We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Quartz movement
- Auto receive function (4 times per day); signal: WWVB, Frequency: 60kHz
- Auto EL backlight with Afterglow; world Time
- 29 times zones (48 cities), city code display, daylight saving auto on/off
- Water resistant to 660 feet (200 M): suitable for recreational scuba diving
There is a newer style of this item:
This Casio G-Shock digital watch offers a stylishly rugged look, world-savvy features ideal for business or adventure, and a durable design. The watch's atomic timekeeping calibrates the displayed time with radio signals to ensure a high level of accuracy, and the tough solar power offers a battery life of approximately 11 months on full charge without further exposure to light. The watch is built with a round stainless steel bezel, stainless steel case, and a stylish stainless steel band with a fold-over push-button clasp. The digital window shows the time in a bold central display, with world time settings for up to 29 time zones (30 cities), daylight savings option, and a city code display. The digital window also conveniently shows the day of the week above and the month and date below, automatically pre-programmed through 2099. The battery power level and calibration signal reception are indicated on the sides. This watch also offers four daily alarms and one snooze alarm, a time recorder, a 1/100 second stopwatch function, and a handy automatic EL backlight with afterglow. Specially designed for shock resistance and water resistant up to 660 feet.
With the launch of its first watch in November 1974, Casio entered the wristwatch market at a time when the watch industry had just discovered digital technology. As a company with cutting-edge electronic technology developed for pocket calculators, Casio entered this field confident that it could develop timepieces that would lead the market.
Today, Casio is focusing its efforts on solar-powered radio-controlled watches: the built-in solar battery eliminates the nuisance of replacing batteries, atomic timekeeping means the users never have to reset the time. Recently, Casio launched a series of Bluetooth watches that sync to the users cell phone to automatically update the time. Casio is always moving time forward.
- Product Dimensions: 4.9 x 3.2 x 2.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8 ounces
- ASIN: B00134L8XU
- Item model number: MTG900DA-8V
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 2, 2003
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Casio|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Clasp||Fold-Over Push-Button Clasp with Safety|
|Case material||Stainless steel|
|Case diameter||44 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||17 millimeters|
|Band Material||Stainless steel|
|Band width||24 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel|
|Calendar||Day, date, and month|
|Special features||solar, Water Resistant, World time|
|Water resistant depth||660 Feet|
Top Customer Reviews
First, the things I really like about this watch are:
1) Because it sets itself off of the atomic clock in Denver every night, it is completely accurate - the longer I wear it, the more I find myself setting all the other clocks I use by this watch. As a reference, I live in Austin, TX and have never had a problem getting a signal - it also picked up the change in daylight savings when congress decided it needed to change the dates (thanks to the atomic clock).
2) The solar power is also a great feature, I've found that it sits on full power from about March through November each year. Once the days get noticeably shorter, it tends to settle on the second highest battery setting until spring. This doesn't impact the performance at all, but it does give me an idea how much sunlight I'm getting.
3) This thing is completely waterproof and very tough. Believe it or not, I actually throw it in the dishwasher when it gets dirty and it comes out sparkly clean. It's been through some beatings that would have completely destroyed pretty much any other watch and it still works perfectly.
4) I really love the auto-backlight feature. It's very convenient not to have to push any buttons to see the time at night.
5) I also like how easy it is to adjust the time by just changing the timezone whenever I travel.Read more ›
I bought this watch, grimacing at the price, just because it wasn't particularly ugly and had big digits, but it exceeded my meager expectations. The manual was a bit of a slog - it took about 20 minutes to read, but well worth it.
The features are outstanding - about 5 alarms, one of which can be set for snooze alarms, the expected stop watch, easy access to Greenwich Meridian Time, markers for noting times, a backlight, waterproof enough for scuba diving (not that I dive).
The special features include checking with a radio signal daily so the time is always correct (important for catching my buses and winning arguments about what time it really is), solar power (so run-down batteries should never be a problem), and backlighting that turns on when one turns one's wrist (surprisingly convenient). A nice touch is when one cycles back to the time, the watch gives a different unobtrusive beep.
There are other features available on other watches - tape recorders, flash drives, altimeters, compasses, but none that sound remotely useful in the long run.
I had to shorten the well-built wriststrap by 5 or 6 links, a little tricky, but any watch shop could do it in 5 minutes.Read more ›
Overall, I think it is a great timepiece, and I have never regretted buying mine. But, you will notice that I only gave it four stars, because like anything made by man, it isn't perfect. Here's the scoop:
1. Superb accuracy. I live near Atlanta, Georgia, which is probably close to the limit of this watch's radio reception range. But even here, my watch will sync with the atomic time station over 99% of the time. But as another reviewer said, you will probably have to experiment with locations within your house where you leave the watch for its overnight radio sync process.
2. Not just water-resistant, this thing is waterproof. I have worn mine while doing all kinds of nasty chores, including mowing, weeding and related dirty jobs. And when I get in the shower afterward, I just leave the watch on so that it gets a good clean-up, too. Never a problem.
3. Very tough. Again, I've worn mine doing some pretty harsh work, including using a chain-saw, axe and hammer. Never a problem.
4. The solar power is great. Some people may think that solar power is a gimmick, but here's the deal: since you should never have to replace a battery, your water-resistant (or waterproof) watch will stay that way. All my previous watches, including some pretty expensive ones, lost their water-resistance after they had a battery change. (Casio does say that their rechargeable batteries may need replacing some day, but mine are still going strong after more than four years.)
1. This watch is BIG.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great Watch. Have loved it! Charge is always at high. Time always perfect.Published 6 days ago by Mike
Great G-Skock.....excellent features...atomic time keeping..solar powered ...........and its a G-Shock!!!Published 4 months ago by WI-TOSA-TODD13
I really like this watch. The crystal is recessed and made of quartz. I have had it for about 2 years and have not scratched the crystal yet. Read morePublished 4 months ago by R.JMEHC
Solid watch. It's big and a bit heavy for some, but very durable. Completely waterproof. I've worn this in many pools, hot tubs, lakes, and oceans. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Alexis O.
I had this watch for several years. It works great! The only problem is that I live too far from the Atomic Synchronization antenna, so it basically never sync properly. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Earman
This was still works great and the man wearing it wears it daily and is VERY hands on and active. This watch has been all its described to be and I couldn't be happier!Published 11 months ago by Emily Lodge