Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning animespring animespring animespring  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 198 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 239 reviews
on October 14, 2013
So I bought this in January 2012. Since then it's been on hiking trips, kayaking, 1-3 days/week gym visits, and nursing school clinicals. So far it's survived them all, and withstood my running it under boiling hot water to reduce microbial load. Quite simply the best $150 I've ever spent, and now it's even cheaper. You'd be a fool to pass this up, as I write this review, the watch is $104, don't miss out! If you want a beast of a watch that will withstand what you can dish out, search no more.
on February 13, 2014
Ordered for my son's birthday. He opened it with great interest and the battery was completely down. Charged under fluorescent light for few hours. No change at all. Called Casio technical support and they asked us to keep it for more time. Kept the watch under fluorescent light for 20 more hours. Even the L line was not coming. Next day when he came from school, there were lot of sunshine. He stood in the cold weather for 30 mins. No change at all. I don't know why Casio is selling these poor quality watches for such a high price.

Completely Upset and returning.
on December 28, 2016
7 years later and the thing is perfect, minus the band breaking!
on January 2, 2013
So far, so good. Another excellent G-Shock watch from Casio. This is my 3rd G-Shock watch and I've used them since 1984.
on May 8, 2008
This is watch is virtually indestructable.

It is rather large and attractive but not gawdy. Unlike the picture from Amazon, the case does have a metal ring around it (see pictures that I uploaded).

The modes include world time, stopwatch, count down timer, and 5 daily alarms (one with a snooze feature, very nice!).

It is solar and has atomic time keeping feature.

The buttons are covered with a rubber lining to keep dirt from entering. This is very useful if you're in mud a lot but it also makes the buttons harder to push and the rubber can cause a callous on your finger.

Overall, this is a high quality watch that will take a beating. I love it.
review image review image review image
on August 16, 2008
I am a female student naval aviator for the Marine Corps and I wear this watch around the clock. Works well in salt water/oceanic environments as well as Chlorine. If residue builds up around the face, it is easy to clean and overall it requires very little maintenance. I don't find the watch to hinder any physical activities, including wrist and forearm weight-intensive or load-bearing exercises. Light weight fit and split time features are great for running, and band does not chafe the skin when sweating. Face illumination button is difficult to push, but the watch features allow for automatic illumination when arm is raised parallel to ground and rotated towards you (I find that raising the arm parallel and then twisting the watch towards myself with my free hand works best). It's no Breitling Emergency, but this watch works great for me.
on January 10, 2010
After extensive research, I bought this watch for my fiance for Christmas. He is in the Army (Infantry) and was deployed to Iraq for the second time this January. I wanted to get him something that would be useful, but would also stand up to the wear and tear of the Army and the Iraq desert! This watch met everything that I was looking for, and he LOVED it. He made tons of comments about how cool it was, but how it was so tough at the same time. His favorite feature is the Auto EL, which can be easily turned off and on, which is perfect for the military. The watch is on the larger side, and I was worried that it wouldn't fit well on his small wrist, but it looks great on him and he says it is very comfortable.
Several people have complained about the small raises "nubs" on the watch. They rubbed his wrist for a day or two, but nothing unbearable, and after he got it adjusted to where he likes it, he loves that it is slightly raised off his wrist. As for those who say that the buttons are two hard to push - that is one of the features that make this watch tough so it will last! It just takes a little extra effort, that's all, and if you don't like the buttons, then I don't really think that you have any need for a watch this tough.
I will edit the review after a few months of him being in the desert to report how it is holding up!
on October 15, 2009
I've gone back to digital after a using a stainless Luminox for the last 8 years-It's not keeping time well, the date doesn't work and I need band #3--so back to Casio where my first (and I think the original) G-Shock I used in college served me faithfully for many years.

I wanted a watch with lots of features, but I stopped to think how many times in my life I cared about the barometric pressure and the answer was "never". So, I looked to find a simple watch that wouldn't look too obnoxious in a business casual setting. I really like the model that was black metal, but was afraid the black would scuff off and look bad.

So far I'm very happy with this watch. I don't take it off at night and it still syncs every night (Cincinnati). The solar charging seems to work fine too, although I guess it still to early to tell.

I gave it four instead of 5 stars because (IMHO) the buttons are a little tough to operate. I think the 5 big circles are a waste of space, larger digits would be better with another screen to tell you what country you're in just in case you are so confused that you are unsure of what continent you're standing on.

6 Year Update, 9-6-2015
Well it took 6 years of abuse to show a flaw-- the face of the lower right hand button seems to have left. Looked down to stop the stopwatch and it was a hollow button now; I'm not sure if this effects the operation or water-proof properties, we'll see. I am just bummed, really like this watch! It does not look like they make it any longer. I think I might try the gw9400 or g9300-1 if this one stops working.
on March 9, 2009
I needed to replace an older G-Shock watch that was starting to pretty beat up, and would probably soon need a new battery. The Mudman fit the bill.

Pros:
- Nice design, and very attractive. My old G-Shock (DW9052-1V) had some bright red lettering on it. The Mudman is all black and gray, plastic and steel, and very low profile. The old G-Shock had four metal pins around the outside that had a bad habit of popping out (only two of mine are left). The Mudman lacks these, and is held together with screws. Nice design.
- The atomic watch feature works great. The first night I had the watch I followed the directions exactly, placing it against a window, with the "12-o'clock" position pointing upward. I've since found that leaving it face down on the counter in my windowless bathroom works just as well.

Con:
- The countdown timer can be set for a maximum of one hour. Really, Casio? You couldn't find an extra 5 bits of memory to extend that to 24 hours?
- I've owned Casio digital watches for nearly 30 years. They're rugged, accurate, and great quality. But they tend to make poor use of screen real estate. Here's what I want to see on the front of my watch: time, day of the month (numeral AND name) and month. The DW9052 managed to get all of these in, despite wasting screen space on a couple of superfluous seconds indicators. But on the Mudman, I have to press a button to see the name of the day. Casio could easily have done away with the enormous display at top that indicates whether my watch was synced to Japanese, UK, US, or German time. Chances are I'm going to know what country I'm in. A little dash in the corner, next to the indicator for the battery or alarm setting, showing me that the watch has been reset in the past 24 hours would be just fine, and all that screen real estate at top could be used to show me the day's name.

The pros far outweigh the cons (I'm subtracting only one star), though. The number of features for the price is absolutely excellent. Give me a $90 Casio over a thousands-of-dollars analog watch any day.
on August 12, 2008
It's a good watch and does everything Casio says it does. Solid and dependable. One defect: the alarm sound is so tiny as to be useless.