Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

G-Shock G9000-1 Men's Black Resin Sport Watch
Size: No Size|Color: Black/Red|Change

on December 3, 2017
This watch is tough as all get out. I bought it because I assumed that a watch designed for the rigors imposed by motocross racers would have a fair chance lasting on my wrist with the kink of work I do. I was not disappointed.

I wore it to work every day through 8 months of intense, bone jarring, rock breaking excavation as an archaeology field tech in Colorado and this watch came out in better condition than me. Day after day of digging through hard earth six-pound Fiskers shovels (great shovels, btw, only managed to break a few) and breaking through cobbles and bedrock with sixteen-pound pry bars, I ended the season with trigger finger in my right hand pinky and carpel tunnel starting in both hands and yet this watch has hardly a scratch on it and still keeps time as accurately as you would expect from any other quartz movement watch. After eight months, I reset the time to an atomic clock because it was off by 30 to 45 seconds... not too shabby considering the serious amount of impact and vibration this watch suffered daily during the field season. I heartily endorse Casio G-Shock watches now for this reason. It also showed no problems operating in temperatures ranging from the mid teens to upper nineties (and greater since it was often in direct sunlight), and I'm sure there are even greater temperature extremes it could withstand. The wristband gave me no grief either; there are no signs of cracking and only the slightest dents and discoloration exist to remind me where I tighten it down to.

As for the operation of the watch and its features, I have no real complaints. The watch is a tad bulky, but not cumbersome or oversized. It is simply larger than the other watches I own (almost exclusively analog, which are normally smaller). The face of the watch is super easy to read in all lighting conditions and the dual illuminator works well in the dark. I like having the time, date, and day all on display on the same screen... its very nice to have that handy when doing paperwork in the midday July heat when calling such information to mind is often difficult. I'll admit that I haven't made much use of the other features with the exception of the stopwatch which I use sparingly. Being used to analog watches, I simply don't feel a need to use alarms or whatnot and so I haven't bothered to try them out. The world time feature would be great if I was traveling between time zones, but all my work this year was local, so maybe next year I'll use it. The buttons are a little tough to use at first, but you'll find that your fingers get sore and then you adjust. Such is the price you pay for a watch that effectively keeps the elements out of its inner workings.

As far as looks go, this is not what I would wear with my suit and tie nor with my regular weekend out-on-the-town attire. That being said, it is a handsome watch as digitals go and looks right at home with rugged outdoor wear. It would also look fine with casual clothes, but I tend to prefer my analogs for that, as I've said.

I would recommend this watch entirely to many people, such as construction workers, the intended motocross and extreme sports enthusiasts, military personnel (24 hour time and mute are just a few button presses away!), fellow archaeologists, Rambo, skin divers (I can't speak to its efficacy for deep dives, but I bet its pretty good), mountaineers, professional athletes, law enforcement, ninjas, and anyone else looking for a really tough, cost-effective watch to strap to their wrist.
on June 22, 2017
As pictured and advertised, this is suppose to be in a G-Shock metal/tin box. I was sent with one in a cardboard box.
review imagereview image
on September 21, 2017
This is a great watch, as are all G-Shocks. It's very comfortable on the wrist, and wears on the smaller, or "normal," spectrum when compared to a lot of the big case models. If you want a G but don't want something huge and bulky, this is a good choice. Yes, the buttons are hard to push, but that's the design, not a flaw. The buttons all have covers, which are molded as part of the bezel to help keep out the mud. I have about a 7.25" wrist, and I wear it loosely in the sixth from last hole. If you've ever owned the Rangeman, the feel of the Mudman band reminds me of that; a bit stiff and somewhat heftier than most (still comfortable, though). I like the double tang buckle and screw bar attachment for the band (as opposed to spring bars). It is made to stay securely attached to the wrist and survive whatever you throw at it. Whether you're looking for a tough watch at a good price, or just adding another G to the collection, this is worth the money. My only gripe is the container. The sales ad shows a G Shock metal tin on the third picture. For G-Shock fans, getting the tin is a premium and preferred. However, THIS WATCH DOES NOT COME IN THE METAL TIN AS PICTURED IN THE SALES AD. Rather, it comes in a cardboard G-Shock box with the plastic display stand. So, yes. I was a bit bummed, but not at the watch; just at the deceptive sales ad. Shame on you, Amazon.
on June 10, 2016
I've had this watch for five years now, and couldn't be happier. This is my beater watch. I done yard work, carpentry, shoveled snow, gone on deployments and vacations. I've dove with it down to 100 feet. I've even thrown it in the dishwasher when it has gotten really grimy. I would buy another without hesitation.
on January 29, 2013
We own a number of G-Shocks - my boys own the following: GD100-MS1, the GLX-5600, G7900-1 Rescue, G2900-1V.

I own the G9300-1 Mudman, and this - the G9000-1V Mudman. Of all the G's we own, this is right up there with my favorites, and I wear it often. It actually sees more wrist time than my G9300 since it is smaller and wears lighter, I like the way it wears.

At first, I was not as satisfied with the function buttons - originally they were difficult to push as some have clearly stated in other reviews. However, I am not sure if they have loosened up over time, but they don't seem to me that they are as hard to push as when the watch was new. I operate the buttons now without thinking about it and without much difficulty now. Like I said, I am not sure if it is because I got used to them, or they have worn in and loosened up - it might be a little of both. Although they are not as easy to push as the other G's I own, it is not that big of a deal.

