Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Kidz Bop All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on October 24, 2017
The watch arrived with working conditions and have medium battery indicator status. For the features it has with this price is good. It's easy to see time since have analog clock. Digital time is accurate once I switch to my home city Singapore, but analog clock not show correct time with analog. It's very complex to operate even have manual, end up I called Casio tech support to resolve my issue. Over the watch is great, have drop new times to the ground no issue found, go swimming pool swim also water resistant.
on October 1, 2017
I bought this for my 10-year old son to replace his old watch which is about to stop working. The old watch is digital and has stopwatch, timer, alarm functions which he likes to play with. I myself have a Casio Pathfinder which has tough solar, atomic clock sync among other things in it which I love a lot. The fact that you don't have to ever set your clock or worry about replacing battery is something that I love tremendously.

I was looking for the same features but smaller watch face diameter for kid his size. I was unable to find one for a while till my wife stumbled into this one. She was mainly looking for a smaller watch face diameter not caring too much about the tough solar or atomic clock sync features. When I showed this to my son he immediately loved it. He initially liked the black one (yes this watch has 4 color selections) but I told him that the black has dark digital screen background which would make it somewhat harder to see so he decided to get this one.
Now as far as my son, he loves this watch so much that he read the manual from end-to-end to learn about all the features and how to use it. For sure he likes the world-time feature, something new to him.
on March 16, 2016
Great price on Amazon for a good watch.

I wanted a rugged analog watch. This watch is rugged and not bad looking. The manual is small so I downloaded the PDF from the Casio site for easier reading. I live in eastern Washington, and leaving the watch on a windowsill has resulted in it syncing with the clock in Denver every night. It also automatically adjusted for DST, which just happened. The small windows are very easy to read, except at night as they aren't illuminated very well by the light. Easy to set, and once you learn the processes, the functions are easy to access and use. The resin/rubber bumpers extend above the height of the crystal which should reduce bangs and scratches a bit.

If you are looking for a rugged analog watch with some other cool features like multi alarms, easy to change time zones, etc., this is worth a look.
on August 4, 2017
I have owned a few watches in my 50 years. The first was a Timex Mickey Mouse watch my grandmother gave me when I was 5 years old. The second was a Seiko that she gave me when I graduated high school. Both watches still run like a top today. I've owned others but none are worth mentioning. I bought this G-Shock about a 2 years ago. It lasted maybe 10 months. I was intrigued that it was solar atomic. I didn't have to set the time or change the battery (at least for a long time).

Nevertheless, this piece of junk lasted about 10 months and just stopped. I put a new battery in it and nothing. When I opened the back, I was surprised to see all the plastic crap that came out. I'm cutting my losses and moving on. Now my eight year old son wears my Timex Mickey Mouse watch, I still wear my Seiko and I just ordered a new Timex watch from amazon.

Buyer beware! Never again, Casio!
on August 25, 2017
Great G-Shock for those who want a men's watch that's smaller in size. It's small enough for a teenager, so that's who I bought one for. After receiving it, I liked it so much that I bought one for myself. It receives a signal from the nearest atomic clock (Denver) and it adjusts the time as needed. With a quartz movement, such daily adjustments are usually less than a second. It's comfortable and stylish. Being a G-Shock, it's extremely durable (will withstand being dropped 30 feet and keeps running).
on February 2, 2016
I looked at watches online for about 3 days as I wanted to select a watch I would be happy with for a long time. I ended up with this Casio atomic/solar watch. I am kind of anal when it comes to exact time and so far this has worked flawlessly. I don't even have to have the watch near a window at night like the instructions say to receive the signal from Colorado (I live in Ohio). I don't think I will ever have to worry about the battery with this watch due to the solar powered technology.The hands do sometimes get in the way of the small digital windows, but can be moved by the press of a button, which is a pretty cool feature. As most digital watches go, it has more functions than the average person will ever need, but the world time and auto light are really nice to have. If you have trouble seeing small print, you might want to take a look at this watch at a local store first as some of the numbers are very small in the digital windows, but you should have no problem reading the time. The manual is tiny and with very small print too, but I downloaded the manual online and read it with the PDF reader on my pc. I would recommend this watch for accuracy and battery life.
on July 24, 2017
I got this as a present for someone. He loved it. It was much smaller than his normal watch but he said he liked it more. He could still easily see the face but it didn't interfere with his work. The self-charging option and self-setting is very nice. Easy to see at night with no blinding light. He is an outdoors man, kayaking, wind surfing, etc. This watch stays on during all his activities.
on August 6, 2016
Too early to say how durable, but overall, a nice watch.

PROS:
- Nice looking, reasonably compact
- Lots of features for the price
- User interface is enhanced by taking advantage of the three digital displays to show modes and settings
- Wave-ceptor is a great feature. The time is always accurate.
- Solar also great. No need to hassle with battery replacement and compromise water resistance.

CONS:
- Digital displays too small for my old eyes.
- No second hand. I knew, but hoped digital was readable. Will be difficult to use for taking vital signs.
- Difficult to see minute hand in the dark.

I have had several Casio Wave-ceptor/ solar watches. They have lasted well beyond the warranty period, but they don't last forever. Hoping the G-shock is more durable.
on August 13, 2014
I love my current G-shock and have had it about 13+ years. I've had to replace the battery once. I just wanted another one to switch out with from time to time.

This truly is a beautiful watch and looks like it will also last for at least 10 years. Here's the thing though. The hour hand on this watch is red and tough to distinguish on the dark background. The light only luminates the top and bottom thirds of the watch. This is NOT a well-lit watch.

If they made the hour hand white and both hands wider? That'd be great. Until then, unfortunately, this goes back.
on November 11, 2017
Most of the dial data is hard to read; it's either blocked by the clock hand or too small. The red dark coloring scheme of the hour hand kind of camouflage against the dark watch dial background making it hard to see even in daylight. At night, the very dim dial light combined with the dark background/dark clock hand pretty much rendered the watch useless. The radio receiver seems to be less sensitive than previous generation of Casio watches. It seems like the whole dial face is covered with solar cells so that is an improvement over the older Casio watches which just had a small solar window on the wrist band.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse