Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Noah Gundersen PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 594 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 658 reviews
on October 11, 2014
I will begin by telling you what I like in a watch. Atomic time, Second counting Eye or some other way to show the seconds ticking other then the normal way you see the numbers increase, Auto EL, NOT a thick or too big of a watch, Dual Time and the display of the time can't be too small. These are the things that I look for in a watch.

The watch was not on High charge when I got it. I left it out every now and then for about an hour or two for a few days and it went to High. IT WILL GO TO HIGH. It never left High since. Just don't think about it and just ware it.

The "RCVD" could be a lot bigger to read but it is not a game changer for me since it receives the signal every night on my wrist. I live on Long Island NY. I keep it on my wrist for two reasons. I have trouble sleeping at night (drinking too much water at night) and when the watch receives the signal than I know that I was sleeping well and wasn't moving my wrist around. The second reason is I love radios and it's great knowing that I can DX while I'm sleeping. Also, makes me feel closer to a relative who lives in Colorado.

Dual Time displays on the same screen.

I hope this helps some of you out there that are thinking about this watch. Price and shipping was great also.
Thanks.
on April 29, 2015
After having journeyed into the realm of many expensive watch brands, I came back to Casio for a watch that I could wear and beat up. Prior to this I had a Timex Ironman Shock Solar but it ended up not working right. After sending it back for repair the first time it came back and then broke again, I gave up on Timex and sold it.

After using the Casio for a month or two now, I can honestly say that I like this watch better than anything else I own. I wear this more than my Suunto, Rolex, Tag or anything else because of it's durability and ease of use. The watch is also accurate. It syncs up to the Naval clock every evening and I never have to set it.

With the press of a button I can also see the time in Asia and with another button press I can see Europe. I do business on three continents so this feature helps me coordinate calls with my colleagues over seas.

The watch is light and water resistant to 200 meters, so you could scuba dive with it if you wanted. It has a stainless steel back that is stamped Made in Thailand, along with some other information about the watch (water resistance, model, etc).

My main problem with most G-Shocks is that they look like you are going to invade a country as the size is extremely large (think a rubberized Panerai). I have smaller wrists at 7 inches and the watch looks great as it is about 1 and 7/8 inch at it's widest point.

The backlight is super effective at lighting up all the registers and letting you glance at the time. It can be accessed by pressing the big black "G" button on the front of the watch.

With the watch being solar I am not anticipating any problems with battery life. It has remained on full since I had it.

I run and lift with it on about everyday now and it has been to the pool a number of times without any issue. It still looks new.

Buttons are easy for my larger fingers to press and setting the time is a breeze versus my chronometer watches (my Aquaracer is next to impossible for me to wind as the crown hurts my fingers).

There are multiple functions to the watch including world time, multiple alarms, countdown timer, and stopwatch. The display shows the day, month, date, and time.

The band looks like it could easily be changed as there are four screws that hold it on, so I imagine if you wanted to put a NATO strap or something else on, it wouldn't be a problem.

To summarize, this is the best watch I now own and I would say it is my favorite. I have even thought about selling my others, as I am just not wearing them anymore. I am not sure I would pull this off with a suit though. Although, it really doesn't matter what others think, I believe you can pull off anything if you have the confidence to back it up.
on April 11, 2016
working great for 3 months now. battery charge level has been at high consistently since about 6 weeks after I started wearing daily. only sun light it's getting is when I drive and about 15-20 of walking outside each day. i do turn off functions that I don't need that saves me some power, such as the sound, daily time sync, and auto light function.
on January 18, 2016
I've not worn a watch for many years. My wife decided she was not happy that each time I needed to check the time, I pulled my phone out. She got this for me for Christmas. I love it. Keeps accurate time, easy to operate, and nice looking. Rugged as well. The reason I stopped wearing watches was because I consistently broke them. I'm a bit hard on watches for sure. So far it has withstood my abuse.
on March 5, 2017
The pictures don't do this watch justice. In person this watch looks fantastic, it's styling grows on you everytime you look at it!

The functions and features are basically standard for every mid priced solar/multi band 6 G-Shock.

This is another classic Casio that's been around forever, it's just a good looking watch that can get abused and still function. Overall if you like G-Shocks and want a lower priced yet solid watch, consider this watch or any of Casio's other lower cost G-Shocks. They're all just as durable and built with topnotch materials.
on July 20, 2015
I don't like how the third eye is pretty much pointless/useless. It's nice that the left two eyes have some use now (compared to DW6900). Like many say, the display is nice and crisp, maybe even more so than the GWM5610 (although the 5610 has slightly larger font). I like that the days of the week are spelled in three large capital letters, instead of two small print lower case (on the GWM5610). Because of the dedicated light button (lower G), the upper right button will actually toggle in timekeeping mode between the current day-date and world time (the GWM5610 can't do this, in fact, to access world time on the 5610, you have to press the mode button too many several times).

