Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on January 13, 2014
I was concerned about the reviews that I read *after* ordering: that more than once people had clearly ordered the RED version of this watch but instead were shipped the WHITE version.
Q: Was I to share their frustrating fate ?
A: Happily, NO! I opened the package and received the RED version as I had ordered.

I have to say that the watch looks better in person than in the stock photo. The reason being that the RED resin has a high gloss coat on it which I really like. It'll mean that scuffs will show up easier than on a matte (unpainted or unpolished) surface, but that's OK I have other watches that I'll reserve for getting 'beat up'.
I'm very happy with this RED Square.
on June 8, 2016
Style: My other watch is a Rolex that retails for $12k, and I have received more compliments over this G Shock. If you want to get a plastic retro digital watch, bright red is the best way to do it. I wear this with a suit sometimes. As you go down the scale of suit appropriateness from most formal to least formal, at some point, the scale flips and it works again.

Functionality: It has all the normal digital watch functions. Some might note that the contrast in the display is not that great. This is true, but I find the comments that the numbers are invisible except in bright light and at a precise angle to be exaggerated. Still, the lack of contrast is the reason for my only one star deduction.

The tide chart is a strange use of real estate to me - how many surfers will buy this watch compared to normal people? The atomic signal and solar power are nice-to-haves, but practically, any digital watch is accurate to within a couple seconds a year and has a multi year battery life.
on July 2, 2016
I was pleasantly surprised when i put it on, it's smaller than it appears on photos.
It's slightly smaller than my Riseman tough solar.

Everything works except for one thing, the Auto EL.
I did the TLT test and it fails to respond, test should have "8888" appear but it does not. (I even tried bashing it as some gshock owners have suggested so it moves the micro ball respoonsible for the auto EL)

I would return/exchange this but the issue is not big enough to justify the shipping process from Canada to US.

This watch is perfect for what it should be, sadly, i got a defective one.

Update: after some research, i found out that there's a bad batch for gshocks similar to this model (GWM5610-1). Same issue with the auto backlight not responding to tilt.

Update (July 23 2017):

For some reason Auto EL now works, i retested the TLT test and it now has the 8888 appearing.
Also tested in dark setting and light now comes on automatically when tilted.
Not sure why it works now, maybe it had to be shaken up for a long time.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on January 1, 2015
My biggest complaint is that the white on black background is really hard to see in the sunlight which is a real problem for me. Also I hate the function buttons being so hard to use and impossible if you have gloves on. I liked the color and the rest of the functions are fairly easy to figure out. Also the tide table was a little useless because you have to set it to a major city (I think) so that unless you live there your tide times might be way off. So it just doesn’t work for me, but maybe it will for you
on September 3, 2014
red is my favorite color! i am very pleased with casio for making this retro g-shock watch in red. what makes it more awsome is its updated with atomic solar! this watch looks much better in person than the picture. on the glass face, its black in the center with the border only purple. in the pic it looks all purple =P ...the red is smooth and sexy plus has a shiny look to it. whenever i wear this watch, it draws a lot of attention. i love this watch!
on August 18, 2017
The problem I had with this watch and why I had to send it back was that the display was just a little to small to read, I am 68 and just need a larger display. Loved the watch but just need younger set of eyes.

Sal.
on October 20, 2017
Took this item to a waterpark and no issues, even went into the hot pool and stayed in there for a good 30 mins
on August 27, 2015
The G-Lide are even lighter and thinner than the DW5600. Can't beat this solar atomic price either when considering the style and form factor. The module is great for tides and moon, easy to set by city code and nearest beach!
on April 11, 2014
Exceptional value! save time and money. Never have to replace any batteries. Elegant style, ordered the red, got just the color ordered. I am a Prime member,watch was delivered,in two days, other Casio watches in the past, with enjoyable success. Very comfortable on the wrist.
on January 13, 2015
I love this watch! I've received many compliments about this particular G-Shock and it's just fun to wear! It's a bit thinner than the other G-Shock models, so it fits perfectly on my wrist and doesn't bulge out when I roll down my sweater or shirt. It's a very attractive watch for the price!