Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

G-Shock G9000-1 Men's Black Resin Sport Watch
Size: No Size|Color: Black/Red|Change

on July 2, 2016
This watch is a beast! It's big. It can withstand just about anything you can throw at it. You will become a better man when you wear this watch. As soon as you put it on you will instantly grow a beard. This watch is called the Mudman for a reason. Any slop you fling at it will simply bounce off it and onto inferior watches.

A lot of reviewers have been mentioning that the buttons are hard to push. Some reviewers even think of this as a negative. Really? If a little button on a watch is too hard for you to push, then you're probably too weak to wear this watch anyway. Go back to your soap operas. The buttons feel sturdy. They are meant to stand up to the abuse this watch will go through. Yes, they require a little extra elbow grease, but I was still able to get the time set correctly in a matter of minutes and my fingers are a little stronger now.

While I only have had this watch for a few days, I already love it. It is big on my wrist but doesn't feel overly heavy. This watch feels solid when I wear it. I also like the fact that it's water resistant (rated for scuba diving!), mud resistant and vibration resistant! I like stuff that is built to last. I don't plan on buying another watch after this.

I'll try to update this review as time goes on.
26 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 3, 2017
This watch is tough as all get out. I bought it because I assumed that a watch designed for the rigors imposed by motocross racers would have a fair chance lasting on my wrist with the kind of work I do. I was not disappointed.

I wore it to work every day through 8 months of intense, bone jarring, rock breaking excavation as an archaeology field tech in Colorado and this watch came out in better condition than me. Day after day of digging through hard earth six-pound Fiskers shovels (great shovels, btw, only managed to break a few) and breaking through cobbles and bedrock with sixteen-pound pry bars, I ended the season with trigger finger in my right hand pinky and carpel tunnel starting in both hands and yet this watch has hardly a scratch on it and still keeps time as accurately as you would expect from any other quartz movement watch. After eight months, I reset the time to an atomic clock because it was off by 30 to 45 seconds... not too shabby considering the serious amount of impact and vibration this watch suffered daily during the field season. I heartily endorse Casio G-Shock watches now for this reason. It also showed no problems operating in temperatures ranging from the mid teens to upper nineties (and greater since it was often in direct sunlight), and I'm sure there are even greater temperature extremes it could withstand. The wristband gave me no grief either; there are no signs of cracking and only the slightest dents and discoloration exist to remind me where I tighten it down to.

As for the operation of the watch and its features, I have no real complaints. The watch is a tad bulky, but not cumbersome or oversized. It is simply larger than the other watches I own (almost exclusively analog, which are normally smaller). The face of the watch is super easy to read in all lighting conditions and the dual illuminator works well in the dark. I like having the time, date, and day all on display on the same screen... its very nice to have that handy when doing paperwork in the midday July heat when calling such information to mind is often difficult. I'll admit that I haven't made much use of the other features with the exception of the stopwatch which I use sparingly. Being used to analog watches, I simply don't feel a need to use alarms or whatnot and so I haven't bothered to try them out. The world time feature would be great if I was traveling between time zones, but all my work this year was local, so maybe next year I'll use it. The buttons are a little tough to use at first, but you'll find that your fingers get sore and then you adjust. Such is the price you pay for a watch that effectively keeps the elements out of its inner workings.

As far as looks go, this is not what I would wear with my suit and tie nor with my regular weekend out-on-the-town attire. That being said, it is a handsome watch as digitals go and looks right at home with rugged outdoor wear. It would also look fine with casual clothes, but I tend to prefer my analogs for that, as I've said.

I would recommend this watch entirely to many people, such as construction workers, the intended motocross and extreme sports enthusiasts, military personnel (24 hour time and mute are just a few button presses away!), fellow archaeologists, Rambo, skin divers (I can't speak to its efficacy for deep dives, but I bet its pretty good), mountaineers, professional athletes, law enforcement, ninjas, and anyone else looking for a really tough, cost-effective watch to strap to their wrist.
5 people found this helpful
on April 20, 2016
I have tried many different G-shocks and all looked gigantic on my wrist or rode off to the side of my wrist making them uncomfortable to wear. This model fits perfectly and the scale looks much better. True -- the buttons are tough to press but that is by design due with it being a Mudman model and I'm ok with that as I don't use the alarm functions that often. I I prefer the larger negative display of my most recent G-shock (GD350-1B) however the fit and the dual illuminesent display of this watch outweigh that. From someone who has purchased 5 other G shocks this one has to be my overall favorite.
9 people found this helpful
on November 1, 2014
At first I was unsure of whether to buy this. In fact, I was about to go ahead and pull the trigger, but I decided against it. A few weeks went by, I was getting tired of my minimalist Casio I had on already. "Water Resistant." Out of nowhere, I went and bought it. I've had this watch for a little over a week now, and here is the hard truth about this watch:

Cons:
At first, it is a little uncomfortable with the little stubs on the bottom of the watch that touch your arm. You adjust to them, and now they feel like they aren't even there. So I guess this is a temporary con.