This may not seem like a big deal, but the buttons are a lot easier to push than the GWM5610. The GW6900 displays current time in the alarm mode only, which is the only mode it makes sense to me to have the current time handy right away. Most importantly, the GW6900 doesn't have a defective tilt sensor like the three GWM 5610's I have ordered and returned through amazon - Press the 2,8 and 10 oclock button to engage the TLT (tilt) sensor test mode. Regardless of ambient light, you should see 88:88 with a slight tilt. Some say "Oh I don't use auto EL so that doesn't matter", but actually it does in another way - you are supposed to be able to pick up and look at the watch and it should wake out of power saving mode automatically because the tilt sensor gets tripped - a defective gwm5610 won't be able to do this.

I actually prefer the case shape and size of the GWM5610, but there are too many defective units out there, so I went with GW6900 as my main driver.
on May 30, 2017
Quite disappointing for my initial experience. As far as I'm concern, this is a near identical to model DW9052-1V with the difference being Multi-Band 6 and solar power. These are the exact feature that I bought this watch for but the Multi-Band 6 did not work. However, I am giving it a second chance and getting an exchange. The three star giving here is on good faith that it would be good product a side from the oversight on quality assurance. Also due to my experience with DW9052-1V: serve me well for 5 yrs still running but the watch face became brittle and broke off. In short, buy DW9052-1V (+/- 2 minutes/month) if you don't care for the precision and it cost about half less. Regarding the Multi-Band 6 feature, you can safely assume that it work if this review has no further development after I received my exchange.
on April 10, 2016
My first G-Shock. So far I love the watch. I wanted something simple that was well built and this fit the bill perfect. The watch feels solid and has held up to some bumps and bruises. I have an average size wrist and the watch is not too large, as I was first concerned. I also love the solar feature of the G-Shock. The battery has not moved from high charge. I wear the watch daily and spend most my time indoors. So far very impressed with the watch and would recommend to anyone looking for a nice basic watch that is not too large and can stand up to daily use and abuse.
on May 29, 2015
I got this recently and I love it! I can't say too much about reliability since I got it a week ago but people seem to say the watch holds up nice.

Pros:
-The watch is the classic/original gshock with a little bit of variation.
-solar function works perfectly. I also got this so that the watch would last longer. Regular gshocks promise about a 2 year life battery but when you change it, the water resist feature no longer holds up or so a lot of reviews say. So this ensures a longer lifespan without having to open and ruin the watch
-atomic function works well. It took some time to get it right because of reception issues but it finally works and its great! It calibrates your watch to the atomic clock of a few countries.
-has all the basic gshock functions: timer, stopwatch, illumination and alarm. This watch also features different time zones.
-I'm not sure the GW6900 is NASA certified but the DW6900 is which is essentially the same model. So it helps the coolness factor
-its different from the DW6900 model in that for the GW, there are 3 letters for the day instead of 2 (example FRI instead of FR)
- bolder digits than the DW6900
-illumination function works great! You have the option of having it turn on automatically when you look at it while its on your wrist. Also, you can have it last for 1.5 seconds or 3.
-option of a power saving function, which turns off automatically when the watch is off and in the dark and not in use.
-feels very light and reliable. The band is replaceable.
-it's shock and water resistant, which is a given(according to manual, you can wash your hands with this model, go under rain, swim or surf) make sure not to press the buttons while under water!
-it's around $70, which is the lowest price among the solar gshock watches. The price is similar to the mudman but you get the solar function! It's a steel!
-buttons are easy to press unlike other gshocks, and they are situated in a way that helps avoid accidental pressing
-display is not negative so you can actually see the time without having to use the light constantly.
-easy to read
-thickness and size is about the same as a military wenger or a fossil townsman
-it looks cool and tough
-perfect for the gym, for athletes or for people who need fast readability
-great for everyday use if you know you're gonna bang the watch against something.
-the watch looks way nicer in person with its black finish and silver and white accents. I like that there isn't any red.
-for those concerned about the machismo factor... well it certainly won't repel women.

Overall this is a great watch. I've been needing something like this for everyday use. It's casual, not too flashy, easy to use and simple. I would say don't use this as a dress watch. I just go back to my swiss analog leather watch for formal occasions. The GW6900 looks like it'll hold up nice and so far I love it and would recommend it!

As a side note, I'd probably go for a timex ironman next time, maybe the shock models just because the digits are much larger and readable. This isn't really a con for the gshock unless they're compared or you have poor eyesight. But I'm happy I went with the gshock for now.

One thing Im not too keen on are the three dials on the display. I know they each have a function, but they're not necessary. Casio could have used the space in a more wise manner and made the digits larger. This isn't a deal breaker but it would have made this watch perfect.

For those who want to know what the dials are for:
The left one is to tell you the battery power level and if the power save function is on/off
The middle is to tell you if the key tone, alarm, etc is on/off
The right dial tells you the seconds in a 10 sec interval

The manual for this watch is nuts in that its so detailed that there's 80pgs worth of info. But it helps.
on December 29, 2015
This thing has been shark diving, trekking through SE Asia, exposed to the heat of the Mojave and the cold of the Sierra Nevadas, banged it all up to hell and its held up perfectly. I swapped out the wristband for a maratac zulu 3 ring with adapters and its bulletproof.