Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Price:$15.00 - $45.00

Showing 1-10 of 1,364 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,450 reviews
on March 8, 2015
I set this watch 16 days ago and began wearing it. Since that time, it has gained nearly :04 seconds. The small analog display on the top right is next to useless. As another reviewer suggested, the advertisement display had to have been digitally enhanced because the the extremely thin lines indicating the clock hands are just barely visible. This makes the feature virtually useless to me except, possibly, in highly ideal light conditions. The very small world map display is even less useful. I cannot distinguish the zone delineation without a magnifying glass. Overall, having the black displays on a gray background is poorly planned.

Due to the many features of this watch, setting it is somewhat complex. The buttons are sensitive, and unintended pressure against your wrist as you move your hand will sometimes change the display; that has proven to be annoying. If you are in dim light, or need to use the illumination button, the viewing angle is very restrictive. Overall, this device is not particularly user friendly, in my opinion.

Take note: The description speaks of a 10 year battery life. This is FALSE. To explain, I will post the following quote from the included manual.
"Battery: lithium battery Type CR2025. Approximately 10 years lifespan based upon 10 seconds of alarm operation and 1.5 seconds of illumination per day.

***Initial Battery: The battery that comes loaded in your watch when you purchase it is used for function and performance testing at the factory. THIS TYPE OF TEST BATTERY MAY GO DEAD QUICKER THAN THE NORMALLY RATED BATTERY LIFE AS NOTED IN THE USER'S GUIDE. YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR REPLACEMENT OF THIS BATTERY EVEIN IF REPLACEMENT IS REQUIRED WITHIN THE WATCH'S WARRANTY PERIOD."
on December 31, 2014
Fantastic watch, overall; I bought it mostly because I liked the amount of noise on the watch face. I mean, what the hell is the point of the time zone indicator or the digital analog clock face? Kind of a waste of LCD, if you think about it, but it looked kind of neat, so I bought it. That horizontal line at the top-left is where various states, such as "ALM" (alarm), are displayed. And rest assured: for all the functions the watch has, switching between them is simple. You don't have to cycle through all five alarms while changing modes; you use the "search" button to switch between alarms and time zones and other extensive lists. The main mode and world time mode are separate, but the main mode lets you select a fixed number of cities that you can then switch between easily. Perhaps too easily, to be honest, but I don't see it really being a problem.

The watch looks fantastic in person, if that was your concern. It actually looks much more like plastic in the photo than on my wrist; it's smooth and charming even up close. The wrist strap could be better, but it doesn't pull hair like some and it won't get damp and stinky like others, so that's good. The only bad feature is the light, which is a single bulb in the bottom-right corner of the watch. It's the most hideous, cheap-looking lighting fixture I've ever seen in a watch, and it only stays lit for a single second (you can change it to three seconds in one of the mode settings, which will otherwise totally confuse you when you see it because you'll have no idea what mode could possible have settings "1" or "3"). Regardless of the light duration you select, it *will not* remain lit when you hold the light button, or even if you repeatedly press it. In order to get another full second (or three) of lighting, you must wait for the light to disengage, and then press the button again.

That said, I'm still very happy with this watch, overall. No one needs to see how junky the light is but me, so everyone else can just be amazed by my funky space watch with weather maps and a strange digital dial. We'll see if it lives up to this "ten year battery life" promise, or if it dies or breaks long before then.
on July 30, 2010
An excellent watch for people who do sports or who travel. As it can resist up to 10 atmospheres and 100 meters (about 330 feet) water resistance. You can wear this watch during rain, windsurfing, swimming and other instances.

I personally like this watch, because it looks great (especially with this world map). Plus there is also an analog dial screen for those who like analog screens. The watch has 5 alarms, stopwatch, and world time (which is an excellent tool for travelers or people who have relatives or friends in other countries). An the last, this watch is very light weight, so after some time you will not even notice if it is on your arm.

Overall, this is a great watch, I give it an A+.
11 comment| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2010
I'm a backpacker trekking the globe several times a year. I wanted to get an economically priced sports watch that would help me with a few things:

Alarm - so I don't miss flights in foreign countries
Local time - for whichever country I'm in
Multiple global time zones - for when hopping from one country to another
Water resistance - for those lazy, or sporty, days in tropical waters
Low price point - so if I get mugged as I did in Bogota, it wouldn't totally ruin my day.

I did the usual searches on Amazon: sports watch, travel watch, etc. Did not see this watch, and almost bought another watch that I did not quite like. And then this one appeared under a "People who looked at this, also looked at these" suggestion.

