BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 4, 2017
Had quite a few Ironmen in my life. Don't really need splits, best lap anymore. Don't do speed work or have to know mile splits in races. Since I had both knees replaced within the last six months, no more competition, just jogging or biking. I have broken watches changing batteries in the past and that's over now. I have a Citizen Eco Drive dress watch and now this one for everyday use. No more batteries and they both set time every night with Colorado Springs. That's why I give it a five star. If I was still running competitively and doing track workouts, I would not have chosen this watch.
on February 23, 2017
I have been buying and wearing Casio G-Shock watches for years. In the past I have had the battery operated type and this model is the first Casio Solar watch I've owned. Setting up was easy but confusing since several features as described in the instruction book did not work as described. Also, no matter how long I hold the watch under strong lighting, the power indicator does not move from Medium power to high power. I'm wondering if I have a copy that is not working as it should. The Atomic time keeping feature does seem to work as it should.
on May 8, 2017
After trying several G-shocks I found the one I wanted. I was looking for a Solar/Atomic shock in black. I tried the 6900 and 5610 but both had straps that were too short for me (8 inch wrist). I have been wearing G-shocks for a very long time so not sure whats going on with the shorter straps. I particularly liked the looks of the 5610 but it was too small for my wrist and the strap was too short. I also tried the Rangeman (9400), great looking watch but too heavy for everyday use, and I had no need for the triple sensors. The 530-A1 fits the bill. Medium sized, all black and not too heavy or large. Also, the digits are larger so easier to read. Only had the watch for a couple of days but very happy so far with my purchase.
on December 16, 2013
This Casio Men's GWM530A-1 G-Shock Atomic Tough Solar Digital Watch is a replacement for a nearly identical watch I owned and liked for several years. Since the new watch has been on my wrist for only a week, I don't think it would justify a five-star rating with such a short time. The older watch needed a battery replacement a few years ago; I was able to replace the rechargeable battery, but the job isn't for the faint of heart (suddenly two two very tiny springs jumped into the air and landed in a dark place beside my desk, fifteen minutes looking for the darn things). The old watch became difficult and refused to switch automatically to/from Standard Time and Daylight Savings Time; I hope the new watch makes the switches with no manual input. The resin strap seems a bit nicer than the strap on the older model. I expect the new watch to work trouble-free for many years to come.
on July 25, 2017
This is my second G-Shock watch. I do not use all the features on it, but it keeps great time, thanks to the atomic sync each morning during the wee hours, does not appear to lose any time between syncs and so far has held a charge for at least a week without any exposure to sunlight. I don't like the plastic watch band as well as my previous G-Shock, but it does clean up easier when I have left it on while working in the garden.
on March 25, 2015
Overall I am very happy with this watch. It is incredibly comfortable, I've worn it to bed a few times and didn't even notice. I also like that it automatically sets the correct time, and the time is accurate to the second. It's solar powered and holds its charge very well.

Cons:
My watch came with a bit of the band material scratched off at the end of the band.

The face tends to collect dust that is kind of hard to remove due to the design.

This is my first digital watch, and I am slightly disappointed with the viewing angle. It's difficult to subtly glance at your watch because you won't be able to read the analog display from extreme angles.
on April 20, 2016
This is a great watch. Had a similar one before for many many years and then it finally broke so I went with this one. It was the same as my other ones except that the other one was silver and this one is darker, which is a really nice look. You can never go wrong with any G-Shock watch.
on September 19, 2017
If seconds matter, a smart phone won't get it done. I like that this watch syncs with the atomic clock in Ft. Collins and I like that it requires little effort to keep the solar battery charged. My previous G-Shock lasted more than ten years and I'm hoping for the same with this watch. Try a day without a watch and see if you need a wristwatch. I need time accurate to the second for my job and I don't care about watches as jewelry. For me, this is the best watch available, certainly for the price.
on October 30, 2016
I totally love this watch! Bought it for myself last Christmas and what can I say but I LOVE IT!!! It's the perfect size for me as I have a small wrist and has all the functions I wanted in a watch like this. Just recently went to Maui and wore it while snorkeling. Didn't have any problems whatsoever! I charge it under a lamp light every now an then and the battery still shows full capacity. The power saving feature is awesome and it's a very durable watch.
on November 8, 2016
The only negative so far on this watch is the band. It is fairly stiff, compared to the other G-Shock watches I have. It has synced flawlessly (I live in North Texas) and so far it has not moved off the High power level, after I got it charged up the first time. The digits on the watch are a bit larger than a lot of other G-Shocks, which is a welcome. I haven't had to test the shock resistance, but I bet it is first-rate.