Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 492 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 513 reviews
on February 3, 2016
First I have to say that I like Casio watches and I have owned several of them. This watch in particular has a nice look to it and I really like the features; rechargeable battery, stopwatch, timer etc. I like the fact that the watch face is reversed, the lettering is light colored while the background is black. I believe this is called a negative, much like an x-ray reads. I will agree with other reviewers and say that in certain low light conditions, or if there is a strong glare while looking at the watch face, the display is difficult to read. It doesn't bother me all that much, in low light conditions I am used to using the blue back lighting feature having owned Casio's in the past. Overall, I am pleased with the functionality of the watch and love the look of the negative display.
on September 17, 2016
This is my first g-shock watch. I'm surprised at the quality of it. It's a little bigger than I thought, but it's not too large for my wrist. It's made of a resin material which is somewhat soft and super light weight. I read reviews complaining about not being easy to read and the auto illuminate function not being as expected. First, I can say that the watch is easy to read in any light. The letters and numbers stand-out quite a bit against the dark face. Second, I agree with the auto illuminate function being a little off at times. Depending on how you are seated it might take more wrist motion to engage the light. It's not a big deal though, I've gotten used to it and I've only worn the watch for 3 days thus far. I would definitely recommend buying this watch. It's high quality and really nice!
on March 21, 2017
After having to return 3 previous Casios due to non-functioning features, I finally got a fully functional watch!!! I plan to use this for international travel. It has just the features I was looking for - atomic adjusting, solar powered, multiple world time settings, and multiple alarms. Many reviews say it's difficult to read the numerals on the black watch face, but that for me is a plus as it doesn't stand out or attract unwanted attention. The features are easy to setup and change. But this watch is not for those who need extras like compass, altimeter, syncing with a smart phone. It's simply a very good basic G-Shock watch.
on April 4, 2017
This is a great watch. I'm very pleased with it.

My first impression was that it was a little bit hard to read the display because a glare on the watch face can make it unreadable. After having the watch for over a month, I have no difficulty reading it; maybe I just got used to which way to look at it so I can read it? Regardless, I can always tell what the time is, as well as the date, and I can get UTC with one button push (for aviation purposes). The watch is great because it corrects for daylight savings, updates every night, and charges itself by the sun. I really don't spend much time outside, but I have never seen the charge indicator less than max. I can always see on the face that it updated overnight. If it didn't update to the atomic time on the current date, the RCVD will disappear but you can go and see when the last time it actually received. I have had this happen occasionally when I am in a building overnight which blocks the signal. I always sleep with it on, even though it says to place it by the window overnight for signal reception. In my house this is not necessary.

The backlight at night works really well and the button is easy to find.

Overall, I have no complaints and would recommend this watch to anyone. My last 2 or 3 watches have always died sometime around or after battery changes, so this is why I wanted to get a solar. You can't find a watch that does everything this watch does for remotely close to the price, so CASIO has done a good job making this excellent and affordable.
on September 11, 2016
I bought this because it was solar and didnt want to have to be changing batteries. I leave it in the window to charge and it dies after two days. Being a police officer i need a reliabel watch and after only a couple weeks of use it keeps dying.
on October 23, 2016
I did quite a bit of research on which watch to get and I wanted something rugged and reliable so I went with this one. I read quite a bit of reviews about the face being difficult to read. So I was hesitant but ordered it anyways knowing I could return it if I didn't like it. First, it is difficult to read under two circumstances: 1. If it's pitch dark (that's why there is a light) and 2. If you have your wrist angled away from your face and you're trying to read your watch that way. Basically, if you read your watch like a normal person, the screen is not difficult to see at all!

I am very pleased with this watch and I would definitely recommend! I love how it is solar powered and how the watch receives time using the fm radio waves.
on April 22, 2017
Quality is great for the price paid. Watch arrived fully charged, was easy to set-up and is the perfect size, not too large or too small. I will be using this watch for casual and sporting activities--golfing, fishing, and swimming. The "jet black" color looks great. I like the automatic time setting, never need to worry about the watch being too fast or slow. I took one star off, as the LED lighting is dim and at times difficult to see. Yes, there is a button to illuminate the time for 1.5 to 3 seconds; however, you really should not have to do this on a watch unless it is extremely dark. This watch replaced an Invicta Diver's watch that I had for a long time.
on April 25, 2017
Great durable back-country watch (I don't wear watches in civilization). Menus are pretty easy to navigate once you play around with it, and it looks in proportion to my slender wrists. My only beef is that the display is actually pretty dim in the daylight, even with the glow function activated.
on February 5, 2017
I thought the display was tough to read. I had it for a couple of hours of indoor usage, and it was a chore to read for me. It was only clear in absolute direct light or when the backlight was on, and the backlight was outstanding. I can't speak to how it was in daylight since I only tried it at night before deciding to return it. The indoor usage was all the test I needed since that would be the most common environment for me to use the watch. I returned it and have ordered a positive display G shock to replace it.

All that said, it seemed like a great watch. I loved the look and feel of it. Also, to be fair, I could make out the time in most lighting, just not easily. It's a fantastic watch, just not for me. From reading around the internet, apparently negative display usability varies greatly by person and by model. From this experience, count me in the group that doesn't like it.

I'd advise to get a look at it in the lighting you'll usually be using it in before buying if you can. The promotional pictures online are generally in optimum light, as are most in-store display cases. To be fair, though, the watch looked even better in person than the picture here on Amazon, too. Wow, did it look (and feel) great. Even though the negative display was deal breaker for me, I can't deny it was a great watch, so I can't in fairness rate this lower than 3 stars.
on November 27, 2014
I like this watch, negative face and all. I have read some complaints about not being able to see the time from certain angles and it's true. With that being said it really isn't as bad as some people are exaggerating it to be. Sometime with regular watches (without the negative face) at certain angles you're unable to see the time. It's normal, the negative face doesn't make a difference. I operate a train and sometime it gets dark in the cab and the back-light illuminates enough for me to see the time perfectly. I set up the automatic el light (just a turn of your wrist and the back-light turns on) it's a great little feature. Trust me, if your're thinking about getting this watch than do it. You'll be happy just like me because it gets the job done. If your looking for a solar powered atomic watch and not really worried about all the extra, extra's then this is the one to get.