Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning DrWho DrWho DrWho  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 43 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 50 reviews
on November 15, 2012
+ Quality is great. Unlike many other cheap Casio watches the "mineral glass" is actually glass and not plastic. The wrist band, housing and buttons are over-sized and gives a solid impression
+ The user interface is basic and to the point, and in my opinion, the retro look trumps the modern day g-shocks aesthetically.
+ Uses a capacitor rather than rechargeable lithium battery. While a capacitor can only go a few weeks without sunlight, it is (unlike a rechargeable) near impossible to destroy by over-discharging, overheating or just aging.

- Contrary to Amazon product description this watch DOES NOT have a light of any kind. There just is no way to read the time without an external light source.
- Clasp is made of plastic, about the only weak point quality wise.

If you can live without a LED, this may very well be the watch for you. For me this is a deal breaker and while I am sad to part with this bad boy, it is going back to Amazon.
on August 24, 2016
Really great watch. It isn't bulky like those gforce watches and isn't too small. I let it charge out in the sun during the summer and haven't worried about it since. I don't try to charge it when I'm not using it, I just put it away like a normal watch. I take it to work everyday, it's durable still not a scratch even though i knock it on a lot of stuff. I wear it almost all the time. Dove into a pool off my friend's waterfall. I do love the watch and would love it more if the button placeholder had illuminated lighting. It isn't too bad but it would be nice to able to look at my watch right when i wake up. Overall it is a quality watch and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a daily watch or a watch for work.
on March 6, 2017
Very good
on April 20, 2013
This watch is awesome!
I have it already one month and I am happy with it! For me this watch has only pros.
Before ordering it, I knew, that it doesn't have a back light. It isn't important for me because on my previous Casio watches I rarely used light. I have never been in totally dark place and I was always able to check time with minimal surrounding light. Anyway classic watches don't have light at all but nobody says that is bad.
It looks fantastic on my wrist! No other watches have the similar design! With solar batteries on display the watch looks like sophisticated futuristic device. I had two G-Shocks, one is 7 years old and other is 2. When I got the second one nobody even noticed that I have new watch! Because all G-Shocks look like a hockey puck with almost the same design with bunch of plastic and annoying circles on display!
This watch has everything what I need from digital watch: alarms, countdown timer, stopwatch, solar power and mineral crystal. High quality materials and assembly make it real 200M water resist!
I am impressed with such a unique watch from Casio. I highly recommend it anyone who appreciates the reliability and know the value of good things!
******************************
Update:
I have this watch for 2 years now and it still looks like a new. The plastic is very tough. The glass doesn't have any scratches on it.
I am wearing this watch every day - with jeans, with suits, with swimming shorts...
I love it! Never get tired from its unique design and "spartan" features!
I think Casio don't make this model any more, it is really difficult to find them on sale today.
on May 29, 2013
Cheap, Cheerful & 200 metres water resistant.

Add to that it's 100% solar powered with only a capacitor and not a battery and you get a very economical watch!

It's built nicely and is comfortable on your wrist, just the right size for a medium sized mans wrist.

Highly Recommended.
on August 8, 2013
I’ve been wearing this watch for about 2 weeks now and so far I like it a lot. I was very excited when I got it and immediately tried charging it under a standard lamp for a few hours expecting it to work but only got 15 seconds of use before the charge was exhausted. The next day I charged it in the sun for about 3 hours and it has been working well ever since. Reading the instructions would have told me this but, hey, I’m a guy!

The controls are simple and easy to operate and I especially appreciate the mineral glass window for scratch resistance. The “dead” button for the light serves as a convenient rest for your finger as you manipulate the opposing buttons. These buttons seem to operate more smoothly than my recently purchased Timex watch. Oh, if you want a light then check out the WS200H-1BVCF which is more stylish and says it has an LED light. It’s also about $6 more.

I am not sure of how many cycles you can expect out of the capacitor but I suppose keeping it charged will help prolong its life. I plan on keeping mine charged as much as possible.

Since this watch is so “obviously” solar powered it appealed to the nerd in me - don’t expect Tag type styling is what I’m trying to say. All in all I am “pretty to very” satisfied with this watch. It’s functional and durable while being very reasonably priced.
on December 16, 2013
No light for this watch but it is not a big issue. I like the concept which is not functioned using battery. I've done an experiment, put the watch under the sun around 90 mins, it can stand for around 2 weeks.
Nice design, easy to use, very suitable for sport ppl.Price is totally reasonable. A must have I think.
on October 16, 2015
This is a great watch! It arrived "dead" so I've put it on the window sill for a day to give it a good charge under the strong Californian sun. By the time I returned home from work, the charge indicator was gone and the watch was ready to be set and strapped on to my wrist. Solid case almost like a G-Shock, with mineral crystal and soft rubber strap. 200m water resistant! What else do you need? A $7k luxury "douche bag" watch? No way!
This watch has 5 alarms, hourly chime, stopwatch and countdown timer! Of course there is no light/illuminator since this watch uses a capacitor to store power but who needs a light? At night when it's dark I'm at sleep!
This watch looks like it will last for a while and you'll not get mugged for that watch!
If your looking for a multi-functional, LOW/NO MAINTENANCE watch, look no further!
Again: YOU NEED TO CHARGE FOR ONE DAY IN BRIGHT LIGHT FIRST when it comes out of the box, only then it will work flawlessly even in darkness!

Update 10/29/15: I love this watch even more! No problems with battery charge, I use the alarm daily plus the hourly signal. Pretty accurate, gains only one second in ten days!

Update 11/21/15: Still runs perfectly! I had it sitting in a drawer for one week and it held the charge, no low-power indication!

Update 1/23/16: I haven't worn it in a while due to no outdoor activities in winter (I have lots of other watches) but let it sit in indirect daylight. Still running strong and no low-power indicator! Still 5 Stars!
review image
on February 4, 2015
I bought this to use as my Dive Watch. I know - CASIO has a disclaimer that states do not use this for diving.... I have been diving with Casio watches for about thirty years. I have never had one fail on me yet. This watch is a bit different. It does not use a battery at all. It uses a solar panel to charge a capacitor which powers the watch. Until the watch is fully charged it will lose it's programming. Once charged it will run for several days in complete darkness. I received this watch and promptly went on a trip where we went snorkeling with the Manatees at Crystal River FL. The watch was in the water for at least ten hours over two days and did not have a problem. Since we not on SCUBA it only got to about 20 or so feet with it. This is a very well built watch. While not as rugged as a Casio "G Shock," it is rugged enough to handle the rigors that most people would put it through. The buttons are large enough to activate even while wearing gloves. My only concern is that of longevity. I am hoping that since a batter does not need to be replaced that it will run longer than other watches that I have retired because of concerns of water resistance following a battery replacement. If it holds up as well as I hope this will have been a GREAT purchase. If it is only as good as the watches that proceeded it it would still be a good buy. Short version: I LIKE THIS WATCH!
on February 21, 2016
Simple, rugged looking, good quality, comfortable. My kind of watch.

Update: Have owned this watch for 7 months now and I stand by my original review. This watch has held up great and I've been asked several times if it's a G-Shock. I thought the watch not having the ability to illuminate would suck but it really hasn't been an issue.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.