Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Size: true|Color: Black/Red|Change

Showing 1-10 of 431 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 514 reviews
on July 2, 2016
This watch is a beast! It's big. It can withstand just about anything you can throw at it. You will become a better man when you wear this watch. As soon as you put it on you will instantly grow a beard. This watch is called the Mudman for a reason. Any slop you fling at it will simply bounce off it and onto inferior watches.

A lot of reviewers have been mentioning that the buttons are hard to push. Some reviewers even think of this as a negative. Really? If a little button on a watch is too hard for you to push, then you're probably too weak to wear this watch anyway. Go back to your soap operas. The buttons feel sturdy. They are meant to stand up to the abuse this watch will go through. Yes, they require a little extra elbow grease, but I was still able to get the time set correctly in a matter of minutes and my fingers are a little stronger now.

While I only have had this watch for a few days, I already love it. It is big on my wrist but doesn't feel overly heavy. This watch feels solid when I wear it. I also like the fact that it's water resistant (rated for scuba diving!), mud resistant and vibration resistant! I like stuff that is built to last. I don't plan on buying another watch after this.

I'll try to update this review as time goes on.
on April 20, 2016
I have tried many different G-shocks and all looked gigantic on my wrist or rode off to the side of my wrist making them uncomfortable to wear. This model fits perfectly and the scale looks much better. True -- the buttons are tough to press but that is by design due with it being a Mudman model and I'm ok with that as I don't use the alarm functions that often. I I prefer the larger negative display of my most recent G-shock (GD350-1B) however the fit and the dual illuminesent display of this watch outweigh that. From someone who has purchased 5 other G shocks this one has to be my overall favorite.
on November 1, 2014
At first I was unsure of whether to buy this. In fact, I was about to go ahead and pull the trigger, but I decided against it. A few weeks went by, I was getting tired of my minimalist Casio I had on already. "Water Resistant." Out of nowhere, I went and bought it. I've had this watch for a little over a week now, and here is the hard truth about this watch:

Cons:
At first, it is a little uncomfortable with the little stubs on the bottom of the watch that touch your arm. You adjust to them, and now they feel like they aren't even there. So I guess this is a temporary con.

The buttons. They aren't as bad as people say. You can easily change modes, and start and stop timers and such. Where is it a little difficult is changing the times. Going from 0 to 30 will leave your finger tips a little red, but you just have to deal with it for the sake of the mud resistance. Trust me when I say, they aren't that bad. Man up ladies.

A little on the big side. Where it is big is vertically. As in the bottom of your wrist up. But that is the protection part, so if you want sleek, you're looking in the wrong area.

Pros:
So, so light. It doesn't look it, but this is not a heavy watch.

Features! There are a lot. Look up the specifications.

For me, my favorite part is the hourly chime's chime. It is quiet enough to use in class, but loud enough to unmistakably hear it.

Waterproof, mud-proof, and durable. One thing I am prone to doing, is slamming my wrist into walls accidentally. I have already done it a few times and the screen is fine. The watch case comes out a little to protect it, so my screen remains unharmed.

Looks surprisingly nice on the wrist.

The back light is great, and the screen is clear and simple.

The band is very nice, and the buckle type thing (whatever) is perfect for me.

