Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 46 reviews
on August 17, 2015
Was debating between this Casio Men's GWX5600C-7 and the GW-M5610BC-1JF. I was looking for the all black look and thought I'm going to change the case and band later. Since I surf I decided to go for the GWX5600C-7 with the G-Glide feature.
I had to return it and get the GW-M5610BC-1JF and here is why:
- Buttons on the side are hard to press and not very responsive
- The automatically light on feature in the dark did not work
- Display was more difficult to read that I expected
- The bracelet band of the GW-M5610BC-1JF makes the watch feel so much better.
on March 9, 2015
I think it is a great watch with just a few shortcomings. First, the manual as well as generally accepted opinions online, despite the product description, it is not guaranteed to be suitable for scuba diving and maintain its warranty, for this it must be rated by the ISO as a Diver's 150m or Diver's 200m. In older versions of the manual it was rated for scuba diving, and many people suspect this was removed when testing requirements increased. See "macspite's" comment in: http://www.g-shockzone.com/archive/index.php/t-913.html. Secondly, I followed the directions perfectly, turned on the auto illuminate, paying very close attention to lighting, and the angle in both axis of importance, but I still cannot get the auto illuminate to function. Otherwise this watch is really cool. Great glossy appearance, as long as you don't shower with it a lot, or so I've read.
on June 29, 2015
Good looking G Shock for those that don't normally wear G Shocks. I have a couple of mechanical watches I love to wear, but don't want to risk in saltwater, gardening, shop work, etc. Not worth an expensive repair.

This "5600" style G-Shock is smaller than most of their line, and the reverse display looks great (a little hard to read indoors, but it's better looking. Note, Casio introduces new variations all the time and it's confusing as can be.

Desirable features are 6 band tome keeping, Solar power and the tide and moon displays. Some 5600 G Shocks look like this one but _don't_ have those features.
on December 19, 2015
My second of the GW series (DW5600E) - great Outdoors watch, and the inverse display works perfectly in the sunshine. I was really attracted to the solar power concept, and coupled with the design,was the main driver of the purchase decision. I didn't prefer the Tide display, as I'm not a surfer/fishing type. Ashamed the later Solar versions (with NO Tide display) were released a month after buying this in Jan 2015. Predominantly for weekend use, or when travelling to developing countries.
on September 9, 2014
i am happy with casio for making this retro g-shock watch in white. i love my red version so much, i eneded up buying this white version also. what makes it more awsome is its updated with atomic solar! this watch looks real slick. on the glass face, its black in the center with a blue border. the white is smooth and shiny. whenever i wear this watch, it draws a lot of attention just like my red version does. i love this watch!
on February 17, 2014
I love the watch! Has all of the features that I wanted. Its slim, fits under sleeves and the tide feature is really usefull for surfing. Its easy to read when its bright or really dark, but when its cloudy or indoor fim lighting you need to have it at a good angle to read it.
on September 3, 2016
Really good watch although the paint scratches off very easily. Also does not come with any original packaging for some weird reason.
Atomic feature does not work in New Zealand where I live so that is useless. Overall good watch.
on March 27, 2014
Great looking watch, loaded with features. Syncing to the atomic clock works well (better than on other watches I have) - it manages to sync practically every night. The green backlight looks amazing -- however I wish the display was easier to read in daylight (hence the 4 stars but think of it as 4+). I would absolutely recommend this watch to anyone.
on February 17, 2015
I purchased this watch for my boyfriend for Valentine's Day. It looks even nicer in person than in the photos. The packaging was very professional and neat as well. My boyfriend is in LOVE with this watch! It's worth every penny!
on December 6, 2013
This watch is great! I purchased it in August and I wanted to use it for a while before posting. I love this watch! Very cool look, the reverse display is very interesting and nice, most likely due to the solar feature. True, as some reviews stated, in low light conditions it is harder to see but still pretty good. I still like it just fine. The tide table works great! I love the light going on automatically when it is dark as I turn my hand. Very awesome feature. This watch loves the water, no problem at all. The band is as white as when I bought it over 3 months ago. The solar feature is excellent, just the fact that it does not need a battery is worth the price. The battery is on high so far, since I bought it, no problem. Just leave it in the window and it will charge. The sync feature works great as well, but it is best to put it into a window when syncing. I also recommend, as other reviewers, to read the manual. Actually, download it, so you can read it easier, the book fonts are small. This watch has tons of features and it really helps to know what is available. But all features work excellent. As far as the size, very nice, also works for women who like a slightly larger watch.

I have one wish from Casio - please put an antireflective coating on the glass. When the sun catches it at an angle, sometimes the reflection is blinding for others. So that would be nice! But this watch is pretty perfect as is, that would just add a nice touch, especially for the beach.

This watch rocks!