BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 1, 2016
Seems difficult to set the barometer to inches from centimeters, even following the instructions in the complicated manual, and although I like the Compass function, which works fine and easily, I would be unlikely to buy this model again. My Casio Super Illuminator with vibration alarm is probably all I need. However, I do like the blue leather and fabric band -- it's very comfortable on the wrist. Also, the light is not particularly bright -- less bright than the super illuminator. And the battery charge doesn't seem to last well, and charging seems to take forever.
on February 13, 2011
Hey guys, thought I would type up what I have found so far:

I am 6' 3" tall and weigh just under 205 lbs. I have become a dedicated runner and enjoy just about everything about the outdoors.

Initial Thoughts:

Accuracy:
Out of the box, the compass was DEAD ON - checked this with my Suunto compass and my Garmin GPS, and it has not been off more than 1 degree, that is pretty impressive.

The temperature sensor also dead on, compared with three home thermometers, again less than 1 degree of difference, actually the protrek's temp was SPOT ON as far as the more accurate thermometer: (off wrist as per instructions)

Altimeter - unknown because I live in FL, I could say it matched where I am perfectly but no heights around here guys sorry :(

Barometer - this is my FAVORITE feature of the watch, predicted two storms in as many days, that was really cool.

Quality on this is pretty stellar, I am REALLY picky on my gear and so far, I am really impressed. Use it running, in shower, you name it and it really does it job.

Weight on this is close to nil, I was worried about this looking at the pics but it is honestly weightless on your wrist, no really :)

Menus are much easier than I expected and access to them MUCH easier than Suunto watch :P

Initially at least I REALLY am impressed with this watch.

CONS: A lot of folks talk about how they like this band (like fake leather and cloth) It is ok, but I am a bit of a perfectionist and this won't cut it :( - Is ok but I will prob replace it in the near future.

I think that is all for now, I would have to give the opinion that if you are interested I would give it a go. Watch is fine for small to larger men, and maybe some women with larger wrists. Pretty Happy, thanks Casio :)
on October 3, 2017
The biggest problem is with the backlite. The button is extremely small and hard to find in the dark, I thought it and the Adjust button next to it were supposed to be yellow. If so, I would think that its easier to find, Also, it doesn't always work when you do press it.

The bezel is very hard to use. It takes an effort and strong fingers to spin it.

Last is the strap. "Black Leather and Blue Cloth". The cloth is embedded in the leather. Extremely stiff and very difficult to clasp with one hand. Must be the cheapest leather to be found.

All in all, I'm very disappointed with Casio. I've always had good luck with them in the past.
on April 8, 2017
I knew this watch was going to be big but what I did not know was how light it was. I pick this watch for the look, style and the band. The wrist band is a lot more comfortable than the plastic ones.

I got this watch more for urban and international travel. The watch is easy to read. Don't really worry about the accuracy of all its function other than time. The ABC functions is a "nice to know" its there if I need It. The watch is well made. I expect it to last for quiet a while.
on June 15, 2017
I love this watch. My kids got me this watch 6 years ago for Father's Day. I wear it almost everyday. It is a very durable and holds up extremely well to rough use. I reordered this watch not because it wore out, but do to being stolen out of my hotel room. The pathfinder series are loaded with all kinds of extras to keep you busy. One of my favorite extras is the solar charger that's built in. It keeps the watch running at full power. The compass comes in very handy on those dark cloudy nights. I highly recommend the pathfinder. Especially if you are active person like myself.
on January 24, 2014
This is a versital watch I have used canoeing the Boundry Waters. It has pointed me in the correct direction as a back-up compass and its barometer has warned me of bad weather coming well ahead of time so I could plan my day. I had a former model that required a battery change every so often which required sending it back to the company for 50-60 dollars. This one is solar powered so it will not require this battery change. I dropped one star because this configuration with all the do-dads does not have an atomic clock incorporated, however, one does not need exact time during outdoor activities like visiting remote places like I do. Time or "on time" seems to be more of a city/social thing. This watch does keep good/adequate time.
on July 27, 2013
The trend now is for big watches. Many are just too heavy and hard on your wrist. On some of these "Monsters", it's also hard to tell the time, as the hands are the same color as the face or there is just too much clutter on the face to even find the hands. This watch avoids all of these annoyances. It is large but very light and easy on the wrist. With a quick glance you can easily tell the time and date. Very functional. Night light works well, too. Adjust it for maximum time exposure, though. I wouldn't want to use the compass for any serious navigation, but it's okay for a quick reference. Band is a little stiff, but I like the blue color. Barometer and altimeter seem like overkill to me, but it's someting to brag about at the bar on Saturday night. I don't use the thermometer, but it's there if you need it. I leave the watch in a window when I'm not wearing it, and so far it has stayed on high charge - so, I'm very pleased with the solar. My only complaint about this watch is the hazy look on the crystal. Maybe it's got something to do with the sunlight and solar charge. Expect to pay about $150 for this watch, but it's worth every cent.
on October 20, 2014
Great watch! I was recommended this watch a LT I know in the USAF (a pilot if that matters), and let me say that it definitely lives up to the expectations he told me about. I've had this watch for a little over 2 years now, and it is awesome. This watch can definitely take a beating, it's been in the mountains, rain, ocean and military training. I've never had to buy a battery and ever since I've had this watch the battery power has never dropped below high because of the Tough Solar built in by the company. If you're looking for a watch that can do it all (tell temperature, altimeter, barometer, and compass) then stop where you are and buy this. You won't find any better, unless it's by this company. One thing to note, however, is the temperature setting, you'll need to subtract a view degrees off because of the body temperature you produce, it should be about 2-6 degrees off. Other than that, it's great!
on September 5, 2017
I bought this watch after having to return another model because the negative display wad impossible to read for this Sr citizen. This one is much better HOWEVER my Amazon search was for a model that had atomic time update and this model does NOT have that feature!
on June 28, 2016
Plan on spending some time with the User's Guide. This thing has a lot of features. It's functionally does not follow the same logic as some the low end Casio watches. I have owned about 6 or 7 Casio's over the years. I have a couple of complaints. One complaint is that the adjust button is hard to press. I hope it does not get worse. If it does it will be returned. Secondly, it seems to lose a couple of seconds a week when compared to a Casio WaveCeptor watch which sets time to the US National standard every night. It is a little disappointing for a premium watch. I wish it was auto time setting like the WaveCeptor series but I knew it didn't when I bought it. I was hoping it would lose only a couple of seconds a year not per week and accuracy would not be an issue. I really like a watch that I know I can depend on to the second.

Added remarks: The watch is pretty bulky. Even though I have incredibly skinny wrists and it is very hard to pull a long sleeve shirt over it. The alarm volume is too low. For me, having average hearing for a 60 year old, the alarms are almost inaudible. Certainly not enough for a wake up. I do not have these same issues with my other Casio watches. I took away a couple of stars

Another added remark: I have had the watch through summer, fall and now into winter. I does not get enough charge to keep running. Sometimes the "low" indicator spelled out on the display comes on. Sometimes it just goes blank. I have left it in a sunny window for a couple of days, the screen comes back and but the indicator bars only get into the middle charge region. I am not sure if this is normal or not. Regardless, I did not expect battery life to be an issue on a solar charged watch.