Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

G-Shock G9000-1 Men's Black Resin Sport Watch
Size: No Size|Color: Black/Red|Change

on January 29, 2017
This one replaces the identical model - almost seven years old, when the battery finally died. This model is easy to set up and the time keeping of the old one gained about 20 seconds per month, which is satisfactory.
on November 19, 2017
I like the G-shock series very much. My last G-shock lasted 6 years, until the clasping mechanism broke. That watch was tough, durable and resistant. However, I'm very disappointed that newer G-shocks don't seem to have the same durability as the older ones. This watch is still mostly working, but after the first year of ownership, some of its functions stopped working after a trip to Asia. When I was trying to adjust the time zone, I found out that the "adjust" button didn't work, which meant that the watch was stuck on Eastern Standard Time, and couldn't be used for its intended purpose. I'm disappointed that the watch malfunctioned so quickly, and I can't recommend this product to anyone.
on December 13, 2012
This watch arrived at my place in Australia within 6 days of ordering. That was a good start.

The watch is solidly constructed and easy to read.
The alarm volume however is too low to be really effective. Other reviewers have complained about the stiffness of the buttons and the raised edges on the corners of the base of the watch. I have found the buttons to be somewhat stiff but I expect that they will become easier to push after more use. The raised corners on the base have given me no trouble at all.

I have since seen the watch advertised on special in stores at twice the price I paid (including postage) and the recommended retail price at three times what I paid.

Overall I am very happy with my purchase. It is a strong, functional and smart looking watch.
on May 20, 2017
Was on the fence about this watch. Truth be told it wasn't my first choice. However I am extremely pleased and I am glad I choose this watch. It is a solid watch. I frequently splash it at work with hot water, even sometimes submerging it for a few seconds, and it hasn't caused any issues. If you know you're going to be extremely hard in your watch then this mudman is a great choice. G-shocks in general are known for their durability and the mudman is the heavy duty of the g-shock brand.
on August 7, 2017
REcently owned Casio G Shock watches have not lasted as long as earlier models. Hopefully this one survives longer. This one is my current work watch and so far so good, but 3 or 4 other G shock watches only lasted 1 or 2 years.
on July 22, 2015
This watch is truly for the active outdoors person that gets dirty. Its has plenty of functions and the watch is pretty simple to operate and set. However, The most important caveat to consider when purchasing this watch pressure that must be exerted on the function buttons in order to change functions.. The buttons appear to be sealed in resin wish requires serious input force in order to change a function
3 helpful votes
on August 13, 2013
I just got the G9000 Mud... my 3rd GShock... My 1st was DW6600 and second was DW5600... the 9000 looks AWESOME... the button stiffness is highly exagerrated by 9000 owners... getting to know the functions was a lil tricky at first as the manual wasnt that easy to read through. not rocket science but still a lil sketchy.. overall I think that the 9000 has too many uneeded functions... different time zones is a good example of the unecessary functions that are available... and then on the flip side the obvious ones that are needed like a timer that includes seconds isnt available... also the strap feels very flimsy and cheap unlike classic resin bands.. and on the 2nd day of wearing it I tossed it on my empty couch and the clasp popped off... I was like "wtf"... also the strap feels very uncomfortable... IDK if its the grooves on the back or how crappy the strap is... couldve been a lil beefier... its no were NEAR as big and chunky and awesome as my DW6600 and since buying the 5600 a few weeks ago the 5600 has REALLY grown on me... I cant beleive how awesome that DW5600 is... its just so basic and straight forward and when comparing its size to my other GShocks its not as small as I thought it was but I still think that they should still make it bigger... Id actually prefer wearing my 6600 or 5600 over the MudMan... I ve come to the conclusion that the only thing that attracts me to the G9000 Mud is aesthetic... the display looks really pretty in the dark and the red buttons add flare.. also Casio you should bring back the old super bright Turquiose Illuminator like on DW6600 instead of that dark green crap... overall its a decent watch and for $55 dollars very nicely priced.
on June 27, 2017
This is my second Casio G-Shock Mud- and Shock-Resistant Watch. I pretty much bought the first one because the band was big enough to wrap around my wrists. It lasted several years so after it finally died I got another one.
11 comment|Report abuse
on May 7, 2017
It keeps time is highly water resistant and best of all it fit and hasn't broken yet .I am hard on watches they rarely last a year we will see how long this one lasts
on November 7, 2012
I would have given this 5 stars but the countdown timer only sets with minutes (no seconds) and I use the timer all the time to change up the rest intervals between sets when working out. Now I use one of my other Casio watches for the workouts so it's not too big of a deal for me but something you should be aware of if you are relying on a timer that does, say,countdown to 90 seconds. This will not. Another thing you should be aware of is the force needed to change the modes. It is not as easy as most watches. For me this is a plus because I always hated how easy some watches would change the modes. If you hit the button accidentally the mode would shift and when you go to look at the time you are in the stopwatch mode so you have to cycle thru to get to the time. I like to flip my wrist and look at the time. I guess I'm funny that way. The light on the watch is sufficient. The light will light up the entire watch so you can see the date and time. Some watches I owned would leave a portion of the corner of the display in the dark and you would have to strain to try to read the last digit of the time. The size is perfect (for me) as I like I watch that is large but not so large as to make people think you put a band on your wall clock and not so small that people ask if your wife ever notices her watch missing.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.