Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Genuine Replacement Strap for G Shock Watch Model - GW-530 GW-500
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on June 21, 2010
The watchband I ordered for my G-Shock GW-500A is well made, with the original band lasting 10 years. I used it day to day and through the deserts of Iraq. Although it is the original type band, it was less expensive than ordering it from the casio website. I received the order early and it matched the old band perfectly. When replacing the band, you need to have two small flathead screw drivers turning in opposite directions. Although this may seem obvious, there were no instructions in the package and the Casio website nor the owners manual did not explain how to replace the band.
on September 29, 2010
While it lasts this is a great band. But I see from my Amazon history that I ordered this one last November. It's already broken. Which was about a year after the previous band broke. Which is about a year after... you get the idea.

I'm not sure if it's the sun exposure, the water exposure, or what, but they always break at the first notch (closest to the watch), which is also where my wristbone is, so perhaps that's it. But is even a year too much to ask for something that's supposed to be rugged?

I am ordering another one because I love my G-shock watch, and this is a decent band for as long as it lasts. $15 a year is just under my being ripped off threshold, but obviously not under my complaining about it threshold.

I just installed the new one - while it's fresh, here's what you'll need:
* Two (2) small flathead screwdrivers to get into the tiny band pin recesses. You can get them out with one, but need two to tighten them back up properly. The end of the bottle opener on a leatherman squirt works great as one of them!
* Do not lose the pins or screws - the band does /not/ come with extras, so if you lose them you're completely hosed.
* Using a screwdriver, unscrew one of the sides of one of the band holding pins. You don't know if you're getting the screw or the pin, so just turn counterclockwise till both sides are slightly pulled out and tug one of them out then the other. May need to use a toothpick to help push the pin out.
* Just pop the band off with an up levering motion. There are small hooks on the watch that stick up and catch in the band.
* Recoil in disgust at all the dead skin and soap residue that's going to be in here no matter how fastidious you are.
* Do the same for the other side.
* Attach the band side with the slots to the /bottom/ of the watch (it's easy to forget which was supposed to go where). There are hooks on the watch (you can see them now), so hold the band up a bit as you push it on then lever down. It should pop on fairly easily and is fairly solid even without the screws.
* Now the only hard part - lay the watch on a table face down. Push the screw in from one side, the pin in from the other side. Use one screwdriver to keep one side from turning while you use another to turn the other side clockwise.

I do appreciate how much nicer this is than those awful spring-pin designs.
66 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2010
I have had 4 Casio G-shock watches over the past 20 years. With each watch the loop holding the band in place has broken and I found no solution other than buying a new watch to replace my perfectly working G-shock watch. I may be a bit slow, but this time I finally looked for a replacement band and found this one. At about $15, it saved me about $75 that I would have spent on a replacement watch. It is easy to fit the new band in place. However, you just need to be aware that you must have 2 small screwdrivers -- one to hold the screw on one side in place while you are unscrewing and and then "re-screwing" the other side. This replacement band fits like the original band.
on January 9, 2010
The problem with replacement bands for Casio Watches is the high price. I bought a real good Casio Solar Atomic Watch (GW-500A) for $60, with the list price at $150. A few years later, when the band wore out, I find the price for the band is listed at $25, a little much considering what you are getting. There are no 3rd party suppliers for this specialized band. This seller is providing the original item, for a low price. I received it earlier than expected, in original package. I will save this seller, because if I ever need replacement watch parts, I will use them,out of appreciation and the fact that they will probably have the best price and availability.
on January 18, 2013
Not what I expected but it works. I was expecting a band similar to the one on a DW5600 for example but this one doesn't seem as nice. This is much stiffer and not as smooth feeling.

I bought this for my MTG900DA because the metal band on it does not fit my wrist well. This is miles better than the metal band - I was just disappointed that it doesn't have that nice G-Shock band feel to it. Slightly disappointed in the quality - I thought $20 was a great deal until I put it on.

I didn't find any other choices for the G900 so I'll have to live with it.
review image review image
on September 30, 2010
I was about to disposed my G-Shock GW-500 (which I own for about 5 years now) because the band was broken (I'd wear it permanently, even in the shower and at bed time)and then I decided to replace it instead. The replacement one that I got was as good as the original, fits perfectly, good material and feels and looks genuine. In the process of changing straps I cleaned up the watch and now it looks almost as new. I am happy.
on October 25, 2013
I have the MTG-910DA which came with the black anodized stainless steel clasp band. The little nub that keeps the clasp together snapped off after about a year, and the black was scraping off all over it, letting the silver shine through. Keep in mind, I NEVER took this watch off. It went in the wood shop, hunting, fishing, I slept with it, showered with it, etc. I was, however, disappointed to find out that the replacement band to match the original was $90! And that was the CHEAPEST I could find. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the band made for the 500A would ALSO fit my watch! I was a bit skeptical, but I thought why not. Beats buying another $130 watch. Sure enough, it literally snaps solidly onto the watch (I could even put it on my wrist without the bolts), and the long pin bolts from the original fit right in.

It actually looks better and feels better than the original. It has a rough kevlar type texture. The band keeper loop thing actually clicks into place using notches on the underside of the band, keeping it from sliding. The side of the band that goes through the loop has an upward raised molded rubber hook that keeps it from sliding out of the loop. You can't beat this for the price, and I'm thinking about buying another one for a spare, with as cheap as they are. I think the watch would last for years, but the bands not so much. Maybe this band will last longer. It's a shame Casio G-Shock watches are so bullet proof, only to be dragged down by cheap bands.
on January 5, 2015
Fit my watch exactly. For GW-530A. Photo is with the old band and the new one.
review image
on April 26, 2016
Don't ask me why I never thought to look on here for the proper watchband for this, my favorite watch of the past 30 years. When the previous band broke, I looked for a replacement at Walmart, which was not to be found. So I carved up a watchband from my earlier watch to make it fit this one. For four years I put up with the end of the band sticking out because the little retaining strip would slide up the band since I had to cut it down to a narrower width. I was constantly shoving that thing back down so the end of the band would quit getting caught on everything!

This makeshift band finally broke a few weeks ago, and a little light bulb went off over my head... why don't you look for the proper band on Amazon, ya goober??? So I looked, and they had it! And I've been a happy camper like you can't imagine for the past month. If you've ever had watchband issues, you know exactly how much of a pain that can be, because your watch is always on you. I still can't believe the little sliding holder never budges from its position at the end of the band! It's almost like a miracle!
on June 20, 2015
This band is an exact replacement for the most accurate watch I've ever owned. Not quite as heavily made as the original, but it fits perfectly and is comfortable to wear. Had a little difficulty getting the retaining screws loose but putting it back is a snap. You'll need a PAIR of very small straight slot screwdrivers to replace it.