Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 99 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 115 reviews
on February 21, 2014
A really great watch!
There are notes in the reviews that describe how to make the band shorter.
I had to make the band shorter and even working over a container I managed to lose a sleeve for one of the pins. Place a cloth towel into the pan over which you are working. I used a paper towel and one sleeve still bounced away never to be seen again. They are non-magnetic. Since I was making the band shorter it was a nonissue. Many watch repair places have the correct diameter sleeves if needed.

The radio synchronization works very well here in central CA. Some thoughts as to where to not place the watch for proper time updates. Do not place the watch near switching power supplies or the wires that connect to them as they will interfere with signal reception by the watch. This is NOT a fault of the watch. These interference generating items include battery chargers for cell phones, TV set top boxes, computer modems and computers etc including lap top computers. Any product which has an electronic display can produce interference. I place my watch on the dresser and it updates correctly every night. Other electronics is more than five feet away from the watch for this update process.
Russ, NM6DX
on September 17, 2010
This watch is an amazing piece of technology. It seems very accurate and the user interface is very well thought out. Much better than any other watch of this type that I have owned. Along with a GPS you are not going to get lost once you learn how to use both.

The thermometer portion is not very useful for ambient temperature readings. You could take it off and wait 20 minutes. On the other hand it can show you if the barometric pressure and altimeter can be believed since they are temperature sensitive. It tends to show that temperature on the wrist changes very little so probably will not affect readings very much.

The watch is very light for the size.

It is a large manual and a lot to learn but much of the interface becomes intuitive after some use. Read the manual and learn it or you are wasting your money. Read it on your computer (download the pdf from Casio) because the book itself is almost useless since the type is REALLY tiny,
on February 1, 2014
Pros;
- Water resistant to 100 meters ( I would prefer, 500 meters in a perfect world).
- Low height profile (amazing technology)
- Solar battery charging (I can stick it under a light bulb for a few hours and full charge!!!)
- Atomic time keeping (Astonishingly accurate and reliable!)
- Titanium is strong and light

Cons;
- Brightness of display could be much brighter! The background color is grey NOT BRIGHT WHITE AS IT SHOULD BE.
- The over all face size is just barely big enough to be stylish BUT THE ACTUAL ILLUMINATED DISPLAY AREA DOES NOT COVER THE ENTIRE FACE....AS IT SHOULD, FOR MAXIMUM VISABILITY, READABILITY AND SEXINESS!
- The small adjustments of the band are not good enough to get the perfect fit on my wrist.
- The band is super light but is narrow and looks more suited for a girl. I want he-man, bear wrestling, bad assed band, not girl band!

Having said all that is it super reliable and the best watch that I ever owned. I have to be exactly on time and by God this watch is on freaking time!
on December 20, 2011
I really enjoy this watch. It is very light. I like the titanium band but prefer the black resin with this black bezel on titanium case color scheme. Unfortunately, the material that the watch case is made of isn't metal or it sure doesn't feel like it to me. Anyway, I bought the Casio replacement band for the PAW2000-1CR and it fit like a glove and really sets off the watch. It was easy to swop the bands. You just have to be careful when working the two flat jewelers screw drivers and make sure to get the screws reassembled tightly. You don't want the bands to come apart at an inconvenient time. By the way, there is a sleeve that has to be removed once the screw sets have been removed. Otherwise the band won't come off the watch. I haven't received any compliments yet, but I'm not trying to show it off either. I did notice that the watch wouldn't auto-update via the radio signal until I forced it to update. And that wasn't easy. On the fourth or fifth try I decided to set it on the grass outside to see if that helped. Bingo, it updated in about five minutes. After that it updated automatically the following morning at a little past 2AM. I really like the digital readout. It is easy to read and easy to move between the functions with the various buttons. I especially enjoy that the current time is displayed on almost all modes. It is a little pricey but worth it to me.
on March 5, 2011
I am very pleased with this watch. I ordered it about two months ago and it arrived within a week. The packaging was done well enough that the watch was in perfect condition.

This watch has all the features that I could want. The time signal update works about 80% of the time at 45N, 76W and 100% of the time at 53N,90W in Canada. The altimeter and barometer are very accurate for what I want. With awareness of the barometric changes, I find the altimeter to be very close to my Garmin GPS. The light is plenty bright enough for viewing (I have not used the auto EL feature yet).

