Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Style: With Black Rubber Band|Change

Showing 1-10 of 573 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 623 reviews
on November 12, 2014
I looked up the model number of this watch here on Amazon to try to find out what replacement battery the watch takes, because after 2+ years, mine died. I had to laugh when I got the search results page and started looking at the MQ-24's....I can't believe the face varieties! Descriptions tell what replacement battery it takes, but as far as I can tell, there's no way to open the case without demolishing the watch! :D

No matter...if it lasts 2 years, it's probably worth just getting another watch, at the current cost of batteries. I paid $6 for mine when I got it, and I have to say it was worth every penny! $3 per year ain't bad for a watch! It's gone up a little, but I'm ordering another one.

Being retired, I rarely wear a watch anyway, but it kept pretty accurate time when I needed one. Yes, it even LOOKS cheap too, with its rubber wrist band and obviously plastic case. And the plastic crystal scratches very easily. But who cares?! I have jarred, abused and mistreated this watch, and it kept on going.

This is definitely the one to get if you just want a CHEAP watch!

(For those who want to take this watch seriously: It is small...the plastic crystal is 1-1/16" in diameter; its weight is 6/10 oz. The maximum wrist diameter it will fit is 2-1/2", and the smallest is about 1-5/8". The thickness is just a hair over 1/4".)
on March 5, 2015
First Impression: Its small, but unlike every other watch I've ever owned it feels like it will last more than a week. Plus I like the way it looks.

The watch face is about the same size as a quarter.
It is a plastic watch.
on May 25, 2016
The watch is smaller than expected for a men's watch. (And, as another reviewer pointed out, it isn't really 35 mm across, as Casio includes the crown in the diameter, which isn't the industry standard way to measure). If I were a man with a wide wrist, the strap would be too small.

Since I am female and I don't need a BIG watch, it doesn't bother me. (I read the reviews and knew it would be on the smaller side). And my 2-year old daughter LOVES it! (Perfect size for her). It is a great -- albeit small -- watch.

I ordered one via third-party seller shopemco. That one arrived damaged. They eventually took it back (and paid for the return postage), but it did take several e-mails and a week of follow-up. They also sent a return label with a lower weight than the outbound package to me (aka postage due to themselves). But I did get a full refund, in the end.

The Amazon-sold one runs great.
on January 2, 2017
I didn't buy this for me. I'll bet my friend will love it, however. He's an analogue kinda guy, anyway. Besides, it's a Casio: how can you go wrong? I remember when a watch with a quartz-movement tipped the scales at $200 or more. (I'm not even going to mention the insanity attached to the price-tags of some watches that status whores who find it necessary to spend the price of a good down-payment on a house represents,but that's another story). And it's a bargain, and sharp-looking, too. Besides, with all that scratch you'll be saving, you can buy a new car, or splurge on hookers, dope and booze on that next business trip! Seriously, though, if you take this watch off and forget it at the Howie Johnson's, little heartbreak is involved, sorta like those transitory relationships that fit so neatly into a hectic business-trip schedule.
on April 30, 2014
After owning several of these watches for over 2 years, I've decided to update my review. I got several of these watches to pack in my daily and emergency packs, as backup watches. As such, I don't get to check them too frequently - somewhere between once a month, to once every three months, depending on the kit. Despite this, these watches have all managed to keep very accurate time - generally within a minute per 3 months. So far, no dead batteries, after 2 years. They're very no-frills watches, and only modestly rugged. They aren't my go-to watches, but they're still nice watches to have as backups, or to loan out to friends. I have larger wrists than average, and this watch still fits (with one eyelet to spare). Honestly, it's even fairly attractive watch. It won't razzle-dazzle any watch aficionados, but it's also the nicest looking watch I've seen for less than $10. I'm very pleased with these watches, and I'll continue to get more as I need them.
on March 12, 2016
My original intent for buying this watch was less for the fashion side of it -- but that's a plus! Seeing that the primary building I'm in at my university didn't have visible clocks (There are some...but they're in rooms) and I had lost my phone a few times over the year, I thought a watch would be a great investment. Overall this is great watch for the price. It might get a little bit scratched, but that's to be expected -- especially if you do lots of moving around. It's nice though.

As for those with thick wrists or huge arms/hands, this may not be the best watch for you. I've seen some reviews complaining about the size. For me, my wrist is small and this fits nicely. It's also an extra perk that the band isn't metal of any sort and the battery holder is stainless steel. I have allergies to nickel and other watches, but this one is great.

Overall, I give it a great rating.
on December 10, 2014
I do not know how many of these I've purchased over many years. Not for myself, they hold up amazingly well, but for others. Mine have been admired for their style, their flexibility, one person even asked if it was from Cartier. I had to tell them "no", really, not but from Casio and available at a most attractive price. To young men who seemed to live in a time warp, this wasn't just a nice gift, it was a desperately needed gift as it had the effect of bringing them back, or at least closer to our earth bound 24 hour day, the one divided in to minutes etc. I've lost them, destroyed them (harder to do than one might think) and I keep buying them. I have a perfectly fine dress watch but....this is just as good (remember the comments about style and Cartier?). I've worn it swimming, whether one was supposed to be able to or not. In short, unless you are determined to spend considerable more money, then you've found your watch. Under ten bucks and, for prime members, free shipping...
on October 11, 2015
Purchased this because at my new job, there are the occasional instances when I need to check the time, but can't pull out my phone. However, I didn't want or need an expensive one. In fact, I was attracted to the Casio Men's MQ24-1B3's small dimensions, hoping the piece wouldn't snag on my pants pockets--which is, in fact, the case. It's also a good-looking watch for the price. I even chose this one over the MQ24-7B2 because that one's face looked a little too much like a classroom wall clock. Gave me anxiety just looking at it.

However, while it looks good for the price and gets the job done, you are getting a cheap product made from cheap materials, which I was reminded of when I scratched the watch face within a week. I work a sedentary job, so I can't imagine what I did. Thankfully, nothing else has happened to it since that one bit of damage, but it's still a reminder of the watch's quality. However, I bought this primarily for function, not looks, and it's still working as intended. Even when it does fall into disrepair, it's cheap enough to replace without putting a dent in the bank.
on October 6, 2015
Great cheap watch. I beat up wristwatches. I've bought 3 similar Casio watches in the past. They were the yellow faced 24 hour marked watch. What "wears them out" is me constantly bashing them against stuff like rocks and railings and messing up the plastic "crystal". Then I buy another. I couple them with a leather band with a 16mm width. All these watches, likely with identical movements, keep virtually perfect time. I'd stack this Casio movement up against any mechanical watch. Over the course of 6 months the Casio will win. Accuracy is never a problem with this cheap Casio movement. I wish I could pay $10 more for a more scratch proof "crystal" or that it was replaceable. Oh well, I give my old watches to the kids in the neighborhood. I usually get over a year out of one of these babies before it starts looking a bit beat up. Then I buy another.

If you must have a very accurate wristwatch, this one, and others that share this movement, are perfect for the job at hand. So what if it costs under $10? Photo shows aftermarket $9 leather band. The band makes the watch look great.
on August 31, 2016
Arrived very quickly. It's very small which I expected from the reviews and reason why I bought it because i am a female so a smaller watch would be best, but didn't think it would feel this cheap, it's all right though because it looks great. Although on the little piece of paper it says LED light with afterglow which I don't quite fully understand, if someone can explain that to me that would be awesome.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.