Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Size: true|Color: Black/Red|Change

Showing 1-10 of 436 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 519 reviews
on July 2, 2016
This watch is a beast! It's big. It can withstand just about anything you can throw at it. You will become a better man when you wear this watch. As soon as you put it on you will instantly grow a beard. This watch is called the Mudman for a reason. Any slop you fling at it will simply bounce off it and onto inferior watches.

A lot of reviewers have been mentioning that the buttons are hard to push. Some reviewers even think of this as a negative. Really? If a little button on a watch is too hard for you to push, then you're probably too weak to wear this watch anyway. Go back to your soap operas. The buttons feel sturdy. They are meant to stand up to the abuse this watch will go through. Yes, they require a little extra elbow grease, but I was still able to get the time set correctly in a matter of minutes and my fingers are a little stronger now.

While I only have had this watch for a few days, I already love it. It is big on my wrist but doesn't feel overly heavy. This watch feels solid when I wear it. I also like the fact that it's water resistant (rated for scuba diving!), mud resistant and vibration resistant! I like stuff that is built to last. I don't plan on buying another watch after this.

I'll try to update this review as time goes on.
on April 20, 2016
I have tried many different G-shocks and all looked gigantic on my wrist or rode off to the side of my wrist making them uncomfortable to wear. This model fits perfectly and the scale looks much better. True -- the buttons are tough to press but that is by design due with it being a Mudman model and I'm ok with that as I don't use the alarm functions that often. I I prefer the larger negative display of my most recent G-shock (GD350-1B) however the fit and the dual illuminesent display of this watch outweigh that. From someone who has purchased 5 other G shocks this one has to be my overall favorite.
on November 1, 2014
At first I was unsure of whether to buy this. In fact, I was about to go ahead and pull the trigger, but I decided against it. A few weeks went by, I was getting tired of my minimalist Casio I had on already. "Water Resistant." Out of nowhere, I went and bought it. I've had this watch for a little over a week now, and here is the hard truth about this watch:

Cons:
At first, it is a little uncomfortable with the little stubs on the bottom of the watch that touch your arm. You adjust to them, and now they feel like they aren't even there. So I guess this is a temporary con.

The buttons. They aren't as bad as people say. You can easily change modes, and start and stop timers and such. Where is it a little difficult is changing the times. Going from 0 to 30 will leave your finger tips a little red, but you just have to deal with it for the sake of the mud resistance. Trust me when I say, they aren't that bad. Man up ladies.

A little on the big side. Where it is big is vertically. As in the bottom of your wrist up. But that is the protection part, so if you want sleek, you're looking in the wrong area.

Pros:
So, so light. It doesn't look it, but this is not a heavy watch.

Features! There are a lot. Look up the specifications.

For me, my favorite part is the hourly chime's chime. It is quiet enough to use in class, but loud enough to unmistakably hear it.

Waterproof, mud-proof, and durable. One thing I am prone to doing, is slamming my wrist into walls accidentally. I have already done it a few times and the screen is fine. The watch case comes out a little to protect it, so my screen remains unharmed.

Looks surprisingly nice on the wrist.

The back light is great, and the screen is clear and simple.

The band is very nice, and the buckle type thing (whatever) is perfect for me.