The buttons. They aren't as bad as people say. You can easily change modes, and start and stop timers and such. Where is it a little difficult is changing the times. Going from 0 to 30 will leave your finger tips a little red, but you just have to deal with it for the sake of the mud resistance. Trust me when I say, they aren't that bad. Man up ladies.

A little on the big side. Where it is big is vertically. As in the bottom of your wrist up. But that is the protection part, so if you want sleek, you're looking in the wrong area.

Pros:
So, so light. It doesn't look it, but this is not a heavy watch.

Features! There are a lot. Look up the specifications.

For me, my favorite part is the hourly chime's chime. It is quiet enough to use in class, but loud enough to unmistakably hear it.

Waterproof, mud-proof, and durable. One thing I am prone to doing, is slamming my wrist into walls accidentally. I have already done it a few times and the screen is fine. The watch case comes out a little to protect it, so my screen remains unharmed.

Looks surprisingly nice on the wrist.

The back light is great, and the screen is clear and simple.

The band is very nice, and the buckle type thing (whatever) is perfect for me.

Conclusion: I'm sure I have missed a few things in this, but trust me. If you are unsure of whether or not you should get it like I was, just go for it. It is light, comfortable (once it is broken in, per say), good-looking, and feature packed. Not to mention durable, and element-proof. Just go for it if you want a rugged watch. And don't worry too much about the buttons. They will get even easier to press through time. I no doubt give this at least a 4.5/5.
11 people found this helpful
on September 21, 2017
This is a great watch, as are all G-Shocks. It's very comfortable on the wrist, and wears on the smaller, or "normal," spectrum when compared to a lot of the big case models. If you want a G but don't want something huge and bulky, this is a good choice. Yes, the buttons are hard to push, but that's the design, not a flaw. The buttons all have covers, which are molded as part of the bezel to help keep out the mud. I have about a 7.25" wrist, and I wear it loosely in the sixth from last hole. If you've ever owned the Rangeman, the feel of the Mudman band reminds me of that; a bit stiff and somewhat heftier than most (still comfortable, though). I like the double tang buckle and screw bar attachment for the band (as opposed to spring bars). It is made to stay securely attached to the wrist and survive whatever you throw at it. Whether you're looking for a tough watch at a good price, or just adding another G to the collection, this is worth the money. My only gripe is the container. The sales ad shows a G Shock metal tin on the third picture. For G-Shock fans, getting the tin is a premium and preferred. However, THIS WATCH DOES NOT COME IN THE METAL TIN AS PICTURED IN THE SALES AD. Rather, it comes in a cardboard G-Shock box with the plastic display stand. So, yes. I was a bit bummed, but not at the watch; just at the deceptive sales ad. Shame on you, Amazon.
3 people found this helpful
on June 10, 2016
I've had this watch for five years now, and couldn't be happier. This is my beater watch. I done yard work, carpentry, shoveled snow, gone on deployments and vacations. I've dove with it down to 100 feet. I've even thrown it in the dishwasher when it has gotten really grimy. I would buy another without hesitation.
6 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 29, 2013
We own a number of G-Shocks - my boys own the following: GD100-MS1, the GLX-5600, G7900-1 Rescue, G2900-1V.

I own the G9300-1 Mudman, and this - the G9000-1V Mudman. Of all the G's we own, this is right up there with my favorites, and I wear it often. It actually sees more wrist time than my G9300 since it is smaller and wears lighter, I like the way it wears.

At first, I was not as satisfied with the function buttons - originally they were difficult to push as some have clearly stated in other reviews. However, I am not sure if they have loosened up over time, but they don't seem to me that they are as hard to push as when the watch was new. I operate the buttons now without thinking about it and without much difficulty now. Like I said, I am not sure if it is because I got used to them, or they have worn in and loosened up - it might be a little of both. Although they are not as easy to push as the other G's I own, it is not that big of a deal.

