BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 24, 2013
I've been wearing this every day for a week. It is my 5th G-Shock. Here are my first impressions. I will update this review later, as I notice more things. (although I already notice a lot, as I'm a watch collector)

+ Bracelet doesn't pull arm hairs. Center links are folded, outer edges are solid; I'm not sure how Casio does this!
+ Bracelet doesn't have a "tail" that comes untucked, like most G-Shocks
+ Solar/Atomic
+ Big main display
+ Useless Time Memo function is replaced by a useful Countdown Timer on this latest model
+ Nice bold, contrasty LCD segments
+ Prominent "radar dish" display at the bottom, to show that the watch radio-sync'd with the atomic clock the previous night.
+ Light button is convenient and serves only that purpose; it is never mixed up with any other button.
+ Bracelet and silver/gray color them dresses up this G-Shock to the point that it can be worn with business casual dress. Finally, I can wear a G-Shock to work, without feeling like some punk kid. ;)
+ Bracelet links are held in place with small spring bars, not friction pins like on most bracelets. This is very nice, as they will never accidentally loosen over time, and all that is needed to size the bracelet is a push pin or a small flat head jeweler's screwdriver. (just take care to trap the open end, so you don't fire it across the room or into your eye)

- Time of day is only displayed on the home screen and alarm screen. It should also be displayed in the bottom of the display for World Time, Stopwatch, and Timer screens, IMO.
- Champaign-colored parts that connect the watch head to the bracelet don't match either part. This is weird, but not a deal-killer for me.
- 'ADJUST' button requires a VERY hard, continued push to work.
- I would like to see the 'return to home' functionality re-introduced into Casio's modern digital watches. The old one, such as the CA53W calculator watch, and the 5600C G-Shock had this feature. How it works is that if one makes a change or uses one of the sub-features (for example, starting the stopwatch) then the next press of the MODE button takes me back to the home screen. This saves a lot of button-pushing! Casio should update the firmware to implement this and the time-of-day feature in future production.
55 comments| 159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2014
I love this watch. I've had this watch for almost 9 years. I wear my watches everywhere except the shower or swimming. Otherwise, it never leaves my wrist. I've never had to change a strap or battery in the past 9 years. Overtime the paint has worn, and its started to crack at the plastic, and some of the buttons have become difficult to press, but I think I've gotten my moneys worth out of it. So much so to replace it, I bought the same exact model! I did a side by side of the 9 year old and the new one for comparison. The new one feels ever so slightly lighter, but according to my postage scale they weigh nearly the same.
review image review image review image
11 comment| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2017
As a kid i would always wear a watch and think it was the coolest thing, i had the casio "Osama bin Laden" one, a complete classic with back light and all the simple stuff you really need, i was surprise to see they still sell it for $10 bucks brand new!.
It's been a long time since i bought a watch but with my new job, one would come in handy so i went with the mtg 900 mainly because of its features (atomic/solar/anti-shock/water resistant).
Let me tell you that so far i have been very pleased with it, when it arrived i checked the last time it had sync with a radio signal which was 9 months before it arrived and to my surprised it was just 15 seconds behind.
I tried to manually sync it with the radio signal but didn't work, i was worried i had faulty piece but it finally did yesterday in the middle of the night, i left the watch by the window with the 12 o'clock facing outside and it worked.
Now the only thing to see is how long it will last but so far i can't ask for anything else, it does what i need it to do and i dont have to worry about batteries or setting its time. Highly recommend it.
review image review image review image
on February 27, 2016
Great watch, love that it puts itself in battery saver mode when I'm not wearing it. Only complaint is when you receive the watch plan on getting links taken out of it. I had Walmart take the links out for me for free, which I regret because now there is a pin in one of the links that keeps working its way out of the link and I gotta keep pushing it back in place. TAKE IT TO A JEWELER TO GET LINKS OUT IF NEEDED! Other than that, its a beautiful watch
Update 3/25/16: Went to jeweler and had that pin that keeps working its way out fixed. So with that fixed and 6 links removed (I'm a skinny guy if you couldn't tell, lol), and now I'm 100% in love with this watch!!
on December 24, 2015
Pros:

- Build quality is excellent for price point, feels very well made, mineral crystal, stainless steel

- This 46 MM bezel is the PERFECT Size, this watch is not obtrusive in anyway. NO HOCKEY PUCK ON YOUR WRIST

- The three fold clasp design, use the edge release buttons to open and close clasp, Do Not Push into place with pin snap.Will prolong clasp life

Cons:
- Side buttons require a little more effort to push, don't know if a purpose Casio engineers opted for.

- Silver battery strength "loop" looks a little distracting, it is better to see than next model down, with a micro silver circle, I think an easy toggle mode to show battery charge, But in fairness, the "loop" is better then former model with a distracting 4-6 o'clock edge tab.

- Former same models have stainless steel clasp latch, this model Casio saves money by spray painting silver.

Lastly, this is a great overall watch, no it will never be a slimline Movado but that is reason Military, Law Enforcement, Fire Fighters and EMS buy these watches.