Conclusion: I'm sure I have missed a few things in this, but trust me. If you are unsure of whether or not you should get it like I was, just go for it. It is light, comfortable (once it is broken in, per say), good-looking, and feature packed. Not to mention durable, and element-proof. Just go for it if you want a rugged watch. And don't worry too much about the buttons. They will get even easier to press through time. I no doubt give this at least a 4.5/5.
on January 3, 2017
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my younger nephew who had complained that all his previous watches quit working because of the factory environment where he works, and his outdoor leisure activities such as kayaking and raccoon hunting. My older nephew was issued G-shockby the Army when he was deployed to Afghanistan where he trained 11 B's. He has owned three G-shock watches and swears by their durability. G-shocks are the watches that he will buy. I bought this as a starter G-shock that has some nice features but doesn't have all the bells and whistles for a younger nephew who is in his early twenties and I'm not sure how responsible he will be with it. I made him aware of the other options such as a compass and a moon calendar which is available on another G-shock that costs roughly $128 and told him that he could return the watch that I bought him and upgrade to the other; so far he hasn't and is very pleased with this present. I plan on surprising my older nephew, who already owns this basic Mudman, with the upgraded version.
on July 23, 2014
Mudman gshocks forever .I have 31 gshock watches. I have 4 Mudman gshocks. I have g9300-1 mudman .The gw9010-1 Solar power Atomic. And 2 of this model. G9000-1v the. I Love this watch for the money. I got my 1st g9000-1v@amazon.com.Almost 3 years ago and it still looks great. This watch has been in boiling water a block of ice over night. I used it for everything you can imagine with this watch. I just bought another just in case they ever disconnect. This model. People Complain about the buttons to hard to push.but that's what the watch is made for. So no mud or dust water,can get in.The buttons are red which is cool. Look at the utube videos on the watch and you will See how durable it is. I Love all gshocks Big or small. This is a great watch for a person who doesn't want a huge watch. The band is super compfortable. The watch is battery power. It has a long lasting life on the battery. They use cr2025 battery. That is 7 to 10 year battery. If you don't use the back Light alot. The website says 3 years. But the watch .so I called Casio and they said they put that on the website. Because most Military people buy it and use the back light alot at night. This is the best watch you can buy for the money. Take it from a gshock collector. I've been wearing gshocks for almost 34 years. Since the first one came out in 1983.This or any gshock you choose. There all great..Enjoy any gshock watch you buy. This is just a great watch. That won't break. FOR a great price. I have the Rangeman gshock which is a great watch. But a lot more money. I also have the King GXW56-1BJF gshock. That is the biggest gshock they make and the toughest. With the extra Shock Absorb Alpha gel . I have the Aviation gshock 2 Gulfman gshocks. And way to many more to mention. Remember the watch you choose is the best watch. Your the one wearing it.
review image review image review image
on December 26, 2010
I got this watch and it's one of the most sturdiest watches I've ever gotten! When it came home, it looked a bit small in the box, but after 6 days of use, the watch seems like the best watch ever. It feels so sturdy in the hand, the band has a circular feel to it and has a stainless steel back! The watch is also water resistant, so I mean I've washed my hands with it on and it still look brand new! It takes a second to figure out how to set up the time and everything. But once you read the manual, which is pretty simple to understand, you can set up the watch easily! The only that is some what bad is that the buttons are a bit stiff, but that's a good thing so mud does not go in and after a few days of use you get used to it so that's not a big problem. Also I've heard after 3-4 years of use, the paint on the logos can come off. But you can get that repainted, and that only happens when you use it really rough! Shipping is also fast with DHL Global Mail! I was supposed to get the watch on the 29th, but got it on the 23rd!It came in only 5 days to Canada! So overall the watch is the best watch ever and I highly recommend the watch anyone, who needs to use it alot! I give it a 9.5/10 and that 0.5 is cut off only if the theory of the watch that the paint comes off, if that is not true, then 10/10! It's a G Shock and they make the world's best watches! Also out of all the G Shocks this is the best look with a good price tag of only $60! The other ones are good too, but a expensive and some are cheaper than this one, but look pretty ugly! So this is the best G Shock you can get and it's black, so won't get dirty! I recommend buying it a few weeks before Christmas because then Amazon.com has sales on this watch! And buy from Amazon.com only, not other merchants, because then you don't get full Casio warranty, but you have to ask the merchant for the warranty as some do offer Casio warranty.
on May 24, 2017
I work as a firefighter/paramedic and bought this watch for work. I've had it for 3-4 months now and it has been very durable. The watch does have some features that I have not used not care to figure out. My only complaint is that the buttons can be difficult to push sometimes, but I was aware when I bought it. It fits my wrist well, and is easy to adjust. I wear it continuously for 2-3 days at a time and have no fit or comfort issues. Overall, I would recommend if you need a watch that will endure a tough life.
on August 17, 2013
First of all, this is an excellent watch for those who need something durable for any occasion. I am a recreational swimmer and skin diver who needs a watch that is reliable underwater which can time my laps and shallow dives. I purchased this watch after spending countless hours reading about the best watches for underwater skin diving as I am not getting into Scuba yet but plan to get my Open Water Diving certificate in the next couple years. I had purchased a few Invicta Divers and had to send one back due to condensation build up after 40 minutes of shallow diving. The problem with buying an expensive Dive watch is that if it fails you either have to send it back for repair (takes forever) or count it as a loss. The Casio G-Shock Mudman is an inexpensive powerhouse of a watch that is water resistant to 200 meters and is built like a tank. I am very pleased with its durability and functionality in every area as it meets all of my needs. The backlight is reliable and very clear even under the water and at night. The only issue I have is that the buttons are not as easy to push as other G-shock models and require a little more effort. I really only use them for timing laps and diving so it is not a big deal. Also, if you have small wrists you might want to try one on at your local retailer to see if it is comfortable. Overall I am very happy with the G-Shock models and this is my favorite one I have owned to far.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 29, 2013
We own a number of G-Shocks - my boys own the following: GD100-MS1, the GLX-5600, G7900-1 Rescue, G2900-1V.