Bam. Exactly what I wanted. Now that I've received the watch, I tried doing a search for this watch to help other readers in their searches.

If you do:
Watches > Sport Watches > Casio > Prime Eligible > Under $50
It'll appear as #73 (today) ! And that's just looking at Casios. Forget about if you were looking at the entire database of sports watches under $50.

It does all the things laid out in my objectives. The alarm can be a daily alarm or a one-time alarm. I like that, since the one time alarm will disable itself.

Cool features:

1. You can set the LOCAL time for your country/city (or wherever you happen to be) under T-1.
Then you can choose to store 3 other cities/countries, and it will automatically show the time for those selections saved under T-2, T-3 and T-4.

The watch can show the current time in 48 cities (31 time zones) around the world, and you can easily scroll through all the zones and set any city as T1, T2, T3, T4.

For example, I live in California and will be traveling to Asia in a few days, and have currently set LA as my T-1. I have chosen Hongkong, Bangkok, and Delhi as my T2-4, and it automatically shows me the time for those cities by pressing a button. Time zones are calculated on the UTC format - Universal Time Coordinated - so you'll always have the right world time anywhere.

Time Swapping: When I get to HongKong, I'll make it my T1 because I want to be on local time (simply by first selecting T2 which is my current HongKong setting, and then pressing 2 buttons simultaneously to convert HongKong to T1. It then makes LA my T2. You get the drift). Similarly, when I'm in Thailand, I'll make BKK (Bangkok time zone) my T1.

The map is cool, as it shades the time zone you are viewing.

2. The digital display shows you the time, day and date. The analog display (circle) shows the time as if in an analog watch.

3. It has the usual sports watch features: stopwatch, countdown timer.

I would have given the watch 5 stars if:

1. It had looked even cooler: they should have made the face (or base background) white instead of gray. Then things would have stood out more, and the watch would have looked classier as well. The picture makes the face look bright and almost bluish white. Far from it! It's a dull, boring gray. When in a room with the shades shut during the day, it can be hard to read the time since the black digits are hard to see against the dark background. Casio, please stop photoshopping your product images.

2. The analog hands in the little analog cirlce were not black. They are and they blend in with the '+' sign that delineates the quadrants, when at the 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions. They should have made the hands red or something. Go for broke...colors should pop.

Conclusion:
Overall, a cool, and light, traveler's watch for only $24, but with a gray face color. Or go with some nice ones in the $40-60 range.
33 comments| 217 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2017
Awesome watch for the price. Great brand and trusted device for 10 years. That's incredible considering the electronic smart watches which deliberately cuts features to include them iteratively and sell them in forthcoming years as newer versions swindling our hard earned money by showing us as out dated and old fashioned laggards. Thank you Amazon for keeping them alive and floating.
on October 2, 2012
Hey folks,

I just receive this item I bought, I must say, it was packed properly, after a physical examination, I must say the watch was received in good condition. Looked like it came right off the store glass case.

When I received the email from Amazon about the deals on the watched, I couldn't believe it. Its rugged, light, very durable band, features are great and simple to use with a simple display of the time.

I will strongly recommend for those who are looking for quality and quantity in a watch. Its cheap, worth the bucks and could be worn with anything. Both causal and informal.

I will recommend the watch for those who looking for a watch and can afford it, its not pricy and its a steal of a deal.

So its been a month and two weeks and the digits are all dim and faded. I visited a certified watch dealer in the area, asked him to have a look at it. its not the battery but manufacture defect. I tried contacting Amazon to have the item reshipped but no luck. Peeps please be careful . Hope no one gets caught in the shit I found myself in.
on November 25, 2016
I just got the product, but I asked for an adult watch and I got a child's watch. Small is not the one I asked for. It is very small and I ordered a big clock. He deceived me by misleading advertising.
on September 1, 2013
For $16.00 this watch is everything I wanted. It keeps time, it's cheap, and it has an alarm. It wasn't too confusing to set up, just read the instructions. As far as the watch itself, the little map is pointless as is the circle thing to the right of it, but who cares as at this price, it just don't matter.
on January 6, 2015
If you need a chronometer that can go over 10 hours, and use a stopwatch while you swim at the pool as a bonus, I recommend you this one. I had to buy a new one because my previous Casio wristwatch broke down after 5 years.
on July 11, 2015
Had one of these (slightly different model) for about 5 years before I managed to kill it.

Definitely worth the price, and the multi-timezone function works well for the areas I usually fly out to.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.