Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 587 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 651 reviews
on October 11, 2014
I will begin by telling you what I like in a watch. Atomic time, Second counting Eye or some other way to show the seconds ticking other then the normal way you see the numbers increase, Auto EL, NOT a thick or too big of a watch, Dual Time and the display of the time can't be too small. These are the things that I look for in a watch.

The watch was not on High charge when I got it. I left it out every now and then for about an hour or two for a few days and it went to High. IT WILL GO TO HIGH. It never left High since. Just don't think about it and just ware it.

The "RCVD" could be a lot bigger to read but it is not a game changer for me since it receives the signal every night on my wrist. I live on Long Island NY. I keep it on my wrist for two reasons. I have trouble sleeping at night (drinking too much water at night) and when the watch receives the signal than I know that I was sleeping well and wasn't moving my wrist around. The second reason is I love radios and it's great knowing that I can DX while I'm sleeping. Also, makes me feel closer to a relative who lives in Colorado.

Dual Time displays on the same screen.

I hope this helps some of you out there that are thinking about this watch. Price and shipping was great also.
Thanks.
on April 22, 2017
I've had this watch for almost a month now. The convenience of the solar power coupled with radio controlled time keeping makes it virtually worry free.

Looks - I'm over six feet tall, but not very large for my height. This watch fits fine and has a subtle and understated look. I teach high school students, who notice most things, and maybe one student has commented on the new watch. It works with anything I wear for work typically, although I plan to wear a stainless watch when I have to dress up in a suit. Not flashy, but certainly not ugly.

Features - for the price, features are excellent and reasonably simple to use. Multiple alarms, including one "snoozable" alarm, radio time keeping which is updated nightly, solar charged battery, stopwatch precise to hundredths, countdown time, secondary time zone, for when traveling. It's also got a day of the week and month/date display as well. 200 m water resistance, shock resistance, and a backlight display round out the watch's main features.

Experience - extremely positive! The watch has updated the time every night through the radio. It keeps a record of when it was last updated so you can check. The dollar battery indicator was on "mid" when I received it, and stayed that way for a couple of weeks. After a day of yard work and watching a soccer game in the sun it moved to high level charge, where it's been ever since.

Summary - excellent, worry free watch. Keeps accurate time, date, and month with a few other features. Would purchase again and recommend to a friend.
on April 29, 2015
After having journeyed into the realm of many expensive watch brands, I came back to Casio for a watch that I could wear and beat up. Prior to this I had a Timex Ironman Shock Solar but it ended up not working right. After sending it back for repair the first time it came back and then broke again, I gave up on Timex and sold it.

After using the Casio for a month or two now, I can honestly say that I like this watch better than anything else I own. I wear this more than my Suunto, Rolex, Tag or anything else because of it's durability and ease of use. The watch is also accurate. It syncs up to the Naval clock every evening and I never have to set it.

With the press of a button I can also see the time in Asia and with another button press I can see Europe. I do business on three continents so this feature helps me coordinate calls with my colleagues over seas.

The watch is light and water resistant to 200 meters, so you could scuba dive with it if you wanted. It has a stainless steel back that is stamped Made in Thailand, along with some other information about the watch (water resistance, model, etc).

My main problem with most G-Shocks is that they look like you are going to invade a country as the size is extremely large (think a rubberized Panerai). I have smaller wrists at 7 inches and the watch looks great as it is about 1 and 7/8 inch at it's widest point.

The backlight is super effective at lighting up all the registers and letting you glance at the time. It can be accessed by pressing the big black "G" button on the front of the watch.

With the watch being solar I am not anticipating any problems with battery life. It has remained on full since I had it.

I run and lift with it on about everyday now and it has been to the pool a number of times without any issue. It still looks new.

Buttons are easy for my larger fingers to press and setting the time is a breeze versus my chronometer watches (my Aquaracer is next to impossible for me to wind as the crown hurts my fingers).

There are multiple functions to the watch including world time, multiple alarms, countdown timer, and stopwatch. The display shows the day, month, date, and time.

The band looks like it could easily be changed as there are four screws that hold it on, so I imagine if you wanted to put a NATO strap or something else on, it wouldn't be a problem.

