Customer Reviews: Casio Men's MTP3050D-2AV Classic 10-Year Battery Stainless Steel Dress Watch
4-month subscription Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Elvis Presley Shop Cycling on Amazon Save on select ClickTight convertible car seats

on June 4, 2009
I bought mine in Walmart 4 years ago. I just loved the design. Very balanced, reach blue color of dial, no tacky extras. Exactly what I wanted. I was surprised how low the price of the watch was.

Bracelet. After 4 years the stainless steel bracelet still looks really great.

Case. The watch case is made out of stainless steel. It is made out of another metal (like brass) covered by a layer of what looks like stainless steel. But I discovered this ONLY after 3 years of daily use! The upper layer was worn out in few places, mostly at the bottom edges. Not very visible though.

Glass. For four years the glass picked up absolutely no scratches! Even though I have hit it few times.

Battery. I changed the battery after 3 years. I do not know why this happened, maybe it was on sale too long. Anyway Walmart did that for free, I just payed for a new battery. This might be my watch only.

It goes with everything, either t-shirt or jacket. I am glad I found it on Amazon and I am going to buy another one. I recently bought Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Perpetual Calendar Watch #BL8000-54L" for more then $300. I looks really good, but I still gladly use my old Casio for every day. If it picks up stretches in few years, I really do not care. I can always buy a new one for less then $30! $10/year - sounds like a great deal for me.

Even though the case does not last long, I am still giving 5 stars because at this price it is really not a problem.

Updated August 2009: just bought from Amazon to replace my old ones. Very happy! I had a little problem adjusting the bracelet. Until I googled it and found many detailed pictures and videos. It was easy.
44 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2010
I have one of this three years ago and I am very happy with it. The bracelet maintains its color. I bought on Oct. 2008

Here again (15-abr-13)
I am still happy with my watch, five years ago that I bought it and it is working like the first day!

I have almost seven years with this watch, and It's working fine, using the original battery.

22 Jan 2016
After almost 8 years of use, the battery died, the watch says 10 years. In summary I think it is a good product and I recomend it.
review image
on August 25, 2010
I purchased this watch on a deal-a-day site about 6 months ago and wear it several times a week. It is a great watch. It looks good and at 40 mm, the case doesn't look too big on my smaller wrist. It's nice enough to wear for a dressier occasion, but rugged enough to wear on a day to day basis. It would have been nice to have a light or luminous hands or dial to read in the dark, but at the price I payed, I can't complain.
on June 1, 2012
Overall, it's a nice watch but, the one I received has some scratches in the back, it seems that it was done when they try to replace the battery, that why I took two stars.It seems also working well for now.
review image
on October 25, 2010
This is a great watch. The only problem is My battery quit after 3 years even though it has the 10 year battery statement, other than that it is well worth the money.
on April 20, 2012
3.5 stars
In my mind this watch resembles a Seiko, but at $25 I can wear it for work (which is its intended purpose).

The details are a little cheap-looking, but I was not expecting much... knocked it down a star for a few unnecessary details that I would like see eliminated (e.g., "10 yr. battery" written on face, and faux rivets on edge). From a distance it looks nice though.

I have about a 7" wrist, and this is the smallest face/band that I would want to wear. I prefer I larger face and band which is why I knocked it down another 1/2 star.

The watch claims a ten years battery. If the battery lasts 2 years I will be happy with this purchase.

Sep. 09, 2013 - still working.

March 2014 - takes a lick in' keeps on tick in'. Still working well. Would recommend. Bumped up half star for reliability.

Dec. 2014- abused daily at work. Still going!

April 2015:
Watch still running strong, but pin on band just broke and band fell off wrist. not bad for $25 watch, but time to replace now.
on October 16, 2012
came really quick, but the band was really big i had to take three links out and it looked good in the picture but it feels and looks very cheap, but for twenty bucks what can i except. it runs slow constantly resetting the time...bottom line i wouldnt recomend it
on December 2, 2015
I like to get a new, inexpensive watch every now and then, just to have something new and different to wear. So, over the years I have owned quite a few wrist watches. For what I paid for it, this Casio is about the best yet--it is very attractive (in my opinion) and if it is not closely scrutinized, it looks to be a lot more expensive than it is. The watch itself is excellent. Now.....about the band. The band is really big. Your wrist would have to be about the size of your ankle to match the size of the band. Okay, so the band needs to be adjusted. So what? So this--the band is fiendishly difficult to work with! Remember, I said I have owned lots of different watches and none of them, not ONE of them, was nearly, not-anywhere-close to being as hard to deal with as this one. I found a brief video on YouTube that gave me enough info to get started, but by the time I was done improvising, my desk was covered with tools of all sorts, including, mind you, a hammer. Wrapping this up, let me say that I finally accomplished the chore, the band fits well, and I am very pleased with my new Casio. If you aren't somewhat skilled in the used of small hand tools, and don't know someone who is, it is possible that you will have to take this to a jewelry/watch store for help. And there goes your savings. I cannot understand how a company that makes as many watches as Casio can justify using such crazy-ridiculous bands as these. User-friendly they ain't. User-unfriendly for sure.
on October 6, 2016
My new favorite watch....just the right look, heft, feel & function perfectly merged.

The tough bracelet has just the right tension on my wrist. Stays tight even during vigorous workouts.

(I did have to remove 3 links to size it right, not too hard & tutorials on YouTube guided me...)

This watch neatly divides between 'dress watch' and 'sport watch' - it's both, really. So if you have to have just one watch to fulfill both dressy and sporty occasions, this won't be out of place in either case.

The blue face color contrasts nicely with the medium silver case, and speaking of that, the case & bracelet quality screams 'nice, expensive', yet it's just $20 - amazing.

The accuracy of the movement is stellar - spot on after 3 months of use. And with a 10 year battery, and no possible 'battery overuse' gizmos like watch light, etc, it should live up to the 10 year billing.

Confession: I hate scratches on watch crystals !

Worthy of note, the face is protected by a tough mineral crystal, that is recessed a couple mm so the surrounding rim is higher, and thus it's protected from scratches.

Case in point: I have worn this watch now going on 3 months daily, for my daily work, to church, to business meetings, casual affairs, yard work, car work, everything - not a single scratch yet - bravo, Casio.

I bought another Casio Sport watch here that gets a new scratch every other wearing - as it's crystal is soft & vulnerable - raised so it's the first point of contact. Bad Design !

I also love the simplicity of this watch. After super multi-function digital gee-wow watches, this one is a breath of fresh air in it's beautiful simplicty: It just displays the exact time & date, period !

(We have our smartphones for more advanced stuff, right ?)

How Casio can make & sell a watch of this style, materials & function, for $20, is beyond me.

Now, what's not to like ? A couple of minor gripes - and areas for improvement, if Casio is listening:

The watch hands can be hard to make out in **some** lighting conditions - having some outlining paint on them should help them stand out more. (and no, they're not luminecent)

A 'diopter - magnifier' on the crystal face, over the date, to enlarge the date appearance, (would help those of us over 50 years !)

Maybe also offer it in different face colors - gold, burgundy, etc.

But these are the only areas to improve that would be fairly easy to implement & not detract at all from the already excellent style or appearance, just improve function slightly.

So, Casio, please keep making this watch !
on October 31, 2013
Nice watch and nice band. The push button clasp works very well. Taking links out took some persistence. Using a nail and tapping it with a hammer did the trick. Took out 2 links and the band fits just right. Date still not quite right. By late afternoon the next day's date appears. I'll work on that.