Spring Deals Automotive Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on March 22, 2010
I can't comment on the watch, but I want to warn you about the band. The Titanium band dose not match the watch!!! It is (silverish) looking, while the watch is black and grayish. I spent the extra money on the band based on the reviews I read hear. I think it make the watch look cheep, like I broke the band and had to buy a cheep replacement band. I am going to replace the band as soon as possible. Another problem with the band is when you make it shorter for a good fit on the wrist its very hard to get the watch over the hand. Don't be fooled by the picture of the watch and band, the difference in color is very distinguishable. As for the watch, I've haven't had the time to calibrate it yet, so I can't fairly evaluate. The one star is for the band, because it doesn't match and problems after adjustments. Its a shame Casio didn't match the band and watch color. It really lowers my opinion of the watch and the company.
2525 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 5, 2010
I've had it about a month and I'm very happy with it. The altitude/barometer sensor is accurate provided you give it a good initial reference, which I always do when climbing/hiking. I've read some complaints that the altitude is not accurate. But one should try to understand that outside air pressure can change with altitude and/or temperature. Cold air is more dense and pushes on the sensor harder than warm air. So if a cold front rolls in while I am on my climb, the altitude is going to read a bit lower than actual (as if I was further down in more dense air). Likewise, a warm front will cause the sensor to read a bit higher. Either of these situations is often obvious as you will feel & see a change in the weather around you. ALL pressure-based altitude sensors have this vulnerability. That's why pilots constantly adjust their altimeters based on local sea-level barometric pressure data along their path. The best thing you can do is set an initial reference before you climb and be advised of local forecasts. Just common sense stuff really. The compass is plenty accurate enough for routine navigation, and a good backup to the GPS in the canyons and back-country.

I've read other reviews about the alarm not being very loud on some pathfinders. This one seems quite loud - haven't slept through it yet and I use it every day. All the features are very easy to figure out - never had to crack open the manual (but I did anyways). It syncs up every night with the atomic clock, no problem (Houston, TX). Based on the specs, I thought it was going to look monstrous on my wrist but it doesn't. Looks really good to me. I did have to pull out several links to get the right fit (more on this below).

The watch is very light! for it's size. The band is a nice satin gray titanium with an effective locking mechanism on the clasp. Very comfortable, doesn't pull hairs, etc. PLEASE NOTE that even though the product specifications above state that the "case material" is titanium, it isn't. There seems to be quite a bit of misleading internet info regarding the case material. To me, the case appears to be an assembly of stainless steel (back), mystery metal (black knurled ring around the face - maybe aluminum) and plastic/resin (all the gray-ish part). I have to admit that, based on the description, I thought all the gray-ish stuff would be titanium. A little disappointment there but not much. Actually the case still looks new, it's the satin finish on the titanium band that scratches/scuffs quite easily. Some will probably cry about this. I am of a practical sort and this to me is a tool. I actually enjoy the battered, well-used look of my adventure gear. I'm very happy with my purchase and would definitely recommend this watch to others. Ordered it from Amazon one afternoon, had it the next morning with free overnight shipping. Practically instant gratification.

I'm adding this because it took a while searching goog to find out how to do this. Basically you need a pair of needle nose pliers and one of those larger paper clips. Using the paper clip held by pliers, you push the pin on the link IN about 1/8" in the direction indicated by the arrow on the inside of the band. Then grab the pin with the pliers where it's sticking out on the other side and pull it out with a steady action. Do this over a cookie sheet or something with edges. This is important!!! - There is a tiny metal tube that sits inside the hole in the smaller (male) side of the link. Do not lose this - it acts as the locking mechanism to hold that pin in place. To re-assemble - replace the tube in the hole if it fell out, align the links and push the pin back through in the direction of the arrow. Good idea to use the paper clip and pliers to counter sink the pin a bit so that it's equal on both ends. This should all make sense when you have it in front of you. This procedure may sound intimidating but it's really pretty easy. Just be thankful you heard about that tiny metal tube beforehand.

1111 comments| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 16, 2010
This is a great watch for those of you who want to be more than just a mannequin for high priced logos. With the altimeter, barometer, compass, sunrise/sunset times, and more, you will be able to get the most out of an expedition, day hike, or trip to the mall. I looked at the Tissot T-Touch, but with reviews of breakage, a 2 year battery life, and twice the price, why would anyone buy one? (oh yeah: the logo). My watch arrived already set to EST and, after 1/2 an hour of reading the manual and setting, my watch was completely calibrated to my location (latitude and longitude, Fahrenheit instead of Celsius, feet instead of meters, etc.). The altimeter works well, though you do have to calibrate it just before ascending as it measures changes in atmospheric pressure, as does the barometer for predicting weather. I can track changes in pressure on the watch that, for the most part, directly reflect the actual weather (a great thing for living in New England): rising pressure means improving weather, decreasing pressure means deteriorating weather. The watch is big but fits nicely on my 7 1/2" wrist. The case is not as heavy as I thought it would be and combined with the titanium band, it is actually lighter than many watches out there AND looks great with a t-shirt or under a dress shirt sleeve. The solar battery works great as well. My watch arrived at full charge and has not lost any juice, even though it mostly gets only intermittent light from overhead fluoros and indirect sunlight. The last thing I'll comment on is the atomic timekeeping function. The reception is strong even though I place the watch only near a window instead on directly in front of one as the manual suggests. Mine unfailing receives the signal at 2:04 every morning.
on November 7, 2009
I got this Ti version of this off Ebay a month ago actually, my first Pathfinder on Titanium. A little hesitant in the beginning, but now it's my everyday banger. Lighter than paper, the Ti case and bracelet are very comfortable.
The bracelet looks a bit too shiny,and scratches, obviously, but you'll get over it. It's a Pathfinder!!!
Sensors are very accurate, altimeter reads dead-on!! Sunrise/sunset data very accurate, input exact coordinates off Google Earth. Very helpful if you are a outdoor photographer. Actually this was the reason I bought this (my 5th) Pathfinder.

