Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on August 5, 2013
This watch was given to me as a gift to replace a Timex watch that had failed on me twice in less than a year. I have been interested in the G-Shock watches for a while but was hesitant to spend more than 20-40 dollars that I was used to. I know believe you get MUCH more watch for really not to much more money.

Upon receiving the watch I have been very pleased. The packaging was great, very secure in the box and in foam in the manufactures packaging on top of that. I was unsure about the atomic setting and solar battery. Out of the box the watch had "mid" charge and was within a second of my iPhone for timekeeping. I was surprised by this. After only a few days the watch had a "high" charge and has maintained that for several weeks. It is my understanding that the watch will operate for several months with NO light with this level of a charge.

The watch receives the atomic signal every night at midnight (and again at 1am -5am until the time is received for that day), updating the time to be extremely accurate. I had to find a good signal in my house with the "manual receive" function in order to find a location with a strong enough signal. The watch will tell you the date and time of the last signal received. If for some reason your area doesn't have a strong enough signal you can set manually.

As far a features go I was not looking for anything specific, just basic watch functions, however the countdown timer will not countdown from anything less than 1 minute, which could be an issue depending on your uses for this function. This is not a big enough deal for me to give the watch anything less than 5 stars.

This watch has power saving option. When turned on the watch will go into a "sleep" mode, after about an hour of no light, were the screen goes blank until a button is pushed or the solar panels are exposed to light. I mention this because when I opened the watch from the packaging it had entered this sleep mode and I was initially concerned it had a problem until I read about it in the owner's manual.

Lastly I wanted to let readers know that the watch is a good size for the average sized male, I am 5'10" about 160 lb. and wear a medium everything. The watch is a good size not huge, but big enough you don't feel like your wearing something for a teenage girl.

I would highly recommend this watch to anyone looking for quality and accuracy in a watch.
on April 20, 2013
I spend over half of the year camping and needed a watch that could hold up in rough environments. I wanted a watch that kept accurate time without "winding" or frequent battery replacement. I also wanted certain basic functions like an alarm, stopwatch and countdown timer.
After considerable research, I decided to buy this Casio model. After a week, I could not be happier. Right out of the box, this timepiece was fully charged and accurate to within a few seconds of the "Atomic Clock". Instruction booklet looked formidable, but I was quickly able to establish the basic settings and run through all of the "functions". After a little practice, the button functions seemed pretty "intuitive". I was able to "synch" with the Atomic Clock signal without any problem.
Although this a good looking timepiece, it is big...and thick...but not at all uncomfortable.
Overall...an excellent timepiece that performs as well or better than advertised.
on February 10, 2016
I have a very small wrist -> my dad measured my wrist at 6.5 inches around. The watch fits great, I wear the watch with the silver lock thing on the 5th to last hole on the watch band. Atomic time keeping works great. Its battery is solar charged. The manual states it will last 9 months before completely dying. Just sit the watch on your window sill on a sunny day and it will charge in maybe 3 or 4 hours. Great quality for only about 85 dollars.
on August 16, 2015
I bought this watch for adventure vacations. It supports two time zones, including the oddball ones, like Newfoundland and India. It is solar powered, so I don't think I need to worry about the battery for years to come. Right after I bought the watch, I went on a scuba vacation. When I got to my destination, I realized I forgot to pack my scuba watch. Since this watch is rated for 20 atmospheres, I figured, what the heck? I will use it for a dive watch. If it works, I can save the inflated destination price of a real dive watch.

The owner's manual clearly states that this watch should not be used for scuba or any other water sport involving the use of air in tanks. I do not recommend using it in this manner, as it voids the warranty. The manual also recommends that the user not push buttons while under water. This recommendation I followed, starting the timer right before entering the water, and stopping the timer after coming to the surface. For me, this watch was adequate as a dive watch in open water. The case got a lot of abuse from banging against equipment and rocks, and still looks new.

