to low battery reading. called customers serv. they said mail it to them at my exspence. oh and be sure to insure it again at my exspence. it was going to cost me more money than the worthless piece of junk was worth. they then told me they would just replace it. i was thinking they would send me a new watch. wrong again, they were going to send me a referbished piece of junk. needless to say i was rather upset about it. so do your self a big faver and just skip these clowns. buy a eco-drive by citizen. they at least don't jerk you around. i hope this helps.if enough poeple stay away maybe they will biuld a better product and better customer sev.
on October 31, 2004
This watch is a great little watch -

Time set from front panel only - no ability to set from WWV.

I have not had to reset it in the months I have owned it. It is yet to be a full second off - so far the watch has not slipped as far in time as my watch setting error.

12 hour or 24 hour time.

Default state - displays year, month, day, day of week, and status of rechargable battery.

World time state - displays the time in one of 31 time zones, including GMT. Each zone can be controlled for DST.

Data - holds a short alphameric pointer and a bt of data that uses the year, month, day, hour, minute, second - I use it for Ham call signs. Holds 30 items. Suitable for phone numbers, for example.

Alarm screen - the watch will remember five different alarms by day, month year, hour, minute, sec. It will alarm the same time and day every year or the same day every month or the same time every day - or just once, at a particular year, month, day, hour, minute, and second. There is a sixth screen where you set the hourly chime on or off.

Stopwatch screen: The stopwatch does splits and final time. It also does a "countdown" where it beeps three times and then a "go beep", optionally, if you are timing someone in something and they want an honest and accurate start.

Timer screen: The timer will do countdowns - either a single time or it will automatically repeat.

The face is a solar cell. It automatically recharges the battery. The watch can be put to sleep by holding adjust and mode - you won't get alarms or beeps in that mode, nor will you get a display - but the watch will keep time for much longer.

The backlight really works - in the old days, backlights on LCDs were miserable and then some of the watchmakers used tritium radioactive elements that were nicely lit but which you can't get anymore. Then there were some attempts at better pushbutton backlights - this is about the best I've seen. It is clear and you really can see the watch using it.

It works in one of two modes. One mode is that the watch backlight only engages when you push the button on the face - that's right, the easy to reach silver button on the front center of the watch lights it up.

The other way is to use the automatic feature - If you wear your watch on the outside of your left wrist, then IF it is not too bright and as you look at the watch the way most people do, by tilting your wrist toward you, the watch automatically lights up. This is essentially automatic - you look at your watch and it is lit up. This function is selectable - You might want to make it manual to save battery. I find it is too convenient to do without.

Despite the wonderful pressure ratings, unless you are very small, this watch is not suitable as a dive watch. The band won;t fit over a wet or dry suit. If you are doing warm water wimp diving in a skin or a shortie, you can use it - if you need to put it over a wet suit or a dry suit, the band is simply way too short. I know of no source for a band extender. Neither do the people at Casio. For short duration use, a wire tie or two will probably work.

What 20 bar rating means to me is that I could take it diving. Or, I could get it wet and not worry, even if the water is coming out of a hose with some force. The band means that I can't wear it where I need it - on the outside of my wetsuit or drysuit.
on October 20, 2008
I bought this watch to use while running after a Timex gave up the ghost. One of the prime features in my decision to buy was that its stopwatch supported split times. The instructions came with a section on how to record split times, but no instructions on how to review them! This is because it doesn't support them!

I don't have a particularly big wrist, but the watch doesn't look outsized on me. It's clearly a 'sports watch', not suitable for a suit and tie job. The solar power function works on minimal light (it remains powered up sitting in my darkened bedroom for days at a time). Accuracy isn't an issue.

If it supported split times, I'd give it 5 stars.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.