Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on July 20, 2015
I don't like how the third eye is pretty much pointless/useless. It's nice that the left two eyes have some use now (compared to DW6900). Like many say, the display is nice and crisp, maybe even more so than the GWM5610 (although the 5610 has slightly larger font). I like that the days of the week are spelled in three large capital letters, instead of two small print lower case (on the GWM5610). Because of the dedicated light button (lower G), the upper right button will actually toggle in timekeeping mode between the current day-date and world time (the GWM5610 can't do this, in fact, to access world time on the 5610, you have to press the mode button too many several times).

This may not seem like a big deal, but the buttons are a lot easier to push than the GWM5610. The GW6900 displays current time in the alarm mode only, which is the only mode it makes sense to me to have the current time handy right away. Most importantly, the GW6900 doesn't have a defective tilt sensor like the three GWM 5610's I have ordered and returned through amazon - Press the 2,8 and 10 oclock button to engage the TLT (tilt) sensor test mode. Regardless of ambient light, you should see 88:88 with a slight tilt. Some say "Oh I don't use auto EL so that doesn't matter", but actually it does in another way - you are supposed to be able to pick up and look at the watch and it should wake out of power saving mode automatically because the tilt sensor gets tripped - a defective gwm5610 won't be able to do this.

I actually prefer the case shape and size of the GWM5610, but there are too many defective units out there, so I went with GW6900 as my main driver.
on October 11, 2014
I will begin by telling you what I like in a watch. Atomic time, Second counting Eye or some other way to show the seconds ticking other then the normal way you see the numbers increase, Auto EL, NOT a thick or too big of a watch, Dual Time and the display of the time can't be too small. These are the things that I look for in a watch.

The watch was not on High charge when I got it. I left it out every now and then for about an hour or two for a few days and it went to High. IT WILL GO TO HIGH. It never left High since. Just don't think about it and just ware it.

The "RCVD" could be a lot bigger to read but it is not a game changer for me since it receives the signal every night on my wrist. I live on Long Island NY. I keep it on my wrist for two reasons. I have trouble sleeping at night (drinking too much water at night) and when the watch receives the signal than I know that I was sleeping well and wasn't moving my wrist around. The second reason is I love radios and it's great knowing that I can DX while I'm sleeping. Also, makes me feel closer to a relative who lives in Colorado.

Dual Time displays on the same screen.

I hope this helps some of you out there that are thinking about this watch. Price and shipping was great also.
Thanks.
on May 18, 2016
This is a great G-Shock watch for those who are in the market for a complete solar power watch with a few nifty features including atomic timekeeping (self detection), world time (31 zones), stopwatch, timer, alarm and LED display. These are all of the perfect features for one like myself, not too tech savy but enough to be in the digital age with some cool extras. I can't say I've found one issue that would lead me to rate this watch below 5 stars. At least not as of yet. This is a great watch for under eighty dollars and will last a long time.

* I also purchased a solar watch charger for my watch here on Amazon. It's called the CoolFire by Time Chant. It works great in conjunction with my watch and just about any other solar power watch.
on February 17, 2018
hey everyone. just checking in here. it's February of 2018. I purchased my watch in 2013! 5 years and still running as good as new. it has been a daily wear item and has held up to mountain bike crashes, swimming in the ocean and daily baths. I have never had an issue with it. it is beat up, scared and scratched. it's been my trustworthy adventure buddy for so long I had forgot when I purchased it. if I lost this watch, I would replace it with the same model without hesitation.
review image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 29, 2014
What can be said for the 6900 series, they are well proven on many wrists where time keeping is important if not critical. That can be said for nearly all the Casio's on the planet. When it comes to G-Shock, you know it is going to perform. If it doesn't you got a bum one and it is easily replaced for one that is.

Among my other atomic sync versions, this one pulls in the signal without fail. Doesn't need to be by a window either. Without the sync it holds time at +1's a week. By end of month it may be off 5 seconds but I haven't let it go that long. Strap is comfortable and the watch is light on the wrist. Good adjustability for a range of wrist sizes.

Pretty typical Casio fare among their watches. Would like to have this feature set from the factory offered band-bezel and LCD options. I don't mind keeping it stock because this is the beater for the lazy casual days. Maybe they'll do an X (larger) version of this next and a reverse LCD screen. :)
on September 19, 2017
Fantastic watch. Display is incredibly easy to read (not all digital G-shocks are). Super tough - mine has taken an incredible beating and has been flawless. Wear it everyday, and I have a very intense and demanding line of work. I kick the hell out of watches, and they break (not this one). Very light weight. Very comfortable. Great size; not too large and not too small. I make sure it gets plenty of light, and it has never left "high" charge. For the price, this is an unbeatable G-shock.
on November 8, 2017
Great working watch! I bought this over a year ago, and I'm very pleased with the quality of this watch. It has pretty much continuously received the atomic signal, and the battery's been on HIGH since a couple of days after I bought it. I have just one complaint: The mineral display somehow managed to get a couple of scratches on itself, which is surprising, considering how elevated this watches's sides are. Otherwise, the watch has retained the same functionality and quality since the day it was bought. (it also went down a couple of dollars in price.)
on March 13, 2014
I bought this watch to replace my old atomic/solar G-Shock after years of service. It is just what I expected. I had it check with the Ft. Collins radio to set itself upon arrival and every night since it has rechecked automatically as it is supposed to. The solar battery arrived charged--a pleasant surprise. A couple of days after I received it Daylight Savings Time started and it changed automatically, as it should have. My old G-Shock wasn't as sensitive to the Ft. Collins radio signal in the nether reaches of the country as it might have been. It was good where I live, but not so good in the Eastern States. I think this one, with the advantage of several years of technological advance, will be better. It only took a minute or so when I forced it to check the radio station when I received it. And, it arrived in a metal box and only a couple of minutes off time. That seems great to me. Another thing: It has a book of instructions in the box which is 88 pages of good English (and the same amount of Spanish and French, also) long! You will need your reading specs, but it's very complete! And no cost two-day shipping with Amazon Prime. I couldn't be happier.
on February 10, 2016
I have a very small wrist -> my dad measured my wrist at 6.5 inches around. The watch fits great, I wear the watch with the silver lock thing on the 5th to last hole on the watch band. Atomic time keeping works great. Its battery is solar charged. The manual states it will last 9 months before completely dying. Just sit the watch on your window sill on a sunny day and it will charge in maybe 3 or 4 hours. Great quality for only about 85 dollars.
on August 18, 2015
I left my old G-Shock at my other house so wanted a replacement - pronto! Amazon delivered - had it in 2 days. The atomic clock setting is a luxury that I did not have with my old watch - it kept great time, but this one is absolutely precise! Resets itself each night at 12:04 AM - just leave by a window to get the best reception. The solar feature is something that spoiled me on this G series so was a must have for the new watch. Its the diver version - good for up to 200 meters - far beyond the limits of recreational diving depths. However I'd want to get a longer band to fit over the wet suit if I were to use this one for my normal diving. But that other watch has the band I need for that purpose so now I have TWO great Casio watches!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.