Top positive review
62 people found this helpful
Nicer than your typical beater watch
on June 28, 2013
Bought the Casio Unisex MRW200H-4BV Neo-Display watch to be a beater watch that can go from the gym to somewhat nicer event (in a pinch). Happy with the purchase. The analog hands and orange lettering makes the watch (IMHO) appear higher end than a comparably priced black plastic LCD watch. Unlike another reviewer, I have had no issues setting time, day or date.
- The watch is neither excessively large nor thick.
- The orange lettering stands out nicely from the black face and is quite legible.
- The day / date are also large enough for me to read without reading glasses.
- The bezel turns smoothly (there are no "click" detents).
- 100M water resistance means that you don't have to worry about it getting submerged when on (for example) a white water rafting trip.
- The plastic band is quite long, so if you have larger wrists it can accommodate you.
- The photos give the impression of a thick, rugged band. That's only from the front. After the first three ridges, the band turns flat and thin. A little disappointing, but not that big a deal, as the watch costs less than $20. But don't expect the band to last very long if you don't regularly wash sweat off the band.
- No electro-luminescent backlight; just some phosphor on the hands. The phosphor needs to be in the light for a while to "charge". You need to be in a very dark room to see the hands glow, and even then, it's not overly bright. Only the hands glow, NOT the numbers. E.g., this is NOT the watch to have with you if you think you'll be in a dark place for a long time and will need to know the time.