Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,404 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,680 reviews
on March 20, 2015
At first, the MQ24-1E will appear to look like a joke watch--something a kid would wear. Some may even argue: "This is a woman's watch." It's small. This is true; make no mistake. And you may think, what self-respecting adult would ever wear something like this? I get that, truly. And again, the watch is fairly small (hence the 4 instead of 5 stars). But if you can get over the size of the watch (and I cannot stress this enough, this watch is TINY) it really, truly is a minimalist masterpiece. As a matter of fact, with each passing day, I can begin to see how a smaller-sized watch like this could enhance the appeal of something as minimal in design as this timepiece. It is black with gold accents and that's it, pretty much. No Indiglo. No Sapphire Crystal. No chronometer. Just simple, to-the-point, cheap and efficient and elegant. There really isn't much else say.

NB: Pictures of this product are, in my opinion, very important, as it really can come as something of a surprise (the size of this watch) to some people if they are uninformed. Attached, are four pictures of the watch to remedy this situation.
review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2012
Fun cheap watch, but i'll tell ya this.. I have girl wrists and pretty small hands, and this watch still looks small on me.
review image
0Comment| 172 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2017
considering the price, well worth the money. nice looking dial, fairly thin, EXTREMELY light. Doesn't even feel like it is on your wrist. I'd make two small improvements. On the band, I'd put some ridges on it so that little clip doesn't slide down as easily. The face cover is just plastic and scratches easily. I'd pay double for this watch if they put a real unscratchable crystal on it. But again, for $10, it's quite worth it.
on August 2, 2015
Such a clean, simple design! I love the clean, black face with nothing but small gold accents to mark the time. Classic! This watch measures roughly 1 7/16" across the face at the crown, and the band is a relatively tight fit on my wrist (I'm average size, roughly 6' tall and 175lbs), so if you're a larger person, this might not be the watch for you.

If you're average size or smaller, and if you're looking for a clean, simple, reliable watch for about $10 that will last longer than it has any right to, this could be your watch.

As with every Casio I've owned - and I've owned several - this watch is easy to set, very light in weight, and keeps excellent time. I expect the battery to last for years, and the face is simple and clean, with nothing there that you don't need.

Highly recommended, unless you like oversized watches.
on December 12, 2016
I just wanted to be the 1st to say that this watch is a bit small and dainty. however I have small wrists, & I actually try to buy watches with smaller faces. When I opened the box, the size did shock me & my family, however. So I am documenting that here. I don't mind the size, but I would have liked for the description to plainly point out that this watch's face is a bit smaller than traditional men's watches of this day.

It keeps time. It keeps time really well. & I really like the simplicity of the face. I like the gold hands and the gold increments, they go well over black. The watch says "CASIO" with "QUARTZ" underneath, on the face. In small print under the center radius of the hands is "Water Resist" Which I will say, is very true. I do not take this watch off when I take a bath. I submerge it completely in the tub, up to 3 times a day! It has NO condensation under the glass/crystal, and it has NOT lost track of time. It's a tough little watch. Sizing increment holes were great. I think the band is a bit cheap looking but in a millennial classic kind of way lol. I cannot hear ticking unless i have the case next to my ear. I cannot even hear ticking in the dead of night with the watch on.

I noticed a small scratch on the glass/crystal earlier today. I assume that was from accidentally hitting the wood frame of the bathroom door this morning. If wood is scratching this model's glass/crystal face, I would have to assume this model's glass/crystal face scratches easily. I'm sure a little tooth paste will buff the scratch right out, especially if it's acrylic.

I would recommend this watch to anyone looking for an everyday watch, whom does not mind a small size. may be prone to scratches. If you can't stand to lose 10 bucks, don't submerge this one, as I've heard it is only rated for splash. I've read some reviewers complain that theirs got water inside after submerging. Mine personally does not have any problem with being submerged. (yet!) it's been great for baths.
on April 30, 2017
I love this watch! Looks really good and almost elegant. I receive compliments every time I use it. It has a good size and doesn't look too big on my wrist (I'm a girl).
review image review image
on May 8, 2017
Since I've been without a watch for years (thanks, smartphones) I decided I needed something basic to accessorize with, and this was a great solution. If you're looking for a cheap but stylish watch for everyday wear, this is a great option. The look is subdued, but refined. Being that this is a lower priced model, don't expect bespoke materials. The band material is a rubberized material like you will find on many sport/activewear watches, and the face appears to be plastic rather than glass and as a result it scuffs somewhat easily which is the only reason I'm not giving this 5 stars. I'm willing to bet some plastic polish or cleaner will take care of blemishes on the watch face, so if you can live with the small amount of added care, this is a great option (and female coworker approved)!
on June 7, 2017
First thing I would like to point out is the watch and face is not as big as it looks or as I pictured. With that out of the way, the watch is simple, functional, exceptional, and professional. It is a chameleon of watches for you can use it in a variety of different occasions. It's really water resistant too! I took it to a water park had it completely submerged and it was still...ticking. I have gotten lots of complements on it as well which through me off because it is so simple, but, i guess, it is so simple that it is a appealing. Would buy again.
on March 28, 2017
Great price, fine watch but a random plastic piece broke randomly when I was taking it off and now the silver back plate doesn't stay on. Only had it for 2 months but there's no way to return it because it's outside the return window.
on July 18, 2017
This watch is fantastic!!! I have bought several of this model over the last 20 years and I appreciate it for at least four reasons. First, it keeps perfect time. Secondly, it looks great on my wrist, particularly since I don't care for a bunch of dials, buttons, and other extraneous peripherals that are unnecessary for basic, day-to-day being on time! Third, batteries last for 18 months to two years and replacements are easy to find (try eBay), and simple to install. Finally, this Casio model is a durable timepiece for most active people, unless you are a snorkeler or a scuba diver. The reason I was compelled to buy my most recent Casio - of exactly the same model - is the strap on the watch I had for several years finally broke. To my surprise, Amazon offers the same Casio watch model at the same price I paid in Mexico 15 years ago!

Just in case I failed to convey my enthusiasm for this Casio, I want to say I love it!