77 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 30, 2010
Great watch in all respects already mentioned BUT there is one additional fault not mentioned.....There is no way to turn the dial illumination on longer than 2.5 seconds (two options are 1 sec and 2.5 sec after pressing the "Light" button). Thus in a dark environment, it is very difficult to do anything more than observe whatever is displayed. Even toggling through the time zones requires continually pressing the light button while at the same time pressing the time zone selection button. Selecting or changing a stopwatch setting is even more difficult. How did Casio miss this one? PITA!
on December 12, 2013
Died in less than 1 year. Will try to get warranty repair. Second Casio watch to do this. Casio quality has reached a new low.

Update . . .

Fortunately I was able to get it repaired at no cost under warranty after paying to ship it to them. At the time I bought it, the price was only $300. I thought a $300 watch should come with more than a 1-year warranty, but I figured what the heck, it's all electronic, what can go wrong? Now they want $460 for this thing??? My advice: Don't gamble $460 on a watch that may fail after 366 days and leave you with an expensive repair bill. Since I'm not a gambling man, this will be the last Casio/Seiko watch I buy.
on September 18, 2010
The Pathfinder watch's many features are easy to setup and use. The functions of the various buttons are fairly intuitive. The features I especially like are the automatic radio frequency time keeping and the rechargeable battery which uses solar energy. Some other useful features I learned after receiving the watch, are its automatic energy saving sleep mode and backlight that can be turned on with an arm motion in low light conditions. The titanium bracelet is good looking and the links can be fairly easily removed by a novice with a link remover tool available on Amazon. In short, the Pathfinder has a lot of useful features in a good looking package.
on November 6, 2015
I have owned the Pathfinder PAW-2000T for over two years. There are lots of good features that hold up over time, as well as a few drawbacks that I would hope Casio would fix in future models.

Good Features
Altitude, Barometer and compass are excellent tools and have helped me when I am off the path. If I calibrate the altitude before a hike, the altimeter is surprisingly accurate.

Radio Time Synchronizing
Even in a city environment outside of New York City, the Casio updates almost every night. The alarms are also very helpful

For an outdoors watch, the crystal is not as durable as I expected. I found several scratches on the face after the first month of wearing it. If they change the material to sapphire, they may improve the scratch resistance. I expected the band to be scratched up with my off-trail use - and it has. Titanium is durable, but it isn't scratch proof. (I didn't see the same scratches on another watch that uses a sapphire crystal - FYI)

More recently, I had a link pop loose on my titanium watchband. It wasn't one that had been adjusted by a watch repair counter. So, it surprised me.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 20, 2011
I really enjoy this watch. It is very light. I like the titanium band but prefer the black resin with this black bezel on titanium case color scheme. Unfortunately, the material that the watch case is made of isn't metal or it sure doesn't feel like it to me. Anyway, I bought the Casio replacement band for the PAW2000-1CR and it fit like a glove and really sets off the watch. It was easy to swop the bands. You just have to be careful when working the two flat jewelers screw drivers and make sure to get the screws reassembled tightly. You don't want the bands to come apart at an inconvenient time. By the way, there is a sleeve that has to be removed once the screw sets have been removed. Otherwise the band won't come off the watch. I haven't received any compliments yet, but I'm not trying to show it off either. I did notice that the watch wouldn't auto-update via the radio signal until I forced it to update. And that wasn't easy. On the fourth or fifth try I decided to set it on the grass outside to see if that helped. Bingo, it updated in about five minutes. After that it updated automatically the following morning at a little past 2AM. I really like the digital readout. It is easy to read and easy to move between the functions with the various buttons. I especially enjoy that the current time is displayed on almost all modes. It is a little pricey but worth it to me.
on September 15, 2015
I have quite a few different watches and this is my favorite. I wear it daily and like the many features. I have found the compass to be remarkably accurate. I have changed the battery twice and it has functioned very well after both battery changes. I use all the functions, mostly as a curiosity but a few times to a real purpose. Works exactly as I had hoped and, in my opinion, superior to a Suunto I owned first. Gave the Suunto to a yippy/yappy son who is in to apprearance and bling. I think I am better off for it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse