Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 297 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 330 reviews
on July 27, 2016
I bought this G-shock after I broke my other one while trying to change the battery. What sucks is I didn't even buy the right battery! Anyways, screw battery changing. That's why I bought this solar-powered version. I also love atomic watches, and all of my Casio's have been on point with my computer time. This one always seems to get a pretty good signal, too, unlike the last one I had. It was even able to get a signal in the prison I used to work at. That being said, I've had this watch a few years now, and it's been through my correctional officer days, all through nursing school, and now as a RN. I'm not sure I could recommend a better watch for the price. It's probably even better than my $400 Seiko. $90 may seem like a lot for a watch for many people (I think I got it for $60 here on Amazon), but I have put this watch through a beating and have never had anything that has held up like this has.
on September 30, 2016
It's a really nice watch overall. The band is comfortable, the backlight works well (it's a green color), the solar panel charged up the battery right away, and it updates the time with the atomic clock nearly every night.

One drawback is circles on the face, which are minimally useful, and can cast a small shadow on the time digits depending on the angle. This can be an issue when combined with the design of the digits; the "7" digit has a very short top line and it can run into the shadow. Let me be clear, this is not a major problem, and I can't think of many situations when you'd confuse 7:00 with 1:00, but it's still not optimal in my opinion.

Overall though it's a quality watch!
review image
on January 4, 2017
I have one of the early Casio solar atomic watches - have had it for probably 10 years - and it's still going strong! I just can't kill it. It is, however, showing its age..... scattered scratches, the dial colors have faded and I've had to replace the band once. When my wife asked what I wanted for Christmas - a new Casio solar atomic timepiece was near the top of my list. After much self debate - I settled on this model. It is about as classy as a plastic digital watch can get - sleek and unobtrusive. The solar charging and the daily automatic atomic clock calibration are features that Casio seems to do better than any other brand. The dial face has shrunk a bit compared to my old model and the lettering on the face is a bit harder to read for these old eyes - so I docked it 1-star. I'll still use my old Casio as my "work" watch - and reserve this pretty new one for nights out on the town and such.
on January 9, 2017
Nice looking watch. Love the solar power function. I simply set the watch in window for an afternoon and the watch went to "high". Received the watch unbelievably fast, and it was already charged to medium and was set to my city. Great service Amazon!
Have not yet figured out how to set correct mode to receive an atomic setting. Oh well.
One issue is the 3 small displays at top of watch face are incredibly difficult to see
EDIT: 1/19/17 I had set the watch to auto receive the atomic time. Just checked it this evening, and found that it had auto updated today. It was the first time I had checked to determine if auto reception worked. I was both delighted and surprised that it had worked. I live in southeastern Pennsylvania, so I didn't expect that function to work. It was just setting on my bed all night, not even in a window, and it was a cloudy night. Cool Beans!
on May 22, 2017
This is my second of the exact watch! I don't remember when I bought the first one. So long ago it's no longer on my orders list! :-)

The whole time I had the first one it had ALWAYS been accurate as compared to the online "atomic clock" and everything else! The band broke and the face is scratched, so time to get another. Like the lady said, go with what you know!!!

'Bout the only thing the first time user has to deal with is when the watch is not being moved around the numerals will go away. Just shake it or press the light button. It will also go blank at 2a.m. as it corrects itself. Again, press the light button. I have never replaced the battery on the first one, so this one should last forever or as long as I don't break something.
on June 21, 2017
I've been pretty much wearing this watch every day for 3 years now. For a G-shock, this watch is very simple. But I love that it is solar, atomic, and that it shows the date on the front. I've never had an issue with this watch and I have been VERY hard on it. I've taken it diving. I work in the woods with it on (cutting down trees, splitting wood, etc). I work in a factory and it's constantly hitting stuff. Never had an issue. Of the watches in my collection, if I could only have one, this would be it. When I first bought it, it had obviously been sitting in a warehouse somewhere because it was dead and took some time to charge enough for me to use. About a week after buying it, I wore it during a week long event that I spend all day outside. Since that week 3 years ago, the battery level has always showed being full battery. So it hasn't even come close to running out.
on February 4, 2017
Had quite a few Ironmen in my life. Don't really need splits, best lap anymore. Don't do speed work or have to know mile splits in races. Since I had both knees replaced within the last six months, no more competition, just jogging or biking. I have broken watches changing batteries in the past and that's over now. I have a Citizen Eco Drive dress watch and now this one for everyday use. No more batteries and they both set time every night with Colorado Springs. That's why I give it a five star. If I was still running competitively and doing track workouts, I would not have chosen this watch.
on November 4, 2015
I have been a loyal G-shock fan for over 15-years now so I am pretty biased towards them but they have never failed me.

Now that solar/atomic watches are affordable for the mainstream masses, this is one of the best contenders.

Firstly, this watch looks so much better in person. The dull gray in pictures is actually a metallic gunmetal sheen. The solar function works phenomenally. The best part is that you don't know it's even there. Not once have I ever seen the power indicator move from "HIGH" despite working the night shift at work. Although I do continually keep it on Power Saver mode and I do live in sunny San Diego.

Now to the cons. The end of the strap without the clasp has a lip to it to keep the loop in place. Unfortunately, this lip isn't nearly large enough as it comes off every once in a while - more often than I'd like. This is its biggest downfall.

Other minor cons to this watch are very minor. The watch updates atomically about once or twice a week for me, sometimes longer - it's supposed to do it every night. However, this is very minor as the watch is very accurate to begin with so having it perfectly synced every day of the year is nice but not necessary.

Lastly, this is more of a lack of user knowledge but I was under the impression that the watch would adjust itself automatically when you jump from time zone to time zone. This is not the case.
on February 23, 2017
I have been buying and wearing Casio G-Shock watches for years. In the past I have had the battery operated type and this model is the first Casio Solar watch I've owned. Setting up was easy but confusing since several features as described in the instruction book did not work as described. Also, no matter how long I hold the watch under strong lighting, the power indicator does not move from Medium power to high power. I'm wondering if I have a copy that is not working as it should. The Atomic time keeping feature does seem to work as it should.
on June 4, 2014
Was skeptical on spending more than $20 on a watch. I've always used cheap ones because they would get beat up when working. I finally decided to get something built to last. I looked at local stores like academy and the Mall. They had this watch for $130!!! I decided to check amazon and sure enough it was reasonably priced. The stores would not do price matching. I chose this watch due to the features it had:

-Solar powered (never needs a battery)
-Atomic time kept (exact time)
-Digital (digital duh)
-Black. (Dark chrome and flat black)

I really liked this design, it's not extra large or huge like other G-Shock watches, This watch is a decent size. What I noticed right away was the clarity of the LCD display. It's clear compared to the other watches I've owned. It was easy to follow the instructions to change the watch settings. The neat feature is when you tilt you arm 40 degrees from being parallel to the ground, the indigo light automatically turns on. So far I've had it for a few days and seems to work great. This watch seems well built and meant to last. I would recommend this watch to anyone looking for a nice affordable G-shock that has neat features.