Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Men's PAG240-1BCR Pathfinder Triple-Sensor Stainless Steel Watch with Resin Band
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

on March 21, 2014
Given the perfect viewing angle, this thing is hot so I can't give it the two stars it deserves.

Danjah gave it 2 stars because you can't see what it's attempting to display most of the time. The reflection is horrid.

I posted a customer image on this watch's main page so that people can see what Danjah was talking about. I returned it and bought a PAG240B-2CR. I should have believed his review. Thank you for trying to warn me, Danjah.

For those that don't know, you can see my customer image by going to this watch's main page and SCROLLING down to the reviews (don't click where it says "customer reviews" on top of the page, you have to physically scroll down and it's to the right of the first review).
review image review image
on April 30, 2014
I REALLY, REALLY, wanted to keep this watch, but ultimately ended up returning it, and I'm glad I did.

I won't go over the features of this watch, as the previous reviews have explained them pretty well. This particular watch was Made In Japan, which was nice. The watch's looks are very impressive, I especially like the blacked out case.

The main thing that I want to point out is the ABSOLUTELY POOR DISPLAY of the watch. I'm not for sure if my display was particularly bad, as other reviews don't seem to point this out as being a major issue (but kudos to the couple of reviews that tried to warn me).

I have near perfect eyesight and also own other Casio watches with negative displays, but this watch was the most difficult to read out of any watch that I've ever had. Being under bright sunlight or indoor fluorescent lighting works the best (and the watch with its Olive Green background looks great) but any other low-light conditions and this watch has to be at a perfect angle otherwise it's impossible to read.

I returned the watch and exchanged it for the more common PAG240 model, the PAG240-1CR. The main reason I didn't get that watch to begin with is because 1) I didn't think the normal display looked as cool and 2) the dorky yellow "Adjust" and "Light" button. Fortunately after getting a look at the PAG240-1CR first person, neither of those issues bother me any more, I think it looks great! The biggest thing is that I can now take a quick glance at my wrist and see everything that I need to without any fidgeting around.

In the end, I wanted this watch to be as "utilitarian" as possible, and having to constantly adjust my viewing angle or use the backlight to see anything proved to be a deal-breaker for me. The watch does look great though, so if you're able to get past that major issue (or perhaps the watch I received was especially bad) then maybe this is still the watch for you!
on December 4, 2015
I rarely leave review on products, but felt the need to do so with this watch - considering how excellent this deal is for this Pathfinder. If you're hesitating because of negative reviews about the visibility of the screen, stop hesitating. At most viewing angles, I have no trouble with seeing all the indications on the screen. I've attached a photo (pretty much the angle I would use to look at the watch). The black body with green accents is very nice. The watch feels sturdy and is relatively lightweight. Functionality takes a little study to understand, but the watch is very feature packed. A great buy!
review image
on July 29, 2011
My husband owned a rugged Casio watch when he was a police officer because it was black and could take a beating. He loved that watch. The battery had finally gone dead in it and we thought about just getting another battery. But after having it for so many years, it looked like it had been through the ringer. So I talked him into getting a new watch to celebrate his new job as a federal park ranger. We shopped around and he liked this watch alot, so I got to work on finding the best deal and I found it here. Its a large watch and has lots of gadgets that I would probably never use, but he loves it. He especially loves that it's solar powered because he's outside all day long. Its a great looking watch too. It seems to be very rugged and exactly what he needs.
on October 25, 2014
This watch is a leader in its class. Compared to the Suunto its equal. The sensors are accurate. I am in the military and have fine tune all 4 sensors. The book teaches everything about this. I love this watch and the display. Some say the display is difficult to see...maybe in a darkened environment with out the light function, sure. Just click the light? When I am in the sun its super clear and bright. The watch looks amazing and has great detail put into it. This is my favorite watch from Casio...bonus....ITS SOLAR!!!
on March 29, 2015
I knew that this was going to be a great watch- my only hesitation due to other reviews was the "glare" issue that some seem to experience. I'll say that there is a little bit of glare on this model (the model with an orange theme which I heard had better contrast was $35 more at my time of purchase and I didn't feel like paying more) but not enough to concern me. Honestly, turning my wrist a few degrees doesn't bother me a bit, especially with the other features that make this watch so attractive.

It takes a few minutes to learn the layout and get everything set up (home city, lat and long for sunrise and sunset data) but I'm very impressed and pleased with the unit overall. I can't speak to using the altimeter and barometer yet but once I do I'll update the review. Compass was very accurate when compared to a nondigital compass.

Watch "feels" great and is a nice big face, not too big but might be a bit much for a smaller wrist. Though it is large it doesn't feel heavy. Buttons are easy to access and depress, illumination is good. Overall, for $125, this is a great watch. I'd buy it again. It came on "M" (medium) charge when received and after wearing around for a day in the sun, it's back up to "H" high battery level. Based on my experience with solar watches, it probably won't dip into "M" for a while! Also, the manual is very helpful unlike many others. Hope this helps!
on October 26, 2015
Numbers are super easy to read outdoors in the bright sunlight, not so much indoors in low light. But I actually use it when summiting mountains...so I couldn't be happier with how it performs. Temp readout is pretty much useless since it picks up your body heat and I don't like taking it off and setting it down away from me for 20-30min to not be affected by my body heat. The altimeter is really accurate at tracking elevation gained and lost, but you need to do occasional resets if you want the elevation to be accurate at any given point.

My only real complaint is how uncomfortable the strap is. There are lots of sharp edges and holes on the underside of the strap, so it was super annoying to wear until I took a dremel tool to it and sanded off all the sharp edges and made them more smooth. I really wish I could use a NATO-style strap on it but the design of how the case and strap connect makes that impossible. If I could use a nylon NATO strap with this watch it would probably be my FAVORITE watch that I would wear everywhere instead of the watch I only wear when I am in the mountains and need to track things like elevation, barometric pressure and direction.

UPDATE: There are adapters so you can switch out the factory band to a 22 to 24mm nylon NATO-style strap! The 12 o'clock adapter part number is 10310531 and the 6 o'clock part number is 10320753. I just ordered them for $2 each from Pac Parts (the authorized West Coast Casio parts suppliers). The East Coast supplier is American Perfit Crystal. I plan on ordering a 24mm nylon strap because the Internet forums I checked said that size works, but will wait for the adapters to arrive to double-check the measurements.
on June 15, 2012
This watch has the easiest face to read of any watch that I've ever owned. The black numerals/info contrast perfectly to the green background. Watch fits my wrist perfectly. Altimeter and barometer work perfectly. Of the 10+ watches I own, this one is on my wrist the most.... by far.....
on September 16, 2015
Love the watch, style, size and features. The only thing I'm wondering is why the time is hard to read at certain angles? I have another watch list this and don't seem to have the same issues? I have even looked through the manual and it also says the display maybe hard to read. Just wondering why?
on April 25, 2016
i love it so far. strap is easy to get on and off. display is great to view outdoors in sunlight... a bit tricky to see indoors with this version, but i don't mind that. i like the green theme. functions are easy to operate and it is high quality. battery is charged easily in light. mine says it's made in thailand instead of other reviews i saw where they were made in japan. i think this thing will last a very long time and am very happy with it!