Lyft Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Noah Gundersen GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 301 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 334 reviews
on July 27, 2016
I bought this G-shock after I broke my other one while trying to change the battery. What sucks is I didn't even buy the right battery! Anyways, screw battery changing. That's why I bought this solar-powered version. I also love atomic watches, and all of my Casio's have been on point with my computer time. This one always seems to get a pretty good signal, too, unlike the last one I had. It was even able to get a signal in the prison I used to work at. That being said, I've had this watch a few years now, and it's been through my correctional officer days, all through nursing school, and now as a RN. I'm not sure I could recommend a better watch for the price. It's probably even better than my $400 Seiko. $90 may seem like a lot for a watch for many people (I think I got it for $60 here on Amazon), but I have put this watch through a beating and have never had anything that has held up like this has.
on January 4, 2017
I have one of the early Casio solar atomic watches - have had it for probably 10 years - and it's still going strong! I just can't kill it. It is, however, showing its age..... scattered scratches, the dial colors have faded and I've had to replace the band once. When my wife asked what I wanted for Christmas - a new Casio solar atomic timepiece was near the top of my list. After much self debate - I settled on this model. It is about as classy as a plastic digital watch can get - sleek and unobtrusive. The solar charging and the daily automatic atomic clock calibration are features that Casio seems to do better than any other brand. The dial face has shrunk a bit compared to my old model and the lettering on the face is a bit harder to read for these old eyes - so I docked it 1-star. I'll still use my old Casio as my "work" watch - and reserve this pretty new one for nights out on the town and such.
on February 4, 2017
Had quite a few Ironmen in my life. Don't really need splits, best lap anymore. Don't do speed work or have to know mile splits in races. Since I had both knees replaced within the last six months, no more competition, just jogging or biking. I have broken watches changing batteries in the past and that's over now. I have a Citizen Eco Drive dress watch and now this one for everyday use. No more batteries and they both set time every night with Colorado Springs. That's why I give it a five star. If I was still running competitively and doing track workouts, I would not have chosen this watch.
on February 23, 2017
I have been buying and wearing Casio G-Shock watches for years. In the past I have had the battery operated type and this model is the first Casio Solar watch I've owned. Setting up was easy but confusing since several features as described in the instruction book did not work as described. Also, no matter how long I hold the watch under strong lighting, the power indicator does not move from Medium power to high power. I'm wondering if I have a copy that is not working as it should. The Atomic time keeping feature does seem to work as it should.
on September 11, 2015
The watch has a beautiful "sea-green" face that will remind you of the ocean. Be warned that it will not be working when you take it out of the box. You will have to charge it in the sunlight for a couple of hours before the display even comes on, longer than that to get a full charge.
on May 8, 2017
After trying several G-shocks I found the one I wanted. I was looking for a Solar/Atomic shock in black. I tried the 6900 and 5610 but both had straps that were too short for me (8 inch wrist). I have been wearing G-shocks for a very long time so not sure whats going on with the shorter straps. I particularly liked the looks of the 5610 but it was too small for my wrist and the strap was too short. I also tried the Rangeman (9400), great looking watch but too heavy for everyday use, and I had no need for the triple sensors. The 530-A1 fits the bill. Medium sized, all black and not too heavy or large. Also, the digits are larger so easier to read. Only had the watch for a couple of days but very happy so far with my purchase.
on December 16, 2013
This Casio Men's GWM530A-1 G-Shock Atomic Tough Solar Digital Watch is a replacement for a nearly identical watch I owned and liked for several years. Since the new watch has been on my wrist for only a week, I don't think it would justify a five-star rating with such a short time. The older watch needed a battery replacement a few years ago; I was able to replace the rechargeable battery, but the job isn't for the faint of heart (suddenly two two very tiny springs jumped into the air and landed in a dark place beside my desk, fifteen minutes looking for the darn things). The old watch became difficult and refused to switch automatically to/from Standard Time and Daylight Savings Time; I hope the new watch makes the switches with no manual input. The resin strap seems a bit nicer than the strap on the older model. I expect the new watch to work trouble-free for many years to come.
on July 25, 2017
This is my second G-Shock watch. I do not use all the features on it, but it keeps great time, thanks to the atomic sync each morning during the wee hours, does not appear to lose any time between syncs and so far has held a charge for at least a week without any exposure to sunlight. I don't like the plastic watch band as well as my previous G-Shock, but it does clean up easier when I have left it on while working in the garden.
on March 25, 2015
Overall I am very happy with this watch. It is incredibly comfortable, I've worn it to bed a few times and didn't even notice. I also like that it automatically sets the correct time, and the time is accurate to the second. It's solar powered and holds its charge very well.

Cons:
My watch came with a bit of the band material scratched off at the end of the band.

The face tends to collect dust that is kind of hard to remove due to the design.

This is my first digital watch, and I am slightly disappointed with the viewing angle. It's difficult to subtly glance at your watch because you won't be able to read the analog display from extreme angles.
on April 20, 2016
This is a great watch. Had a similar one before for many many years and then it finally broke so I went with this one. It was the same as my other ones except that the other one was silver and this one is darker, which is a really nice look. You can never go wrong with any G-Shock watch.