Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 24, 2016
My husband was looking for a leather band watch to use at work. This watch was very easy to program, easy to read and has held the day and time correctly. The band is made of leather and nylon. The band is 9.5 inches from each farthest end. I would not say my husband doesn’t have large wrists but unfortunately this watch was too small. He could clasp it on the very last whole provided; however, it did not leave enough room for the excess to tuck under the loop and it constantly came undone. If your wrist is less than an 8 inch circumference then this will fit nicely. If that band was another half inch longer it would have worked perfectly. Unfortunately we will have to return this one.
review imagereview image
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on May 14, 2017
I bought this watch because of the features it is supposed to have. It does have them but with serious limitations. I wanted date day of week, month, and year as well as digital minute and hour. I wanted a flexible replaceable wrist band (not black molded plastic, they break after about a year and are not replaceable). I wanted it t be attractive and light to wear.

My biggest complaint are (1) the instructions are difficult to understand and follow, are in very small type best read with a magnifying lens and (2)
the dial reading for day of the week, month and year are also tiny (once you find them) and hard to see unless in good light with a magnifying glass.

I would return but did no save the packaging. I think I may end up gifting it to a grandchild. I cannot recommend it even though it does keep time.
on June 1, 2015
Nice watch; tiny band. I'm not Popeye, but I can just barely get it on my wrist. If this helps anyone, I laid the watch flat: the distance from the extreme tip of the buckle to the tip of the free end of the band it is 9 1/2 inches. Another inch or even half inch would have made it much more comfortable. I selected this model because it wasn't huge and it had all the functions I wanted, but they seemed to make the band proportionally smaller. As it stands, it's probably not a problem for a kid or adolescent, but I'll be replacing the band.

UPDATE: Here are the dimensions of the band. The buckle side is 68 mm (about 2 5/8 inches) from pin to buckle, exclusive of the buckle; the side of the band with the holes in it is 121mm (about 4 3/4 inches) and the last hole in the band is about 25mm (1 inch) from the end of the band. From looking around the internet it looks like that's close to a fairly standard size, but with a small watch it does make a net small circumference.
2 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on February 28, 2015
I originally bought one of these watches many years ago at Walmart. It provided outstanding service and had all the features I needed. I used it every day as my wake up alarm in the morning and as a countdown timer in the kitchen. It more than met all my needs. But, recently I bought two of these from Amazon and every once in awhile each watch would reset itself for no apparent reason and start timing again from 12:00 A.M. January 1, 2010 for no apparent reason. I tried to see if I was doing something wrong to cause this but could not figure it out. Am I mistaken or is this a product malfunction?
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on September 8, 2016
Looks good. Keeps good time. Isn't uncomfortable. Simple display. Doesn't get in my way when reaching into stuff.

Two complaints so far:
After a few days of use a part inside the case came loose and the loose bit makes a high pitched, tinkling sound when the watch is moved quickly. No loss of function but it's bothersome and I don't want to open the watch to remove the piece in case I damage the watch in the process.

The watch band is designed for people with fat wrists, I keep it on the 3rd to last notch for a snug fit, but professional left-handed arm wrestlers being the target consumer isn't the problem. It's that the watchband will naturally sit with the buckle, loop, and extra banding all on the bottom of your wrist. The top band is also thicker than the bottom band and doesn't bend very well. That makes the top band functionally half the length of the bottom when it's this tight. This causes the watch face to sit on the far side of my wrist so I have to turn my arm completely upside-down to read the time. If I turn the watch so that the face is centered on my wrist it will naturally move back to the far side. Not a deal breaker but it's annoying sometimes.
on January 23, 2015
A really nice looking watch for the price (at least in terms of my aesthetics). Unfortunately it doesn't work . . . Keeps resetting itself back to 12am which means I have no idea what time it really is when I look at it. Quite frankly, only $17 and it would take way too much of time to try to return and "fix." I I recall there were any number of watches in the same price range, and I'd probably try them first. I'll try again, but it certainly won't be a Casio.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on June 2, 2016
Everything is fine, alarm, stop watch, countdown, dual time zone, except hard to see the small day, month, and date (like Th 6 2). If this matters, get the other watch for the same price, $17 and change, that has the circle indicator on the left. (This one has it on the right.) That one shows the day of the week and the date, but not the month iirc, and doesn't have dual time zones iirc but big deal. Also, because I usually wear my watch inside my wrist, instead of outside, I'm not suitable for the setting that turns the light on with arm motion, that this has and that the other doesn't. OTOH, how often do I look at my watch in the dark. (It's only dark 12 hours a day and I spend 8 of them sleeping, minus all the time inside with lights on!!)
on November 12, 2014
I'm giving the watch 3 stars, mainly because of some minor issues that added up to reduce 2 stars off. First the glue and stitching that is holding the leather to the fabric part of the band isn't perfect. There are some areas where the glue and stitching rubs up against my skin. Not sure if that is a quality control aspect but it's making me want to buy a different band for it.

The date is pretty small and additionally, the overlay that is just above the date (that tracks 10 seconds) puts a shadow just on the top part of the date. Making an already hard to read date, just a bit harder to see.

Also there was a minor scratch on the front of the face. It happened only a few days of usage onto it. It doesn't affect the watch itself, but I'm surprised that it scratch so easily.

Auto illuminator is a pretty neat feature if you need to use it. Like if you are in the dark or dim place and you don't always want to reach over and press the light button. Otherwise it's not feature to pay for.
on June 5, 2016
I really, really like the Casio W94HF-3AV watch. The one I'm reviewing here is a replacement for the exact same model/style that I have worn for over seven or so years.

It has a lot of positive attributes. It's easy to read, the light button is big and conveniently placed, and it has many of the basic functions you'd expect. Based on the previous one, the battery lasts for years. The styling is "sporty" enough without being over-designed and over-sized like a lot of other digital watches for men. The brown and olive colors blend in with almost any non-formal attire. Best of all, the band is very comfortable.

If there's a weak spot, it's the lens -- it can scratch too easily, unfortunately. If you do a lot of rough outdoor work, I'd recommend that you look for something else.
on August 25, 2017
Great, lightweight, inexpensive watch. The batteries lasts a long time, since it is all digital. I love the band because it looks great and is very sturdy. It isn't heavy and clunky, and it feels great on your wrist. I used to buy watches with plastic bands, but they always cracked and broke. Most bands are either plastic or metal. They will lose or gain a few seconds per week. Twice, one of the short plastic watch arms that hold the bands in place broke off, and then it's time for a new watch. Why they broke was a mystery both times. I think I've been wearing this watch as my everyday watch for about the last 20 years, so that says something. Water resistant, so I wear it while swimming. It has all the features you'd want.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.