I would NOT attempt to remove links unless you like scratching or damaging your watch, It took a local jeweler, about 15 minutes and $3 total cost to ensure it was a great fit, a good patient jeweler will have you try it on after removing ONE link at a time. Shop around to make sure you don't spend $12-20 for link(s) removal.
on May 31, 2017
This is the first metallic Casio I have ever owned. I have owned and sworn by their solar digitals for years and I need the multi alarm. Casio has always fit the bill. This time, I ran into the not unexpected task of removing four links before it would fit correctly. After the ARDUOUS task of removing (Consider buying a tool if they make one) the links, I was happy that I removed the correct number because it's hard to tell how many you need to remove.

The band fits perfectly and is more comfortable than my plastic ones were although this watch is considerably heavier than the plastic ones. You set it the same way as the plastic ones too. Ant it looks really nice!
on September 25, 2017
The watch looks a lot classier in person. The picture doesn't really do it justice. I had reservations. I thought the display looked more like a child's watch. I was very wrong. If you are familiar with G-Shocks it's easy to set and use. The sleep mode will really prolong the battery. This is my second solar powered G-Shock. The band is huge. Most people will probably need to remove a link or two. My wrist is 81/2 inches. I took out 2 links so it would fit properly. If you plan on doing it yourself you'll need small tools and a lot of patience. That was a minor thing. A great watch at an affordable price.
on July 27, 2015
Overall, I am very pleased with the watch. It has all of the main features I needed, plus the solar recharge and "atomic" (i.e. WWV) time update functions. Two nit-picky complaints: 1. If you use one of the secondary functions like stopwatch or countdown timer, my old G-Shock would go straight back to normal time display with one press of the mode button. This one requires you to cycle time/alarm/stopwatch/countdown and won't shortcut back if you used the stopwatch. 2. My old G-Shock would display the current time of day in the small digits under the main display when you were in the countdown timer mode. This one puts the countdown start value there. Petty complaints. The solar recharge seems to work well with a couple of hours outdoors. We'll see what happens in the winter when I'm inside all of the time. The automatic time update is a bit hit or miss but I'm used to the WWV signals being fairly weak so as long as it updates once a week or so, it'll still be the most accurate watch I've owned. I like that the bezel extends up above the crystal...should keep it from getting scratched or cracked.
on April 29, 2014
This is almost the perfect watch for me. The dial is legible. However, slightly better contrast of the dial and digits in dimmer lighting (without using the backlight) would have elevated this watch to another level. The MTGM900DA-8 feels solid and the timekeeping is flawless. It is one of the more attractive G Shocks. It goes with anything to wear other than black tie formal. The alarm chirps loud. All functions work as advertised. The band was easy to adjust. The band adjustment could be tricky, if you have not done this before. People with experience always say it's easy. Just take a watch spring bar tool with the fork end (there is a smaller fork when unscrewed from the base. It flips over. Do not use the punch end of the spring bar tool) and pull the sping bar down in the direction of the arrows on the band. The link will drop off. Do this with a white towel underneath. If one of those spring bars get away, you may never find it. Be sure to use the small forked end of the spring bar tool (can purchase one on Amazon for about $2, I think). I have a number of watches, but wear this one practically everyday. This watch is not nearly as heavy as most of my watches, but it has weight and is solid. I feel confident with it on. It ticks to the second with the atomic clock. I set my other timepieces by this watch. I enjoy wearing it. The band does not rattle. The watch syncs on my night stand across the room from the window.

Touch the image to zoom in

Casio
Casio Men's GW6900-1 Tough Solar "G-Shock" Atomic Digital Sport Watch
239 customer reviews
List Price: $130.00
Price: $83.77 & FREE Shipping. FREE Returns. Details
You Save: $46.23 (36%)
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Want it Thursday, May 1? Order within 17 hrs 35 mins and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details
Warranty: Casio 1-year warranty
Sporty and utilitarian, this Casio watch features a versatile design replete with the best in timepiece technology, including solar power, G-Shock shock resistance ,and multi-band 6 atomic timekeeping.
Japanese Quartz movement with digital display
Features LED backlight, world time, daily alarm with snooze, 12- and 24-hour formats
Water-resistant to 200 m (660 feet)
The Casio Watch Store
See the latest watches from Casio and shop by new arrivals, best sellers, classic styles, and more. Shop the Casio store.
Qty:

48 used & new from $77.13
Have one to sell?
Sell on Amazon
on January 21, 2016
After owning an earlier version of this watch for years it was time to look for a new one. The band on my old one was falling apart, the plastic was becoming brittle, and it just wasn't looking too good. Like I said, I owned this watch for years and wore it everyday to work and play. The watch keeps absolutely perfect time, and has a solar battery that kept charged all those years. When I decided to get a new watch the choice was a clear one. Buy the same watch that had served me flawlessly for all those years. I found this watch, which is an updated version of my old one. The watch has the same Atomic Clock interface as the older version that ensures that the time is always spot on. The solar battery feature is still there and the watch still has that same rugged feel as the older one. The crystal is recessed so that accidental bumps do not damage it. My old watch was similar and the crystal on it has no scratches despite being used everyday for years. I just adjusted the band on the new watch by pulling out a link, and it fits perfectly. I would recommend that if you purchase this watch you go to Casio's website and download the pdf file for the instructions. The little manual they provide with the watch is very hard to read and the ability to zoom in on the pdf file makes learning the functions and features of this watch so much easier. I would buy this watch again in a heartbeat, and using my Amazon points to reduce the price made it more affordable. You might pay more for this watch but, if my experience is any indication, it will last you for years.