Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Men's AW80V-5BV
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Price:$19.94 - $66.87

on December 24, 2007
I bought this watch as I was looking to replace an old dual analog / digital Casio I had had for over 10 years. The new one looks sharper and has more features, though it is a bit thicker. I really like that the hands glow in the dark, and have found even several hours later I can still read the time in the dark. Instructions were a bit hard to read in the enclosed booklet so I downloaded a 3 page PDF summary from the Casio home page. Quite like that I can see the time and the day / date of week at a glance and then switch and change to see a different time zone that I am currently visiting.
on March 25, 2009
For the experienced traveler an excellent value at $21 for the following reasons:

1. Easier to set than my much more expensive Seiko and Nike watches
2. Has more world time zones than my Seiko watch
2. Very comfortable strap that can be precisely adjusted for the swelling of the wrist in hot climates.
3., Rugged yet quite good looking,
4. Not bulky or heavy
5 .With 10 year battery you don't have to worry about the watch stopping abroad in remote areas .This has happened to me before with other batteries,

I will be taking this watch with me to the Himalayas this summer!
on March 20, 2011
I received this watch on the date it was supposed to be delivered. Good stuff. This watch has a very sophisticated outdoors look to it. The numbering font and colors are great too. I have had it for a few days now and have played with the time, stopwatch, world time, timer, and the alarm clock on it and all are pretty neat. The watch has a velcro strap and fits pretty nicely.

The reason I am leaving 4 stars instead of 5 is because of the light in this bad boy. Dont get me wrong, its great. There are 2 little led's on each side of the watch. The only reason why I am leaving 4 stars is because when I was reading the manual, I saw that if you push the light button ONLY ONCE a day, it will shorten the battery life from 10 years til about 5 or 6 years and ONLY 3 YEARS if you push it more than once a day. Now, I had pushed that L.E.D. button like a kid in a candy shop when i first put the watch on. I went into my bathroom and turned all the lights out and tried the led out about 20 times or so, all before reading the manual. If you want a watch that will last 10 years. RARELY use the built in light.

Peace.
44 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2012
I bought this watch when I was working as a high altitude water rescue supervisor. I know, sounds fake right? Well it's a real job with real danger and a lot of rough environments. I needed a watch for the summer that would keep time, stay on my wrist, and keep water out. This watch did it all.

I chose the Velcro strap because it is fast to get on and fast to get off if I needed to. I am also not a fan of big bulky watch heads. This one is slim and doesn't pinch my wrist every time I move my hand. The construction is super sturdy and reliable for both the head and band.

Even after the summer I kept using the watch because it worked so well. With 3 alarms, a optional hourly chime, and both standard and zulu time (24-hour clock) I was happy with it. I prefer the 24-hour digital clock display because that is what I used on the job, but you can easily switch between them with the push of a button.

The analog clock is a little tedious to set up. If you like having a synchronized digital and analog read out like me then this is perfect for you. If not, the analog portion makes you look smart and sophisticated while the digital read out makes life easier for you. The watch cover is seemingly scratch proof. I have banged it up so many times while on the job and I can hardly find any scratches on the surface.

It comes with world times for all time zones which, while not really important for my needs, was still cool to have. I love Casio time pieces and this watch is great. Nothing about this watch feels or works cheap. It is great for a fancy dinner party and for work.

Definitely 5/5 stars. Should I ever need to buy another watch it will be a Casio. An amazing deal for a durable and user friendly time piece.
on November 16, 2009
I own four different Casio watches. I needed one to wear when shooting sports photography, where a heavier watch, with protruding buttons and dials and metal straps or clasps would be a problem since they tend to get caught on the various straps and other bits on the camera system I use. Since I work with international photo agencies, on very strict deadlines, it also had to have a world-time function. I also prefer an analog face. This watch fit every need perfectly. It's feather-light, with a fabric and Velcro strap, and no protruding buttons or dials. It's got a complete and simple world-time function. And I have to repeat; it is both comfortable and LIGHTWEIGHT! I often forget I have it on. It looks good, too. And all this for about $20! Amazing. I'd buy one again in a second.
on June 20, 2010
i was looking for a watch that gave me a clear reading of the day/date/time, regardless of the light. i was also interested in the timer function (useful for things i do at work in the laboratory). while it's not a bad looking watch, and is light and comfortable for my small wrist (thus 2 stars and not 1), functionally it has some design flaws.

the biggest issue i have is that the minute/hour hands will interfere with your ability to see the digital display. this happens for about 15-20 minutes of every hour (imagine the minute hand in front of the LCD). then there's the whole 5 o'clock to 7 o'clock period when the hour hand is constantly in front of the LCD. a big problem if you're interested in the information presented on the LCD (i.e., everything but the time).

i think i saw this mentioned in other reviews, but the light is pretty weak. it's certainly no indiglo. if you want a watch that you can read in the dark, opt for an indiglo watch.

other issues include: kind of a pain in the neck to set the analog time (there's no traditional knob; you have to use the buttons to move through the time); figuring out how to set the time and timer and everything else is not intuitive and actually requires the manual (unlike timex watches which are very easy and even give you onscreen instructions); the numbers on the digital display are small and not so easy to read.
11 comment| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2011
Well, I bought this watch solely for the way it looks and of course the low price. Honestly, I'm just little disappointed with how it looks in person. The casing is a little more gold/copper/metallic than the matte brown I was, for some reason, expecting. The size is ideal. I wish the velcro was the same color as the tan woven band and not black.

As for all the reviews mentioning how hard it is to set, or the directions being microscopic... The directions are exactly the same as every other watch I've ever bought. Tiny font in multiple languages. It is set the same way as another Casio watch I have, and a relative's watch I helped set over Christmas. The A(top left), B(top right), C(bottom left), D(bottom right). I had it set in under 3mins. Now the analog hands don't automatically move into position when you set the digital time, like my other Casio, which is a great feature since the only way you can set the analog hands on this one is to hold down D (forward only). Although, you can push B and D simultaneously to watch the hands click forward by themselves - then press any button to stop it.

Now, my big complaint is there is absolutely no reason for the ILLUMINATOR light. The digital portion does not light up when this button is pressed. The hands glow in the dark, so the only thing the light is illuminating is the numbers around the dial. Pretty dumb. Anyone who is telling time using the analog hands can tell time without the need of numbers.

The price was right. The woven band is a nice change from rubber or stainless steel. It is comfortable and I think it will be a great everyday watch.
on September 3, 2013
I purchased this watch in Feb 2012, so roughly six months ago. I admittedly wasn't all that gentle with it, as I am an outdoor enthusiast and like my gear to be just as tough as I am. I thought this fit the bill, but I was wrong. First, you really need to have the manual with you at all times, since its not intuitive. Simple things like setting the alarm or changing timezones TOOK FOREVER to figure out. So annoying.

But more importantly, and why I gave it a 1 star, is that the one of the four exterior buttons completely jammed. Its pushed in and won't pop back out. Can't use the watch now, since that button controls many of the functions.

Bottom line, a poor design.
on April 18, 2007
This watch is less than what costs for a replacement battery - but this one comes with a 10 year battery life, global time, chronograph and some data storage. What more can you ask for under $20?!

Great back up watch. The plastic 'watch glass' can easily get scratched.
on March 6, 2011
Used this watch for more than 5 years. It showed normal wear & tear but its brownish tone does a good job hiding them, unless you look very carefully. The strap can get dirty fast, but it is easily washable. Despite the availability of smart phones around, you might find a couple of situations where its databank comes in handy. It gave it 4 stars only because of the difficulty in setting the analog time, which is slow and unidirectional. Other than that, I was very happy with this watch. Strongly recommended.