Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on March 2, 2012
Can this watch survive G-forces: yes
Will it still be attached to your hand: not likely

Within 3 weeks of receiving this watch the case snapped where the pins connect the watchband to the case. This happened when I blocked a 2x4 from falling on me and although the impact was on my arm and had 0 contact with the watch, the reverberating forces in my arm was enough to shake and brake the case. I made a temporary 2 year fix by sliding the pins back where they were supposed to stay and carefully injecting resin where the pin had peeled through the case and glued the band to the case as a safety. This only works as a one time fix and can't be done more than once. At the end of those 2 years the metal buckle on the watch band broke and I can't do much with this watch other than not wear it. Like all things, this watch is only as strong as its weakest component, which is apparently the pin connection, not very strong. This watch is about as G proof as putting on a bullet proof vest makes someone bullet proof.

Its disappointing but I will say that electronically, the watch has never failed and the case can take a beating, but the watchband won't. changing the watch band wouldn't fix the problem due to the pin connection flaw.
on November 6, 2009
The features of the watch are great, dual time was just what I was looking for since I am an "analog" guy. I'm old school so I tell time quickly by glancing at the hands but I use my watch as an alarm clock so like it's digital features.

The bad part is the chrystal must be made out of some form of transparent cheese or really cheap soft plastic cause it has scratches and pock marks in it from which it should have withstood. I mean it wasn't abused but the lens just can't take much and it's a shame cause it is a great watch.

The hands on the watch are adjusted with a forward and a reverse button and unfortunately the reverse button quit working in about 6 months from new.

You see it is a great watch except for these shortcomings. I love the subtle blue face and it's features but I wish they would have put a little more quality in it's components.
There is no question that there have been lacks between analog & digital watches in the watchmaking world. That has shown with a huge lapse of distinctive quality in watches. But for Casio, whom had been strong with their G-Shock Watches, that actually seems to draw strongly in their favor. That shows brilliantly with their Street Reader watch. Not only is it easy to setup, but the hands on the watch fall in perfect sync with the digital watch in nothing flat. They move in stride, with each and every minute ticks down toward the next. I really like it. It handles very well from teenagers who've gone wild with Casio's G-Shock Watches, to the everyday office worker that has been looking for a nice convient watch, without all the hastles of those with perpetual calenders and overdosed doodads. I really suggest you give this Casio G300-2AV G-Shock watch, and see what you get in not just price, but striking percision.

Price: B

Convience: B+

Comfort: B 1/2+

Overall: B 1/2+
on December 25, 2016
Sexy watch! I love it, hope my husband loves it as it is his Christmas present!
on October 28, 2016
I paid more for this watch because it had a beautiful blue face. When I got the watch the face is blue-gray. You can save yourself $20 dollars by buying the same watch from Amazon. The watch just looks different because Amazon's photo isn't that good.
on February 13, 2017
The dials on the face don't seem to be a good design with this digital watch.
on December 3, 2012
I have been using G-Shock for over a decade and these watches are fantastic. I really like it because it can take a lot of roughness and they only stop working when the battery is consumed. The one thing that is a bit sad is that when the battery is changed sometimes the watches are not the same. Of course this depends where you get the watch fixed.
on December 28, 2009
We bought this watch for our oldest who is going into the millitary and needed a watch to take to basic training with him and for our second oldest who attends Civil Air Patrol. This is a great watch since it's shock resistant, water resistant and I really like the digital/analogue feature. The idea being they can put the digital on millitary time and the analogue will help him see "real time" at a glance. Also the day feature being prominent was cool and the design was very masculine. It's not as large as some sports watches out there which is a plus since my guys are pretty thin and a huge watch would look funny. We bought this model in the blue face and also the black and both look great. The only thing I wasn't wild about was the strap which is pretty stiff and made of plastic which I imagine may get uncomfotable during exercise but I don't honestly think my boys will care much and that aside, the watch and band seem to be very durable and for the price these were great watches.
on January 30, 2009
This is a very comfortable and affordable watch that is made to last. I bought this watch based on the looks, which I think are quite good for a G-shock. The display is clean and easily read in many conditions and the backlight works well. There are a couple of complaints, first there are the buttons that make the hands move. For some reason I can get the hands to move forward but not backward, maybe this is a flaw I don't know because I have never owned a ana-digital Casio. Although the backlight works, doesn't make sense. Another part is actually having lume on the hands, what is the point? Basically you won't be able to see it in the dark if you didn't have a backlight for the digital display you wouldn't be able to tell time. These are small problems however as the watch is very comfortable and has a good price. I do recommend this watch as I am quite happy with the way it wears on the wrist.
on April 30, 2012
I ordered this watch for my husband. he absolutely loves it. he wears it every day. at work, at home at the beach, at the gym, in the ocean, the shower, just simply all the time. I have the feeling that this watch will outlast any other watch. it s great.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.