Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on November 16, 2017
Just received the watch a couple days ago. I like the looks of it and most functions are easy to start, ie:timer, stop watch, and so on. Buy big drawback to me is the dials of the clock face blend into the watch and are hard to see without staring to see the dials. I also thought it had a second dial arm, - NOT. The other drawback is the so called light. Its very dim and golden in color from the side of the watch face and does NOT really light up the dial face well or the date area at all! Not very good. It states a ten (10) year battery, I guess we will see that is if the rest of it survives. I am not sure I will keep this watch and continue to look for one with the dial and other info easily seen, night or day.
on December 22, 2014
review image
on February 11, 2014
I am not pleased with this product. After about six months I had to send it in for warranty work because the mode buttons were sticking and the watch would not respond to any of the buttons. I had been swimming/snorkeling in saltwater and I rinsed with fresh water every time. I had to pay to send for repair; the watch turn around time was a bout six weeks; but 90 days later the watch failed again; I returned it for repair. Six weeks turn around time again. At this point I have doubled my investment in the watch (postage).
The watch failed again about 90 days after the last return. I have purchased a new watch, not a casio.
on May 8, 2013
The AW18D-2AV appears to be built well, considering its low cost. The yellow LED illumination works okay, but could be much better. It's bright enough to see the hands on the analog watch, but there is no backlighting on the digital screen, so that is difficult to see at night. The watch case is plastic, but seems sturdy. I suspect the silver paint will eventually start to wear off, but I didn't buy this for style. The case back and wrist strap are stainless steel, so that's a plus. In short, it seems like a great watch for the purpose for which I bought it... A watch that's inexpensive, accurate, fairly rugged, and won't instill a great sense of loss when I eventually accidentally scratch, crush, or lose it.
on April 8, 2011
This is a nice-looking, inexpensive watch but Casio's stainless-steel watchband is very hard to downsize by removing links. Unless you have a really large wrist you'll probably have to take it to a jeweler to remove the flat, narrow pins that hold the links together. There are no instructions in the Casio documentation for removing links from the band. There are instructions for removing links on the web, but its a klutzy, kludgy task. The tool used to remove round-pin links does not work with Casio links.

The digital display on this watch is small but the digits display on a light-gray background that helps. The light for night-time use is a small, white-light LED mounted on opposite sides of its face, not the glowing-background type.

If I could re-size the band myself, I'd keep this watch, given its low price. But it's unwearable as is, so I'll send it back rather than have it cluttering my space.
on May 14, 2014
I bought this watch over four years ago. I like it. I prefer analog hands for the time and like being able to see the day & date & this watch fits the bill. It's missing a sweep second hand - but there's a digital stopwatch for when I need to keep track of seconds. It works fine. Have never needed to change the battery (it claims it will work for 10 years - so far, so good). My only complaint is that the metallic finish on the case has worn off - so it looks now like cheap plastic, particularly in bright sunlight. But for everyday, comfortable & reliable time telling - it's great.

UPDATE: at 5.5 years the battery died. I swapped in one I'd had on my shelf for a while - died in a week. Tried another - died in a week. Bought a new one - died after two weeks. Bought a name brand new one (Eveready) - lasted a month. So the lifetime is about half of the advertised 10 years in this one example. I don't know why a new battery won't last more than a month... Maybe some flaw has developed that uses a lot of energy. I'm in the market for a new watch...
on December 16, 2013
Good price but caveats.
Pros, Databank, Mineral Crystal, Dual time, Alarms and all feature, and price.
Cons: The band is cheap even though it is stainless. The band catches my hair on my wrist and when I take
off the watch, it pulls them out. OUCH!!!. This watch band was nearly impossible to adjust. The press in links were in so
tight I had to make a tool to press them out. It took me 1.5 hours to remove and I am a skilled mechanic and do watch repair.
I had to repair the problems to get the band back together the correct size.
Also, I need glasses. The minute hand is hard to see without my glasses. The hour hand is just fine.
The case is resin/plastic. If not taken care of very carefully, the plastic breaks and the band no longer stays in place.
I put some electrical tape on the inside of the watch band to stop the watch from grabbing my hair and pulling them out.
This is my second databank watch. The other watch had the same problem with the band.
on June 2, 2016
I really like the watch; however, it has a weakness in that the band connects to a plastic part of the body and will fail if too much stress is applied by the band. This is the second of this series that I have purchased because of the band/case failure of the first. Just be careful that the band is not too tight so flexing of the wrist does not stress the band. Second, the light is insufficient to see the time at night. However, the attractive features and the price in my mind off set the weaknesses so I have purchased another one.
Top Contributor: Makeupon December 28, 2014
Great watch at a great price! I love that the battery will last 10yrs. It has so many functions and we haven't figured out how to use them all yet, like the note taking. We had to take a link out so had a company do that locally but online I've seen videos of how to do this on your own. It was too hard for me to move the part I needed to so that's why we had someone else to it. Great watch!!!
on June 11, 2013
I have three other watches that were much more expensive, and therefore I hate to wear them for everyday use. When I fell in our swimming pool while wearing one of them (it was not damaged) I decided it was time to get cheaper watch for everyday wear! I like an analog watch for basic timekeeping, but prefer a digital display for other timing functions, such as stopwatch and countdown timer. This watch provides the best of both worlds. The analog hands are easy to see--even in the dark--and the other timing functions are easy to access in digital mode. What's more, both the case and band are stainless steel, which is much more rugged than the base metal or plastic used in most inexpensive watches. So far, I've found this to be an amazing value for the price.

The only negative I could find is that the alarm is very hard to hear, so don't expect it to wake you up. Also, this watch packs a lot of features, so be prepared to spend some time studying the manual.