Truck Season Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on May 21, 2014
As the owner of the 6900XL which I don't like, I was surprised at how much I like this watch. The 6900 is just too big, especially with the tiny digital readout for time, alarms, etc., confined to only the lower half of the dial, a lot of wasted dial space. And the numerals are hard to read.

This watch has large black numerals on a pale face, much better use of the face space, and all the bells and whistles of the 6900, while being normal size. The only thing it lacks is a compass, and I put a Suunto button compass on the strap instead. The electronic compasses are a pain to use and calibrate anyway. This watch has the advantage of storing email addresses and passwords if you like, or other one word reminders. The only reason not to give it 5 stars is the unnecessary shiny circle around the dial, which serves no purpose other than distraction when you're looking to tell the time.

This is a true outdoor military watch, unlike the Suunto with its plastic rear surface which softens and dissolves when in contact with insect repellant. Who goes outdoors for 9 months of the year without insect repellent, especially deployed troops? This watch has a stainless steel back. It's another reason that G-shock watches are handed out to Navy Seals, and are available at all military PX's. I never understood why Suunto never revised its back surface, after thousands of complaints about the plastic softening.
One person found this helpful
on July 5, 2013
This GShock is a very basic Gshock, I bought it at Walmart 2 years ago not thinking about Amazon and wasted about 50 dollars more but oh well. The paint chipped off where it says GSHOCK on the top. This was my favoirte watch considering it as my first GSHOCK. The good thing that no other Gshock that I saw had is the Edata memory which I thought was pretty cool but hard to control. Simple watch with countdown, alarms, and stopwatch.
One person found this helpful
on February 22, 2013
I have had this watch for about five years now. I have been wearing it every day since. It is still working like the day I bought it. The band is great quality. No cracks or discoloration. The face does not have a scratch on it. This watch has been in the ocean, pools, freezing weather, and covered in dirt. None of the lettering on the watch has chipped or faded. I had owned many watches and all of them had the same problem. The band would crack and break, and it was more expensive to buy a new band then a new watch. This was the most expensive watch I have purchased, but it would have been about the same amount to buy several cheap watches. I love the eData memory. I put in phone numbers, addresses, and passwords. This watch is a perfect size. Not too small that you cannot easily see the numbers. And not too big that it looks dumb and gets in the way. It is very comfortable to wear.
on June 16, 2013
this is the second one ive owned. i took the first one off to wash up after working outside. sat it on the side of my truck and drove away. was doing work for a friend which was about 30mins from my house. liked this watch so much actually drove back to look for it but no luck.

one good feature about this watch, and other g shock watches, is the face is sunk down in. it keeps it from getting scratched. im kinda of a watch addicted and i always wear one so this is awesome for me. ive had this watch for quite awhile and the glass is still scratch free.