Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

Although the AWG-M100SB-2AJF is a bit more expensive than this model... it is otherwise literally the EXACT same watch as this, except for one very important thing: The hour hand on the 2AJF is white not red. That means both the hour and minute hand on the 2AJF is infinitely more readable in low light! Zero difference between this version and the 2AJF version, other than the hour hand color and the background face color. But that hour hand being readable makes all the difference in the world! This one is a great backup for me if the 2AJF ever fails... but that hour hand was killing me
on November 10, 2014
I've always been a watch wearer. I'm the type of watch wearer that once I put it on, I will never take it off until it breaks.
From when I was young it was so. I'm also not gentle with them. What I mean is, I don't take note of the watch, it becomes a part of my wrist and it will be knocked against surfaces - like opening doors, showering, washing dishes, playing sports - I don't take it off and I don't try to evade contact because a watch is on my wrist.

Now with that said, I've been wearing this watch for months and it's holding up VERY nicely. I didn't take it off when doing any of the above. I also spent a month helping my dad renovate a store and wore it as I painted, hammered, and sawed wood.The watch is still working perfectly and no scratch on the face of it.

I also have to mention, that due to past issues with me having to get new watches: battery dies, it breaks, or not keep time. I also stopped wearing a watch for 7 years since the last one broke.
When I finally decided I should wear a watch again... I wanted a tough watch, I wanted to make sure not to have those issues again, mostly the battery running out.
So, I picked this watch with that in mind. It has the solar charging, which helps a lot. This also updates time every night so that it'll always keep time, not to mention auto daylight saving adjustment due to that time update feature. Waterproof... well water resistant enough to wash dishes and swim with. My parents do not use the dishwasher.

It is a great watch and Casio will always be my choice from now on. I even bought one (different model and design) for my dad's birthday. This little guy had worked well for me and I hope to wear it for many years to come.
on April 20, 2017
So I've had this watch for about a week now. I read all the critical reviews about the dial not being easy to read at night, but decided to go for it since it had a free return guarantee. Well, I don't have any problems with this watch; in fact, I love it.

At first the dial was a little smaller than I expected, but I quickly got used to it and grew to like it. The red hour hand, which some people say makes it hard to read the time, adds a lot of class and makes it look like a much more expensive watch, and I have no trouble whatsoever telling time with it. The lack of a second hand here is a good thing, since that might cause visual confusion, and thankfully the seconds are displayed in the bottom LCD display.

Also, there was a lot of griping about the light. Yes, it would have been nice to have the LCDs backlit in blue at the same time the main light illuminates the dial, but what piece of information do you really need at night? The time, not the seconds, date, or day of the week. I find the amber light to be of a very classy color and amply bright to tell the time in the dark. And of course the hands are phosphorescent so in the pitch dark you can tell the time even without the light.

I won't buy anything except atomic solar watches (once you've had a watch that never needs batteries and never needs setting you won't go back), and even with the black resin band this is a very, very classy watch and looks even better IRL than the pictures. I'd have no problem wearing this watch with a suit, but the cool thing is you can wear it anywhere.
on August 23, 2012
Have had this watch about 2 weeks and it is working perfect. The watch updates every night first time at 12:04 AM. The watch will update 6 times a day if needed. All updates take place from 12:00 AM to 5:00 AM. Once it gets a update the watch will not update anymore that day. If the watch does not update, it will try up to 6 times till 5:00 AM. This is how all atomic watches work in the United States. The watch charges either by outside sun or inside lights. The AWGM100 is pretty easy to setup, I even have it set to chime every hour. The watch displays both digital and analog time, the best of both worlds. The watch wears great, and I forget I even have it on. The light seems to work good and I have no problem seeing the time at night with the push of a button. You can even set the light to auto and it will automatically come on with the turn of the wrist. The AWGM100 has 5 alarms and you can set it to see other times around the world. If you travel the updates can be set to receive anywhere in the world to the correct time. Once you set the watch to your time zone you will never have to do any thing to the watch again, it even changes back and forth from daylight savings time automatically. There is only one thing I can say about the AWGM100-1ACR "SWEET".
55 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 13, 2015
I have always had expensive watches. I own several Rolex's and others. This has become my main watch that I use everyday. Actually my favorite watch was a Swiss Army that my kids gave me for fathers day many years ago. But its battery runs out and I got tired of taking it yearly into a watch shop and having the battery replaced for 30 or 40 bucks.