I own the G9300-1 Mudman, and this - the G9000-1V Mudman. Of all the G's we own, this is right up there with my favorites, and I wear it often. It actually sees more wrist time than my G9300 since it is smaller and wears lighter, I like the way it wears.

At first, I was not as satisfied with the function buttons - originally they were difficult to push as some have clearly stated in other reviews. However, I am not sure if they have loosened up over time, but they don't seem to me that they are as hard to push as when the watch was new. I operate the buttons now without thinking about it and without much difficulty now. Like I said, I am not sure if it is because I got used to them, or they have worn in and loosened up - it might be a little of both. Although they are not as easy to push as the other G's I own, it is not that big of a deal.

As far as functions - I bought the G9000 Mudman due to it's reputation of having one of the better G modules out there - and in my opinion it has lived up to that billing. Two stopwatches, a countdown timer, International timezones, four alarms, snooze, a nice bright, easy to push light and more.... Plus, I like the way this reads compared to other G's in normal lighting - it has a bright face, and reads well in all lighting conditions. The letters, date, etc are all easy to read too - even for my old eyes! Many other G-Shocks have certain parts of the face that are not easy to read- like the date on some models, but on this Mucman due to the display brightness, font used, etc I like the way it reads and have no trouble with it.

The only "con" I can think of is the "2" used in military time - it is a little "squashed" due to the way it is displayed.... a minor thing, but it is a lame looking "2".

Others have complained about the nubs on the back being uncomfortable when wearing the watch for extended periods - I have not noticed that, and I have used it for woodworking and other strenuous tasks. It might depend on how tight you cinch the watch while wearing it, or perhaps on wrist shape - I could see that others could be bothered by it, but it has not bothered me at all. Also, others have complained about the buttons being difficult to push - I have to agree the buttons are not the easiest to push compared to many other G's, BUT like I mention above I don' t mind it or notice it as much, and it seems to have improved as the buttons have become broken in. The buttons on this Mudman will not be for everyone, I am not trying to say they are easy to push - only that I don't mind them, and I realize to make the watch mud proof there has to be some trade off.

Considering I got this watch for much less than the retail price here on Amazon, I could not be happier with its performance after five months of ownership.

Would recommend to anyone looking for a tough, good looking G.
on January 16, 2017
Most other reviews I had read on this watch were very helpful. After having the watch for only a little over a week, here's what I have to say: First of all, I don't have a large wrist, so this watch fit me well. Secondly, because it is a Mudman G-Shock the buttons are harder to press. As I read in other reviews, this is to compensate for protecting against something getting inside the watch...so it's a trade off. They definitely ARE harder to push. Thirdly, would there be enough light to see the time in absolute darkness? The light was great… I couldn't have asked for anything better. You just have to get used to finding the button in the dark and pressing VERY hard. It was not the easy press of my old Timex Ironman. And finally the price point was really good, so overall it's a five star so far.