Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 228 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 276 reviews
on September 11, 2016
I absolutely love them! Have had them on different water activities, salt water, spring water, muddy waters, dust and sun. These watch are perfect companion for any outdoor enthusiast. It will probably take you and hour or two to set the settings up and if you don't live near the shore you don't really need to know anything about the tides but if you do then they are a great tool to have. I use them mostly for double time feature and several alarms.The moon phase data is great too as being a camping lover I appreciate knowing when is the full moon night expected. The glass is polycarbonate and could be scratched if you expose it to rocks but other things like paint, dirt and almost anything from the nature could be removed with paper towel.
on August 20, 2017
This is the second copy of this watch that I have purchased. I have worn the first for more than three years and have been amazed at its precision and ease of use. It rarely gained or lost more than one second per month. The numbers were very legible. And the ease at which the time could be changed when moving between time zones was very pleasing. After more than three years, the band split. I was amazed to find that the price of a new band was only about $5 less than the price of a new watch, so I ordered my second one. I'll keep the first as a time reference on my work bench.

I have not had the new watch long enough to see if the precision in time keeping will equal that of my first one.
on November 14, 2015
You get what you pay for: this watch is cheap for all the functionality, but ...
1) The strap is of very poor quality: I've owned 4 of these, because the strap always breaks after 1 to 1.5 years, the replacement straps cost almost as much as the watch, and are exceptionally difficult to remove and replace.
2) The glass scratches very easily.
3) Although the watch claims to be waterproof to a depth of 300 ft, this is utter BS. It's not even splash-proof, as 2 of the watches I owned (which have never been submerged or in contact with any water apart from a steamy bathroom) have permanent condensation on the inside of the glass, making parts of the display unreadable.
4) The alarm indicators are so small, and their contrast so poor, that I was unable to see them without a powerful (20:1) magnifying lamp. Even an ordinary magnifying glass was not enough.
on August 5, 2013
I had not wore a watch for so many years.
After I found myself in Mexico swimming to the reef and walking in the jungle I felt the need of a watch to have an idea of the time when I do not want to carry my phone with me. Also in NYC some public pools do not have a clock and I need to have an idea of the time.
I was really tempted by different Casios available on Amazon.

PROS
This has dual time, countdown, 5 alarms and the moon / tide feature intrigued me.

date and time are legible even if the font is a tad small. I like how it shows weekday / date / time all at once.

You need to give a look to the manual (available online as well) to set it up the first time, but the learning curve is pretty easy.

To set the tide you need to know the longitude of the location where you are (just a quick google search) and the lunitidal value (which is a bit more complicated as nearby locations sometimes have very different values (like NJ and MA). So I am not sure how accurate that may be.

CONS
What I did not like is the light: it is a pretty dim orange LED.
It stays on for some instants without having to hold the "light" button but it switches itself off when any other button is pressed.
This issue must make it a bit annoying to set up an alarm without any other light source.

When you set the alarms or the hourly chime the indicators on the Casio are really tiny and hard to see. I am 46, I have 20/20 vision although small type recently is not as comfortable to read. I really think Casio should have made the alarms more visible. In the product photo or rendering they look definitely more visible and larger than on the actual watch.
I would like to see at a glance and quickly if i have an alarm on or off. I may get used to that tiny dot indicators.

The glass is actually plastic and is not protected by the bezel so I suppose it can easily be scratched.

The moon phases and the tide values are really hard to see in dim light as the background is dark grey. The faint orange LED illuminates the bottom area of the watch from one side.
Along with the hard to see alarm and chime indicators made me take off one star from my initial review.

Anyway, I paid $17 or 18 incl shipping. I think the watch looks quite nice, it is comfortable.

After a few days I bought a Casio AE2000-W for $10 more.

Such a better watch, mineral glass, protective bezel, better legibility of indicators, more stylish to my taste, stronger LED light.
on July 17, 2015
The watch is gorgeous and displays the TIDES great for working LIFEGUARDS
However, after only one week of usage in the ocean, basic swimming
it LEAKED!
in fact I bought two, (two sons)
and both leaked....one broke when two lifeguards wrists collided in the water doing swimming drills.
...Meaning that this watch has not SHOCK resistant. I never knew how important a shock resistant option is.
The watch still has a nice look and does keep time and has some good options -
if you keep it out of the water.
on June 10, 2015
Watch is crapy but the price says it. I hate setting the time and other settings on these. Moon phases or high tide I think you have to set. I was hoping it was going to be something automatic. So I got to understand how all of this works to use it. I just don't want to be on a jedi and trapped out there because I didn't know what high tide was or when it was going to occur. You can get this info from a newspaper I guess too but then you have to buy a newspaper all the time. Got the stop watch feature to work. There is an alarm setting too. The moon phases and tide I have no clue but need to understand and use directions. I don't see a spot for AM PM either. I think the battery might be low and I got it today or as soon as it came. I can't make out the symbol I see though. I think it is a battery and appears empty. Again I got to check the directions. Some of these watches have a big face and kind of sticks up high on your wrist. Thick like display. I am not too fond of this. //A slight upgrade here noting it has some cool features like tilt to light, 5 alarms, on hour beeping, .. The band is green and advertised as black. Looks green in the sun light. Sure is a pain to set but am reading through the book. Not easy to figure out unless you know this watch or read the book.
on October 1, 2015
So far so good with this watch. I've only had it a few days. I have had Casio sport watches for many years so I was familiar with the set up. The moon phase function is pretty cool, but I don't live near any coast so I probably won't bother with the Tide function. I really just wanted an inexpensive water resistant watch with count down, stop watch and dual time zone functions. Many of the reviews mentioned that the watch band is not durable and this one also does not appear to be. However I think that if you take your time and do not bend the band excessively it might last awhile. I bought this after my last Casio sport watch died after many years of good service. Unfortunately I had just spent $20 for a new battery (which I salvaged) and $20 more for a replacement rubber watch band, also salvaged and which appears to be an exact fit for this model. I will try to remember to review this item in six months or a year (or sooner if I have a problem).
on September 5, 2013
Great watch, does not come with any instructions on how to work the very many functions the watch has. Would be very helpful to know how to use the timer function!
on December 6, 2016
I got this for sailing and it's awesome! The dual countdown timers are perfect.
on January 7, 2014
The function button sticks out too far and is constantly switching the watch to various other functions. Then when I look to check the time, it is displaying the countdown timer or some other display besides time of day. This happens all the time, within minutes of putting the watch on, it mistakenly switches to one of the other displays. This is a very serious product failure. I have had other Casio watches and never had this button problem.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.