My wrist is small, so I prefer smaller watches. I am not really into the giant watch syndrome. This watch is medium in size. Fits my wrist perfectly, and does not appear ostentatious at all. The Solar/Atomic aspect of this watch makes it a no worry tool that always runs and is on time with no input from me at all after it is initially set up. Meets my criteria that I have finally come to after many many years to a T. (I am over 65 years old) As long as it runs, I will not buy another watch. Maybe wear the Rolex once or twice a year for a more fancy setting.
on May 30, 2017
My husband initially liked it, then didn't, then he did and basically because of the feature-set and price point- impossible to dismiss and can't be found anywhere. What Casio should have done--hope you're reading this Casio Corp--is maintain the analog G-Shocks with medium-sized dials and make them thinner (shorter) with a brighter LED that covers most of the dial at least. Here, the backlight is rather dim but not completely useless. In any case, solar, radio sync, and G-Shock properties in an analog package with a decent amber backlight at less than $100 is a great deal. If you like G-Shock and want a smaller version of their usual watches, this may be for you.
on December 3, 2015
I have owned this watch for over two (2) years now. At first, I purchased the identical version of G-Shock that is all blacked out. I liked the understated look in the photos. But I found out that the three (3) small LCD displays were not legible at all, it was hard to tell time in general due to the colors, and the watchface looked a little "off" because it was dark brown, not black. So, I returned that version and bought this one. I am very happy with my decision.

This watch looks great. The pictures don't always do justice. I wish it was a little bigger - I don't have thick wrists, but this watch looks a bit small for me and bigger watches are in vogue apparently. The brushed aluminum bezel looks awesome, and the rubber casing gives it rugged good looks. The red hour hand adds style to the watch - that's my favorite "feature" actually. . . .

My skin is allergic to the nickel in stainless steel, but the battery lid of this watch does not bother me. I also have not gotten rash from the rubber strap of this watch, like I often do with other watches. When I used to wear a much more expensive watch (stainless steel), I would cringe every time my lower arm would brush something in day-to-day life. With this G-Shock watch, I don't even care if I bang it into anything - very liberating.

The atomic clock time setting feature is great. The watch grabs the atomic signal around 2 a.m. every night, and keeps the true time. It's great knowing that you always have the correct time. When I first got the watch, it would not sync with the atomic clock signal. I had placed the watch on a window sill facing the open sky per the instructions . . . and nothing for two days. I finally forgot to take it off one night and fell asleep with the watch on my wrist. In the morning, it was synched! Never had a problem since, I just keep the watch on my wrist. Try that if you are having trouble synching.

The solar charging feature is nice. You'll forget about it sooner or later, and that says volumes about this great feature. Mine has been on "high" charge level at all times since I got the watch, after the initial charge period.

All in all, I am perfectly satisfied with my purchase. This watch presents an exceptional value.
on February 20, 2018
This watch has a lot of 5 star reviews and very well may be a good watch, but it and I are incompatible.

First off, I was slightly disappointed the watch came in a paperboard box and not in a tin as pictured. Likely would have just ended up as clutter anyway, but I like the product photos to actually match the product.

More importantly, and the reason I am returning the watch, is it is useless in the dark. I work overnights outside, a watch I can read at night is important. The combination of the red hour hand, the dark background, tiny digital display and dim light makes it impossible to read the time at night.

The watch itself is nice looking and a good size for my thin wrist. I found the band cheap looking and was unable to find a comfortable size position. The 4th hole is too tight, the 5th hole too loose.

I really wanted to like the watch, but couldn't bring myself to it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 19, 2017
-I really like the color contrast between the hands and between the strap and the watch housing. It doesn't stand out too much like other G-Shocks around this price tag or be too plain like other color variants of this model.
-Since it has both a digital display and analog display I am able to both quickly see the time and roughly measure lengths of time left before I have to do something.
-A good walk on a sunny day will charge it fully.

-It is sometimes hard to sync to an atomic clock if you live in a city. One sync a month or maybe a year will do anyways since it's a quartz watch and you can always manually adjust for daylight savings time.
-The hands sometimes block out the displays as expected. A bit annoying if you need date or day of the week.
-Useless glow in the dark(or brite light as they say) hands. They glow for a good amount of time if the environment around you suddenly goes dark. But you do need the LED light if you wish to see the time after you stay in the dark for quite a while. The displays are hard to read with the LED light. I don't mind this since I don't need a watch that much in the dark.
on October 1, 2017
I bought this for my 10-year old son to replace his old watch which is about to stop working. The old watch is digital and has stopwatch, timer, alarm functions which he likes to play with. I myself have a Casio Pathfinder which has tough solar, atomic clock sync among other things in it which I love a lot. The fact that you don't have to ever set your clock or worry about replacing battery is something that I love tremendously.

I was looking for the same features but smaller watch face diameter for kid his size. I was unable to find one for a while till my wife stumbled into this one. She was mainly looking for a smaller watch face diameter not caring too much about the tough solar or atomic clock sync features. When I showed this to my son he immediately loved it. He initially liked the black one (yes this watch has 4 color selections) but I told him that the black has dark digital screen background which would make it somewhat harder to see so he decided to get this one.
Now as far as my son, he loves this watch so much that he read the manual from end-to-end to learn about all the features and how to use it. For sure he likes the world-time feature, something new to him.