To summarize, this is the best watch I now own and I would say it is my favorite. I have even thought about selling my others, as I am just not wearing them anymore. I am not sure I would pull this off with a suit though. Although, it really doesn't matter what others think, I believe you can pull off anything if you have the confidence to back it up.
on April 11, 2016
working great for 3 months now. battery charge level has been at high consistently since about 6 weeks after I started wearing daily. only sun light it's getting is when I drive and about 15-20 of walking outside each day. i do turn off functions that I don't need that saves me some power, such as the sound, daily time sync, and auto light function.
on January 18, 2016
I've not worn a watch for many years. My wife decided she was not happy that each time I needed to check the time, I pulled my phone out. She got this for me for Christmas. I love it. Keeps accurate time, easy to operate, and nice looking. Rugged as well. The reason I stopped wearing watches was because I consistently broke them. I'm a bit hard on watches for sure. So far it has withstood my abuse.
on March 5, 2017
The pictures don't do this watch justice. In person this watch looks fantastic, it's styling grows on you everytime you look at it!

The functions and features are basically standard for every mid priced solar/multi band 6 G-Shock.

This is another classic Casio that's been around forever, it's just a good looking watch that can get abused and still function. Overall if you like G-Shocks and want a lower priced yet solid watch, consider this watch or any of Casio's other lower cost G-Shocks. They're all just as durable and built with topnotch materials.
on April 24, 2017
This watch is SOLAR. This watch updates the time via a RADIO SIGNAL to an ATOMIC CLOCK. This watch is a G-SHOCK.

This makes for a super-convenient, bombproof watch. I have a charge 2 and countless other watches, but I find myself reaching for this as I run out the door - I never have to worry about battery or about having the incorrect time/date. Casio could sell this for twice the current price and it would still be a good value, in my opinion. It looks nice on the wrist, too.
on July 20, 2015
I don't like how the third eye is pretty much pointless/useless. It's nice that the left two eyes have some use now (compared to DW6900). Like many say, the display is nice and crisp, maybe even more so than the GWM5610 (although the 5610 has slightly larger font). I like that the days of the week are spelled in three large capital letters, instead of two small print lower case (on the GWM5610). Because of the dedicated light button (lower G), the upper right button will actually toggle in timekeeping mode between the current day-date and world time (the GWM5610 can't do this, in fact, to access world time on the 5610, you have to press the mode button too many several times).

This may not seem like a big deal, but the buttons are a lot easier to push than the GWM5610. The GW6900 displays current time in the alarm mode only, which is the only mode it makes sense to me to have the current time handy right away. Most importantly, the GW6900 doesn't have a defective tilt sensor like the three GWM 5610's I have ordered and returned through amazon - Press the 2,8 and 10 oclock button to engage the TLT (tilt) sensor test mode. Regardless of ambient light, you should see 88:88 with a slight tilt. Some say "Oh I don't use auto EL so that doesn't matter", but actually it does in another way - you are supposed to be able to pick up and look at the watch and it should wake out of power saving mode automatically because the tilt sensor gets tripped - a defective gwm5610 won't be able to do this.

I actually prefer the case shape and size of the GWM5610, but there are too many defective units out there, so I went with GW6900 as my main driver.
on May 30, 2017
Quite disappointing for my initial experience. As far as I'm concern, this is a near identical to model DW9052-1V with the difference being Multi-Band 6 and solar power. These are the exact feature that I bought this watch for but the Multi-Band 6 did not work. However, I am giving it a second chance and getting an exchange. The three star giving here is on good faith that it would be good product a side from the oversight on quality assurance. Also due to my experience with DW9052-1V: serve me well for 5 yrs still running but the watch face became brittle and broke off. In short, buy DW9052-1V (+/- 2 minutes/month) if you don't care for the precision and it cost about half less. Regarding the Multi-Band 6 feature, you can safely assume that it work if this review has no further development after I received my exchange.
on April 10, 2016
My first G-Shock. So far I love the watch. I wanted something simple that was well built and this fit the bill perfect. The watch feels solid and has held up to some bumps and bruises. I have an average size wrist and the watch is not too large, as I was first concerned. I also love the solar feature of the G-Shock. The battery has not moved from high charge. I wear the watch daily and spend most my time indoors. So far very impressed with the watch and would recommend to anyone looking for a nice basic watch that is not too large and can stand up to daily use and abuse.