BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

G-Shock G9000-1 Men's Black Resin Sport Watch
Size: No Size|Color: Black/Red|Change

on October 3, 2017
I just recently became a fan of G shocks after needing a durable work watch that can stand being banged around. My first purchase was a Rangeman which is just about the perfect digital watch. I was so happy with the Rngeman i decided to pick up a few more G shocks. After searching I decided on this one and the older generation Gulfman(9100) because of their size being more low profile. As for this MUDMAN I find this to be the perfect everyday work watch. Very happy with it.
PROS-
Great size! i've read that some G shock fans thinks its too small, but thats only compared to extremely large G-shocks. Truth is that its a normal sized watch.
Extremely crisp display- More so than other G shocks I bought
Great module with alarms, stopwatches, countdown timer & flash alert . World time etc
Comfortable and light- I know some people have mentioned the raised rubber bumps might bother some but I don't notice it.
Good looking and rugged old school looks
Hasn't lost or gained a second since it arrived.

Cons- the buttons may be hard to push for some with arthritis etc but I believe its by design but you get used to it.

Overall I highly recommend this watch to anyone looking for a normal sized G shock for under 75$ you can't go wrong
on September 21, 2017
This is a great watch, as are all G-Shocks. It's very comfortable on the wrist, and wears on the smaller, or "normal," spectrum when compared to a lot of the big case models. If you want a G but don't want something huge and bulky, this is a good choice. Yes, the buttons are hard to push, but that's the design, not a flaw. The buttons all have covers, which are molded as part of the bezel to help keep out the mud. I have about a 7.25" wrist, and I wear it loosely in the sixth from last hole. If you've ever owned the Rangeman, the feel of the Mudman band reminds me of that; a bit stiff and somewhat heftier than most (still comfortable, though). I like the double tang buckle and screw bar attachment for the band (as opposed to spring bars). It is made to stay securely attached to the wrist and survive whatever you throw at it. Whether you're looking for a tough watch at a good price, or just adding another G to the collection, this is worth the money. My only gripe is the container. The sales ad shows a G Shock metal tin on the third picture. For G-Shock fans, getting the tin is a premium and preferred. However, THIS WATCH DOES NOT COME IN THE METAL TIN AS PICTURED IN THE SALES AD. Rather, it comes in a cardboard G-Shock box with the plastic display stand. So, yes. I was a bit bummed, but not at the watch; just at the deceptive sales ad. Shame on you, Amazon.
on January 29, 2017
This one replaces the identical model - almost seven years old, when the battery finally died. This model is easy to set up and the time keeping of the old one gained about 20 seconds per month, which is satisfactory.
on January 3, 2017
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my younger nephew who had complained that all his previous watches quit working because of the factory environment where he works, and his outdoor leisure activities such as kayaking and raccoon hunting. My older nephew was issued G-shockby the Army when he was deployed to Afghanistan where he trained 11 B's. He has owned three G-shock watches and swears by their durability. G-shocks are the watches that he will buy. I bought this as a starter G-shock that has some nice features but doesn't have all the bells and whistles for a younger nephew who is in his early twenties and I'm not sure how responsible he will be with it. I made him aware of the other options such as a compass and a moon calendar which is available on another G-shock that costs roughly $128 and told him that he could return the watch that I bought him and upgrade to the other; so far he hasn't and is very pleased with this present. I plan on surprising my older nephew, who already owns this basic Mudman, with the upgraded version.
on January 29, 2016
I've had G-Shocks several times before and left Casio for more dressy Citizen and Invicta watches. I've accepted the fact that I'm hard on watches and I'm going to stick with Casio. They worked great for me when I was in the Navy, so "If it ain't broke; don't fix it". So far after just a few days, this watch is just right. I might go 5 stars if I had had it longer. If they're good enough for my Navy Seal buddies, they're good enough for me.
on December 13, 2012
This watch arrived at my place in Australia within 6 days of ordering. That was a good start.