Conclusion: I'm sure I have missed a few things in this, but trust me. If you are unsure of whether or not you should get it like I was, just go for it. It is light, comfortable (once it is broken in, per say), good-looking, and feature packed. Not to mention durable, and element-proof. Just go for it if you want a rugged watch. And don't worry too much about the buttons. They will get even easier to press through time. I no doubt give this at least a 4.5/5.
on January 3, 2017
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my younger nephew who had complained that all his previous watches quit working because of the factory environment where he works, and his outdoor leisure activities such as kayaking and raccoon hunting. My older nephew was issued G-shockby the Army when he was deployed to Afghanistan where he trained 11 B's. He has owned three G-shock watches and swears by their durability. G-shocks are the watches that he will buy. I bought this as a starter G-shock that has some nice features but doesn't have all the bells and whistles for a younger nephew who is in his early twenties and I'm not sure how responsible he will be with it. I made him aware of the other options such as a compass and a moon calendar which is available on another G-shock that costs roughly $128 and told him that he could return the watch that I bought him and upgrade to the other; so far he hasn't and is very pleased with this present. I plan on surprising my older nephew, who already owns this basic Mudman, with the upgraded version.
on December 26, 2010
I got this watch and it's one of the most sturdiest watches I've ever gotten! When it came home, it looked a bit small in the box, but after 6 days of use, the watch seems like the best watch ever. It feels so sturdy in the hand, the band has a circular feel to it and has a stainless steel back! The watch is also water resistant, so I mean I've washed my hands with it on and it still look brand new! It takes a second to figure out how to set up the time and everything. But once you read the manual, which is pretty simple to understand, you can set up the watch easily! The only that is some what bad is that the buttons are a bit stiff, but that's a good thing so mud does not go in and after a few days of use you get used to it so that's not a big problem. Also I've heard after 3-4 years of use, the paint on the logos can come off. But you can get that repainted, and that only happens when you use it really rough! Shipping is also fast with DHL Global Mail! I was supposed to get the watch on the 29th, but got it on the 23rd!It came in only 5 days to Canada! So overall the watch is the best watch ever and I highly recommend the watch anyone, who needs to use it alot! I give it a 9.5/10 and that 0.5 is cut off only if the theory of the watch that the paint comes off, if that is not true, then 10/10! It's a G Shock and they make the world's best watches! Also out of all the G Shocks this is the best look with a good price tag of only $60! The other ones are good too, but a expensive and some are cheaper than this one, but look pretty ugly! So this is the best G Shock you can get and it's black, so won't get dirty! I recommend buying it a few weeks before Christmas because then Amazon.com has sales on this watch! And buy from Amazon.com only, not other merchants, because then you don't get full Casio warranty, but you have to ask the merchant for the warranty as some do offer Casio warranty.
on April 3, 2017
Great watch overall, but has very stiff buttons. Not good for someone with weak hands. It has some minor quirks, (no sound on certain button presses on some screens for example), but you get used to them quickly and they do not seem to be flaws, only quirky little functionalities for hidden menu options, etc...
on October 14, 2016
Arrived 3 days after I ordered it, well packaged, seller really did a good job keeping it safe.

So far it's a great watch, I'm still looking through all the features.
review image review image
on October 25, 2011
I got this today in the mail and I must say that I am impressed with the quality of this watch, as with most G-Shocks. It has a smooth, resin exterior, with a slightly concealed steel rim and red buttons. It looks and feels like a very tough watch. It is not as super heavy in terms of weight, and if you enjoy activities such as swimming, rallying, fishing, climbing, scuba-diving, biking, hiking, and showering, this may be the watch for you.
However......
If you do not like watches that look big, tough, and heavy duty, and would rather have a light outdoors watch, I recommend a Timex.
The buttons are hard to push, and can be a pain for soft or weak fingers.
I am only 13, so my wrist is small, but the watch still looks good on it. If you are concerned about the watch being too big, then you don't really need to worry. the size is good, but it is still a big, chunky-ish watch and you may not like that. The band will fit nicely on just about any wrist. The case is about 1.75 inches wide and .5 inches tall.The buckle strap is about 3.5 inches long and the loop strap is about 5 inches long. So again, if you do not like big watches, then don't by this one. Another thing that slightly bugs me is the inaccurate world time. I looked up world time on Google, and was amazed to see that most of it is incorrect. I have many friends overseas, and it is nice knowing when they can chat on Facebook, but I cannot rely on the world time for this. I have so far found no way to change this...but there probably is a way.
So the watch does have a few icky bits but overall I still think it is a great watch.
Here are good things about the watch....
Looks sweet and makes you look professional. It has four alarms is very handy for someone with a busy schedule. It fits well, and is very comfortable due to the engraving pattern on the strap. It has two stopwatches, a 1000 hour timer, and you can adjust the duration of the backlight. The illumination is very nice with an emerald green afterglow. It is very easy to adjust the time, and is pre-programmed until the year 2099, so you do not have to set the day. You can set the alarms to be every day, or on a certain day, or a date that is a few months away which is nice if you are a forgetful person. The feel and quality are very impressive for a a watch as affordable as this. The battery lasts 3 years, according to the manual. In the middle of the screen is a bar that shows you which alarms you have activated. The watch has a "Flash" indicator which means you can adjust the backlight to flash when the alarm goes off. Some of the 1-star reviews stated that the watch fogged up in humid climate, of malfunctioned and stopped working after a few days or months. This is because the watch had individual error, and does not apply to all of them...as G-Shocks are very well made. I bought this one specifically cause of the mud and dirt resistance....not sure if that applies to all G-Shocks.
So if you are active, outdoorsy, adventurous, and like tough-looking things, this is the watch for you.
If you are simple and in no need of something so large and bulky, then go get a timex
on December 23, 2016
The watch case arrived all damaged and the watch did not have the protective case and had dust.
review image review image
on April 18, 2017
Exactly what I was looking for. It was an "opened package" so it was a little cheaper.