Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Men's GDF100-1A "G-Shock" Sport Watch with Black Resin Band
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on September 2, 2011
First I would like to say that I am very pleased with Amazon. Item was shipped very quickly and I got it much faster than expected. I ordered Tuesday got it Thursday even with standard shipping! Watch was packed very well and even came in the original packing which does not always happen when buying online.

Now onto the watch.
The watch came in the new hexagonal black tin from G-Shock. The watch is not a dark black color. It is very matte in color and almost a really dark grey which I really like. The texture of the watch band is great. Hard to explain exactly, its a mixture of plastic and rubber. The watch feels great on the wrist, not too heavy at all. The display is very bright and crisp. The pictures don't do justice, you really have to see it in person. One big thing I noticed is the four red sensor dots on the left of the watch are not as big as they look in pictures. They are actually pretty small. I had thought they were buttons at first but they are actually the sensor for the barometric pressure

Overall Extremely happy with this purchase.
on February 18, 2013
Watch is everything advertised and more. No secret the G-shock is large, but that is what I was looking for and it is easy to read. After wearing a solid stainless steel watch for many years, this watch is surprisingly light and comfortable. The light is also very good. I have to read a watch in the dark in a helicopter and be able to keep track of seconds, and a traditional watch just was not cutting it any more. The sensors seem pretty accurate now that I have them set up and calibrated. Setting up the watch is easy and straight forward using the supplied information. Only took 10-15 minutes. The info is also available online, and that was easier to use for me. I think the models with the negative display and all black look a bit "cooler," but for functionality and ease of use this is much better for me. I also kind of like the look with the white screen and red highlights anyway, and I do not need anything "stealthy." I am more into visibility and functionality as a firefighter and flight paramedic. Great watch- I'm sure it will last forever and give me years of good, hard use.
on March 25, 2014
This is the second G-Shock I have owned. I bought my first one while I was in the Army about 14 years ago. I wear the watch 24-7. The watch survived 5 more years in the service, rock climbing, salt water diving, and getting drenched in sweat while road cycling. The watch also withstood all the beating around of daily activities, virtually never coming off except to occasionally clean it and twice to change the battery. It finally died recently and I replaced it with this model. All the functions are easy to use and the altimeter and barometer are rather accurate. I have yet to take it diving so I don't know if the altimeter works under water, but we'll see. The band is comfortable and the sensor on the left side of the watch is, surprisingly, comfortable as well. It doesn't dig in like I thought it might. I have and always will recommend the Casio G-Shock line because the will stand up to whatever you throw at them, or throw them at!
on January 5, 2014
I purchased this for a two week vacation in French Polynesia, and it was awesome. The altimeter is relatively accurate, and the thermometer is accurate as long as the watch isn't on your wrist (as it picks up your body heat). No issues with water, mud, dirt, sand, etc. I will say that the crystal has some water spots on it that I haven't been able to clean off, but otherwise no issues. This watch is also made in Japan, not China.

Only thing it is missing is a compass, but that is solved now by the release of the Rangeman.
on September 14, 2014
Just as expected. I bought a Casio Altimeter/Barometer/Temp watch back in about 1995. It cost a lot more and a couple years ago, the barometer and altimeter stopped working. It took me a while to find the right replacement but this is it. I notice many reviewers complain about the altimeter accuracy. Since it depends on air pressure, the altimeter needs to be recalibrated whenever the barometric pressure changes. Nothing can be done about that. So you just need to know elevations of places in areas you live and visit so you can check calibration and recalibrate as needed.
on February 12, 2013
I've owned several g-shocks. I bought the GDF100-1A because other reviews praised it's slightly bigger display and better backlight. They were right, this watch delivers. I've noticed that I can see the display better at just about any angle. I also love how bright the backlight is on this watch. The watch is comfortable to wear everyday and it sits on top of the wrist without being obtrusive. I like big watches but this watch does not wear big. The sensors are OK. Many reviewers have complained that the temperature sensor is not correct when wearing the watch. This is true but a true temp reading would only come with the watch sitting in the environment and OFF the wrist. Overall, I highly recommend this watch.
on January 15, 2014
I'm very hard on watches. I've managed to break off just about any bits that stick out from the case on far too many. My wife finally put her foot down, forbidding me from buying any more. But I find that I'm a watch person and staring at a blank wrist for the time just isn't very satisfying. So, I checked out the armored models from Casio. Because I've also drowned my watches a high degree of waterproofness was necessary. 200 meters seemed just about right. We are ATVers and I like to know the altitudes where we ride, and finally, it's helpful to know the temperature when trying to figure out why our hands are freezing. Voila! the G-Shock GDF100-1A covers all those bases ... and best of all, I haven't broken it ... yet.
on November 1, 2012
As expected, this G-Shock was a solid buy especially for the price. The design goes great with many types of casual outfits and the temperature/altitude sensors make this watch even more awesome. My watches tend to get banged up a lot and so far, this G-Shock has been serving me really well. All functions of the watch are very user-friendly and the controls are quite intuitive. The "world time" function lets you change which part of the world you're in and the watch matches the time automatically, which is fantastic for frequent travelers. I have no complaints about the watch yet; the weight is just right for me hand and I am comfortable wearing the watch all day long. I highly recommend this version of the G-Shock if you've been wanting a G-Shock, or even if you're just looking for a nice everyday watch.
on July 21, 2015
Had this watch quite a while now and love it. It definitely has a look of its own. But the altimeter function is great. Recently took it on a trip to the mountains and it was awesome to know how high we were in the mountains while exploring.
on September 25, 2013
Since it uses barometric pressure, it is not accurate as an altimeter. Use this feature to get an "idea" of how high you are and calibrate it with a GPS before each trip.

The barometer is the best feature on a backpack trip to high country. It accurately predicted a storm front several hours prior to the clouds rolling in.