I would give this watch 5 stars, except I find myself have to really work at the buttons to use some of the functions. Overall, though, if you are looking for a tough watch that delivers good value, this watch would be hard to beat.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Nice watch perfect size it has everythin you need on a watch.and Solar ,Tough good looking and it's a GShock.Update September 21st 2016. Still a great looking Watch. I bought this watch in may of 2015.I where it most every day, very durable. I was watching the movie Safe House today and noticed the actor Ryan Reynolds was wearing one great watch.Buy it you won't be sorry best Watch for Under $100.00 dollars.
review image
on August 25, 2017
Super fast shipping. Watch as described - but even better! Easy instructions. I just got a job as an airport ramp agent and need exact time with military time display. Shows everything I need at a glance. This is an awesome watch for the price! Checked it with the atomic time and it was exact to the second. Need a quality time piece at a great price - buy this!
on November 19, 2015
I ordered this watch as a gift for my son and he was extremely pleased. He collects watches so it is hard to find one that
will excite him. He was excited with this watch because of all its features. I read many reviews and ratings before making this choice.
A good sturdy choice without attention-grabbing extras.
on May 23, 2010
After 7 years of NOT wearing a watch I decided it's time to purchase a new one. As a tech guy I wanted a technology enabled watch so I chose this watch. The solar powered batteries and automatic atomic time settings sold me. And the decision was capped of by the fact that casio G-Shock watches are in style(at least in my hood).

I've had the watch for a 4 weeks now and I can tell you I really like the watch. It's feels light on the wrist and is durable. I've already accidentally banged it on walls, desks, and chairs and haven't bothered checking the condition of my watch because I know there won't be a scratch.

I love not having to spend an extra 1.25 seconds translating "hand time." The time and date are clear and easy to see in the daylight. The backlight display button is a nice touch also.

I'm a short guy 5'4 and 165 lbs so I don't have huge wrists but the watch doesn't swallow my wrist. The black color is great because it matches everything.

When I first got the watch the automatic time sync didn't work for the first 3 days. While disappointed it wasn't a deal breaker because you can manually set the time. But after a few days the feature worked. I'm no sure what the problem was because I followed all the instructions. I would say the automatic sync feature works 19 out of the 20 days.

Although the auto time sync isn't perfect I'm happy with the watch.
on October 26, 2012
The Casio Men's GW6900-1 G-Shock Digital Sport Watch has far exceeded my expectations. I purchased the watch to wear on vacation in Vegas. Set up of the watch was easy. You will need a magnifying glass to read the directions, or just look them up on line. The watch is quite versatile as an alarm, timer and easily changes time zones. This watch has more features than I will ever use. It hasn't lost any time in over three months and all functions have worked flawlessly. The watch fits perfect on my average sized wrist. It is light weight and is comfortable to wear. I especially like the auto light on feature at night when I turn my wrist to see what time it is. This is a smart looking and high performing timepiece. While I purchased this watch to wear while on vacation, because I didn't want to subject my more expensive watches to the swimming pool and other outdoor activities, I have found myself wearing this watch 90% of the time. It looks good both with business attire or jeans. I am very pleased with my purchase and would immediately buy a new one if this watch were ever lost or stolen. This is a quality timepiece at a very reasonable price.
on September 27, 2014
a nice addition to my g-shock collection. i love how casio updated this model with multi band 6, atomic solar. this is my favorite feature of all g-shock watches. the face of this watch has a real clean design. the dial is very easy to read in the day & night. the only thing i'm not a fan of is how the band fits on my wrist. its very similar to my gwx-8900d, the band design contours very poorly on my wrist. i have a 7inch wrist but with this watch i need to wear this loose like a bracelet for it to look good. wearing this snug looks stupid. this gw6900 & gwx-8900d are the only g-shock watches in my collection that fit odd like this. if casio made a better band for this g-shock i definitely would have gave it 5 stars.