The watch is solidly constructed and easy to read.
The alarm volume however is too low to be really effective. Other reviewers have complained about the stiffness of the buttons and the raised edges on the corners of the base of the watch. I have found the buttons to be somewhat stiff but I expect that they will become easier to push after more use. The raised corners on the base have given me no trouble at all.

I have since seen the watch advertised on special in stores at twice the price I paid (including postage) and the recommended retail price at three times what I paid.

Overall I am very happy with my purchase. It is a strong, functional and smart looking watch.
on May 20, 2017
Was on the fence about this watch. Truth be told it wasn't my first choice. However I am extremely pleased and I am glad I choose this watch. It is a solid watch. I frequently splash it at work with hot water, even sometimes submerging it for a few seconds, and it hasn't caused any issues. If you know you're going to be extremely hard in your watch then this mudman is a great choice. G-shocks in general are known for their durability and the mudman is the heavy duty of the g-shock brand.
on August 7, 2017
REcently owned Casio G Shock watches have not lasted as long as earlier models. Hopefully this one survives longer. This one is my current work watch and so far so good, but 3 or 4 other G shock watches only lasted 1 or 2 years.
on July 22, 2015
This watch is truly for the active outdoors person that gets dirty. Its has plenty of functions and the watch is pretty simple to operate and set. However, The most important caveat to consider when purchasing this watch pressure that must be exerted on the function buttons in order to change functions.. The buttons appear to be sealed in resin wish requires serious input force in order to change a function
on August 25, 2012
When I was a tanker in the Army, the only watch tough enough to take the abuse, keep working, and still look good doing it was a G-Shock. Unfortunately, I lost it and could not replace it since the model had been discontinued. In my civilian job as an Infrastructure Engineer, I have to spend a lot of time in construction zones and the parade of Fossil watches I've been wearing for years just wouldn't hold up to the environment. I looked into the G-Shock line, hoping to find a watch as dependable as the one I used in the Army, and found the G-Shock G9000 Mudman.

I absolutely love this watch. I wear it all the time. It has two stopwatches, a countdown timer, 5 separate alarms, World Time, Dual Illuminator, and all the other typical features like hourly beep, day, and date.

The countdown timer, which is probably my favorite feature, has a loop option where you set the time and after it counts down to zero and alarms you, it will also start over and repeat infinitely until you stop it. This is great for interval training, games, or any other reminder that needs to be repeated over and over.

There are 5 alarms. 1-4 are fixed, where you set the time and each day at that time it will go off. I use all four of mine. I use the watch to wake me up, remind me when my work shift starts, remind me when my work shift ends, and lets me know when it is time for bed. This may sound odd, but I work from home and have a tendency to get really focused on things and let time fly, so I have set up these boundaries to keep things in order. The fifth alarm, which I don't use, actually has a snooze function and you have to turn it all the way off to end the cycle. I can see how people would like this, but I don't like it because you have to enable the alarm every day. If you forget to enable it, you're pretty much out of luck.

The world time is pretty nice too. I have colleagues in multiple countries across Europe and Asia, so it is nice to be able to select the major city in their time zone and see what time it is. It saves the embarrassment of accidentally calling Moscow in the middle of the night or
Singapore during breakfast.

There are comments from other people about the buttons being stiff. This is true, the buttons are stiff, but they loosen up a little bit over time and let's be honest - this is a man's watch that is built to take a beating. If these buttons are too hard for you to push, you probably don't need the rugged durability of a G-Shock anyway.

The appearance of the watch, in my opinion, is so much better than most of the other models Casio offers. Cleaning the watch is simple with soap, water, and a small scrub brush. I will warn any potential buyers that pool water will produce a gray film on the the plastic surfaces of the watch. As long as you wash the watch with soap and water shortly after getting out of the pool, that film will go away and not return. I don't know what would happen if you waited to clean the watch, but I wouldn't do that, just in case the film becomes permanent over time.

I highly recommend this watch. If you want a G-Shock, this one should make you very happy.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.