As far as functions - I bought the G9000 Mudman due to it's reputation of having one of the better G modules out there - and in my opinion it has lived up to that billing. Two stopwatches, a countdown timer, International timezones, four alarms, snooze, a nice bright, easy to push light and more.... Plus, I like the way this reads compared to other G's in normal lighting - it has a bright face, and reads well in all lighting conditions. The letters, date, etc are all easy to read too - even for my old eyes! Many other G-Shocks have certain parts of the face that are not easy to read- like the date on some models, but on this Mucman due to the display brightness, font used, etc I like the way it reads and have no trouble with it.

The only "con" I can think of is the "2" used in military time - it is a little "squashed" due to the way it is displayed.... a minor thing, but it is a lame looking "2".

Others have complained about the nubs on the back being uncomfortable when wearing the watch for extended periods - I have not noticed that, and I have used it for woodworking and other strenuous tasks. It might depend on how tight you cinch the watch while wearing it, or perhaps on wrist shape - I could see that others could be bothered by it, but it has not bothered me at all. Also, others have complained about the buttons being difficult to push - I have to agree the buttons are not the easiest to push compared to many other G's, BUT like I mention above I don' t mind it or notice it as much, and it seems to have improved as the buttons have become broken in. The buttons on this Mudman will not be for everyone, I am not trying to say they are easy to push - only that I don't mind them, and I realize to make the watch mud proof there has to be some trade off.

Considering I got this watch for much less than the retail price here on Amazon, I could not be happier with its performance after five months of ownership.

Would recommend to anyone looking for a tough, good looking G.
6 people found this helpful
on October 3, 2017
I just recently became a fan of G shocks after needing a durable work watch that can stand being banged around. My first purchase was a Rangeman which is just about the perfect digital watch. I was so happy with the Rngeman i decided to pick up a few more G shocks. After searching I decided on this one and the older generation Gulfman(9100) because of their size being more low profile. As for this MUDMAN I find this to be the perfect everyday work watch. Very happy with it.
PROS-
Great size! i've read that some G shock fans thinks its too small, but thats only compared to extremely large G-shocks. Truth is that its a normal sized watch.
Extremely crisp display- More so than other G shocks I bought
Great module with alarms, stopwatches, countdown timer & flash alert . World time etc
Comfortable and light- I know some people have mentioned the raised rubber bumps might bother some but I don't notice it.
Good looking and rugged old school looks
Hasn't lost or gained a second since it arrived.

Cons- the buttons may be hard to push for some with arthritis etc but I believe its by design but you get used to it.

Overall I highly recommend this watch to anyone looking for a normal sized G shock for under 75$ you can't go wrong
One person found this helpful
on November 19, 2017
I like the G-shock series very much. My last G-shock lasted 6 years, until the clasping mechanism broke. That watch was tough, durable and resistant. However, I'm very disappointed that newer G-shocks don't seem to have the same durability as the older ones. This watch is still mostly working, but after the first year of ownership, some of its functions stopped working after a trip to Asia. When I was trying to adjust the time zone, I found out that the "adjust" button didn't work, which meant that the watch was stuck on Eastern Standard Time, and couldn't be used for its intended purpose. I'm disappointed that the watch malfunctioned so quickly, and I can't recommend this product to anyone.
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
Mudman gshocks forever .I have 31 gshock watches. I have 4 Mudman gshocks. I have g9300-1 mudman .The gw9010-1 Solar power Atomic. And 2 of this model. G9000-1v the. I Love this watch for the money. I got my 1st g9000-1v@amazon.com.Almost 3 years ago and it still looks great. This watch has been in boiling water a block of ice over night. I used it for everything you can imagine with this watch. I just bought another just in case they ever disconnect. This model. People Complain about the buttons to hard to push.but that's what the watch is made for. So no mud or dust water,can get in.The buttons are red which is cool. Look at the utube videos on the watch and you will See how durable it is. I Love all gshocks Big or small. This is a great watch for a person who doesn't want a huge watch. The band is super compfortable. The watch is battery power. It has a long lasting life on the battery. They use cr2025 battery. That is 7 to 10 year battery. If you don't use the back Light alot. The website says 3 years. But the watch .so I called Casio and they said they put that on the website. Because most Military people buy it and use the back light alot at night. This is the best watch you can buy for the money. Take it from a gshock collector. I've been wearing gshocks for almost 34 years. Since the first one came out in 1983.This or any gshock you choose. There all great..Enjoy any gshock watch you buy. This is just a great watch. That won't break. FOR a great price. I have the Rangeman gshock which is a great watch. But a lot more money. I also have the King GXW56-1BJF gshock. That is the biggest gshock they make and the toughest. With the extra Shock Absorb Alpha gel . I have the Aviation gshock 2 Gulfman gshocks. And way to many more to mention. Remember the watch you choose is the best watch. Your the one wearing it.
review imagereview imagereview image