As far as functions - I bought the G9000 Mudman due to it's reputation of having one of the better G modules out there - and in my opinion it has lived up to that billing. Two stopwatches, a countdown timer, International timezones, four alarms, snooze, a nice bright, easy to push light and more.... Plus, I like the way this reads compared to other G's in normal lighting - it has a bright face, and reads well in all lighting conditions. The letters, date, etc are all easy to read too - even for my old eyes! Many other G-Shocks have certain parts of the face that are not easy to read- like the date on some models, but on this Mucman due to the display brightness, font used, etc I like the way it reads and have no trouble with it.

The only "con" I can think of is the "2" used in military time - it is a little "squashed" due to the way it is displayed.... a minor thing, but it is a lame looking "2".

Others have complained about the nubs on the back being uncomfortable when wearing the watch for extended periods - I have not noticed that, and I have used it for woodworking and other strenuous tasks. It might depend on how tight you cinch the watch while wearing it, or perhaps on wrist shape - I could see that others could be bothered by it, but it has not bothered me at all. Also, others have complained about the buttons being difficult to push - I have to agree the buttons are not the easiest to push compared to many other G's, BUT like I mention above I don' t mind it or notice it as much, and it seems to have improved as the buttons have become broken in. The buttons on this Mudman will not be for everyone, I am not trying to say they are easy to push - only that I don't mind them, and I realize to make the watch mud proof there has to be some trade off.

Considering I got this watch for much less than the retail price here on Amazon, I could not be happier with its performance after five months of ownership.

Would recommend to anyone looking for a tough, good looking G.
on November 19, 2017
I like the G-shock series very much. My last G-shock lasted 6 years, until the clasping mechanism broke. That watch was tough, durable and resistant. However, I'm very disappointed that newer G-shocks don't seem to have the same durability as the older ones. This watch is still mostly working, but after the first year of ownership, some of its functions stopped working after a trip to Asia. When I was trying to adjust the time zone, I found out that the "adjust" button didn't work, which meant that the watch was stuck on Eastern Standard Time, and couldn't be used for its intended purpose. I'm disappointed that the watch malfunctioned so quickly, and I can't recommend this product to anyone.
Mudman gshocks forever .I have 31 gshock watches. I have 4 Mudman gshocks. I have g9300-1 mudman .The gw9010-1 Solar power Atomic. And 2 of this model. G9000-1v the. I Love this watch for the money. I got my 1st g9000-1v@amazon.com.Almost 3 years ago and it still looks great. This watch has been in boiling water a block of ice over night. I used it for everything you can imagine with this watch. I just bought another just in case they ever disconnect. This model. People Complain about the buttons to hard to push.but that's what the watch is made for. So no mud or dust water,can get in.The buttons are red which is cool. Look at the utube videos on the watch and you will See how durable it is. I Love all gshocks Big or small. This is a great watch for a person who doesn't want a huge watch. The band is super compfortable. The watch is battery power. It has a long lasting life on the battery. They use cr2025 battery. That is 7 to 10 year battery. If you don't use the back Light alot. The website says 3 years. But the watch .so I called Casio and they said they put that on the website. Because most Military people buy it and use the back light alot at night. This is the best watch you can buy for the money. Take it from a gshock collector. I've been wearing gshocks for almost 34 years. Since the first one came out in 1983.This or any gshock you choose. There all great..Enjoy any gshock watch you buy. This is just a great watch. That won't break. FOR a great price. I have the Rangeman gshock which is a great watch. But a lot more money. I also have the King GXW56-1BJF gshock. That is the biggest gshock they make and the toughest. With the extra Shock Absorb Alpha gel . I have the Aviation gshock 2 Gulfman gshocks. And way to many more to mention. Remember the watch you choose is the best watch. Your the one wearing it.
review imagereview imagereview image
on January 29, 2017
This one replaces the identical model - almost seven years old, when the battery finally died. This model is easy to set up and the time keeping of the old one gained about 20 seconds per month, which is satisfactory.
on December 26, 2010
I got this watch and it's one of the most sturdiest watches I've ever gotten! When it came home, it looked a bit small in the box, but after 6 days of use, the watch seems like the best watch ever. It feels so sturdy in the hand, the band has a circular feel to it and has a stainless steel back! The watch is also water resistant, so I mean I've washed my hands with it on and it still look brand new! It takes a second to figure out how to set up the time and everything. But once you read the manual, which is pretty simple to understand, you can set up the watch easily! The only that is some what bad is that the buttons are a bit stiff, but that's a good thing so mud does not go in and after a few days of use you get used to it so that's not a big problem. Also I've heard after 3-4 years of use, the paint on the logos can come off. But you can get that repainted, and that only happens when you use it really rough! Shipping is also fast with DHL Global Mail! I was supposed to get the watch on the 29th, but got it on the 23rd!It came in only 5 days to Canada! So overall the watch is the best watch ever and I highly recommend the watch anyone, who needs to use it alot! I give it a 9.5/10 and that 0.5 is cut off only if the theory of the watch that the paint comes off, if that is not true, then 10/10! It's a G Shock and they make the world's best watches! Also out of all the G Shocks this is the best look with a good price tag of only $60! The other ones are good too, but a expensive and some are cheaper than this one, but look pretty ugly! So this is the best G Shock you can get and it's black, so won't get dirty! I recommend buying it a few weeks before Christmas because then Amazon.com has sales on this watch! And buy from Amazon.com only, not other merchants, because then you don't get full Casio warranty, but you have to ask the merchant for the warranty as some do offer Casio warranty.
on May 20, 2017
Was on the fence about this watch. Truth be told it wasn't my first choice. However I am extremely pleased and I am glad I choose this watch. It is a solid watch. I frequently splash it at work with hot water, even sometimes submerging it for a few seconds, and it hasn't caused any issues. If you know you're going to be extremely hard in your watch then this mudman is a great choice. G-shocks in general are known for their durability and the mudman is the heavy duty of the g-shock brand.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.