Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 28, 2017
The G-shock line is absolutely amazing. However, I have to point out that the metallic grey color on this model is significantly darker than shown in the advertised image. It is dark charcoal, approaching black. Under most lighting conditions, it looks black. I have several G-shocks already and know their great quality, so I chose this watch for its color scheme. I was quite taken back with such a huge difference between the advertised photo and the actual unit I received. Also, the background is very orange. Compared to the version with grey background, it offers much less contrast and it hard to discern digits under certain angles. I am not very fond of this particular feature. The back light is greenish, like on most G-shocks.
The watch arrived with low battery, but it took only a few hours under a light source to reach the medium level. It has not been able to receive updates yet, despite being beside a window all day. Hopefully, it will over the next few days.
on May 8, 2017
After trying several G-shocks I found the one I wanted. I was looking for a Solar/Atomic shock in black. I tried the 6900 and 5610 but both had straps that were too short for me (8 inch wrist). I have been wearing G-shocks for a very long time so not sure whats going on with the shorter straps. I particularly liked the looks of the 5610 but it was too small for my wrist and the strap was too short. I also tried the Rangeman (9400), great looking watch but too heavy for everyday use, and I had no need for the triple sensors. The 530-A1 fits the bill. Medium sized, all black and not too heavy or large. Also, the digits are larger so easier to read. Only had the watch for a couple of days but very happy so far with my purchase.
on April 20, 2016
This is a great watch. Had a similar one before for many many years and then it finally broke so I went with this one. It was the same as my other ones except that the other one was silver and this one is darker, which is a really nice look. You can never go wrong with any G-Shock watch.
on October 30, 2016
I totally love this watch! Bought it for myself last Christmas and what can I say but I LOVE IT!!! It's the perfect size for me as I have a small wrist and has all the functions I wanted in a watch like this. Just recently went to Maui and wore it while snorkeling. Didn't have any problems whatsoever! I charge it under a lamp light every now an then and the battery still shows full capacity. The power saving feature is awesome and it's a very durable watch.
on April 13, 2017
This is a follow-on quite similar to an earlier G-shock watch that I have worn, and loved, for years as a watch for all out-door activities or for wearing around the house. It was time for a new one, and though certainly not pretentious as watches go, it is good-looking. I also mention a big thing, and that is that Casio re-did the plastic-type watch band, adding a weave material which I believe will solve the tearing of my earlier watch band (I replaced it twice). My favorite feature is the solar battery and nightly updating of the time and date functions (from Fort Collins, CO). Sweet!
on January 16, 2016
Great Watch...my old one was the exact same one, only the older model. My older model lasted for 8 years or so, finally the face went because humidity got into the case, but it lasted 2 years after that happened. It was cheaper to get a new watch eventually than fix the old one when it first got moisture in it (after 6 years).
You will definitely need to read the owner's manual and refer to it until you remember how get the functions you want to work. It is worth it, however, just for the solar panels. I can't seem to get reception from CO in Boston to reset my watch. However, this is not a problem because the watch is accurate and doesn't need a daily reset. I just manually change daylight savings time back and forth (consulting the owner's manual each time).
Why does Japan have 2 atomic RF stations and the US only one?
on August 3, 2017
Just got this, and it seems great. Was worried I wouldn't get a time signal from the atomic clock in Colo., as I live on the East Coast, but I do. Solar seems to be working great, too. Now, we just have to see how it holds up over time, but I'm pretty sure it will. These G-shocks are tough.
on October 15, 2016
I had a similar model for 9 years before it suddenly failed; somehow the internal rubber gasket/seal melted and leaked out of the watch! I have no idea why this happened and amazingly the watch kept "ticking" (continued to keep time). But I could see that the seals around all of the button were gone. After all these years the watch was rather grungy so I was happy to buy a new one. I liked it because (1) the time is always accurate due to automated connection to atomic clocks; (2) it was always fully charged due to the solar cells; (3) the time display is large and easy to read.
on June 26, 2014
This replaced a similar G-Shock that died after 10 years, the setting and button functions are about the same so it was an easy transition. Why I picked this watch is it seems to have the biggest display that I saw- eyes are getting old. Also the atomic and solar features are worry free and accurate. The buttons are easy to push and won't be accidently activated. The time zone feature is great as I travel a lot.
I really don't care for the three dials- a bit distracting. It is thick but not really wide. I wish Casio would make a G-Shock with the display comparable to the size of a Suunto.
Overall I am very happy with it and expect many years of accurate and trouble free service out of it.
on January 13, 2017
I bought one of these watches around sixteen years ago. I wore it when I traveled to five different continents. No matter the country I was in, I knew the local time and my home time at a glance. And I never had to worry about batteries. My original watch's battery still works, but doesn't hold a charge as well as it used to, so instead of trying to have a new battery installed, I decided to buy a replacement since it is around $30 cheaper than the original
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.