I never worry about charging the watch and since having it the power level has been on medium almost the whole time (with a few "high" times). It's winter and this is with plenty of long sleeve days.

It is very light (compared to my daily worn steel Citizen Calibre 8700) and comfortable. I find it also looks much nicer in person once it is sized to your wrist. My wrists are fairly small and it still works well. I ended up removing three links.

Special thanks go out to the previous reviewer who went over the band adjustment procedure and stressed the importance of doing it over a tray so you don't lose the tiny pin collars.

I found the manual to be very thorough for setting and using the watch. For those who find the font too small (it is quite small), just go to the manufacturers website and download the pdf file. You can view and zoom on the computer or print a hard copy.
on September 15, 2015
I have quite a few different watches and this is my favorite. I wear it daily and like the many features. I have found the compass to be remarkably accurate. I have changed the battery twice and it has functioned very well after both battery changes. I use all the functions, mostly as a curiosity but a few times to a real purpose. Works exactly as I had hoped and, in my opinion, superior to a Suunto I owned first. Gave the Suunto to a yippy/yappy son who is in to apprearance and bling. I think I am better off for it.
on February 16, 2010
This is a great watch for those of you who want to be more than just a mannequin for high priced logos. With the altimeter, barometer, compass, sunrise/sunset times, and more, you will be able to get the most out of an expedition, day hike, or trip to the mall. I looked at the Tissot T-Touch, but with reviews of breakage, a 2 year battery life, and twice the price, why would anyone buy one? (oh yeah: the logo). My watch arrived already set to EST and, after 1/2 an hour of reading the manual and setting, my watch was completely calibrated to my location (latitude and longitude, Fahrenheit instead of Celsius, feet instead of meters, etc.). The altimeter works well, though you do have to calibrate it just before ascending as it measures changes in atmospheric pressure, as does the barometer for predicting weather. I can track changes in pressure on the watch that, for the most part, directly reflect the actual weather (a great thing for living in New England): rising pressure means improving weather, decreasing pressure means deteriorating weather. The watch is big but fits nicely on my 7 1/2" wrist. The case is not as heavy as I thought it would be and combined with the titanium band, it is actually lighter than many watches out there AND looks great with a t-shirt or under a dress shirt sleeve. The solar battery works great as well. My watch arrived at full charge and has not lost any juice, even though it mostly gets only intermittent light from overhead fluoros and indirect sunlight. The last thing I'll comment on is the atomic timekeeping function. The reception is strong even though I place the watch only near a window instead on directly in front of one as the manual suggests. Mine unfailing receives the signal at 2:04 every morning.
on June 29, 2011
I am very satisfied with this watch. It is everything it is advertised to do. It is very attractive when worn. The altimeter is not what you would call accurate to the nth degree but accurate enough for hiking and biking. I would not fly my airplane by my watch. The Barometer is great and works well. I do not rely on the temperature read out and like previously stated in other reviews, it only is accurate when the watch is taken off for a duration of time. The compos is great. very reliable and I enjoy using it. I am a bit of a geek so this is a watch geeks would buy.

The only con I really have is when I switched from my old Casio to this new one, the crystal is higher or more level with the top of the watch and is able to be scratched easier. So when I work in the yard or any type of work that might scratch the crystal, I put my old Casio back on.
on August 5, 2013
My previous watch was an older model GShock. It had several features that made me love it like radio controlled auto updating time setting, solar powered, and a wide face for easy viewing. When that watch started to fall apart on me (after 9 years and several rough outings) I was tasked to find a suitable replacement. Unfortunately GShock has shied away from solar in combo with auto set time so that option was out. That's when I found this model. All the feature's I want/need and the band is removable to be switched with plastic (sold separately) if needed. I love the watch's feature's and functionality.
on August 18, 2013
I love this watch. However, it does have one annoying feature: The auto backlight works EXACTLY as stated: It requires that the watch be rotated from horizontal to +40 degrees of angulation towards your face. But my "neutral" body position positions the watch at -40 degrees and I fall JUST short of achieving the +40 degrees of tilt towards me when I rotate my wrist about as far as it will go. To achieve that last few degrees that activate the EL feature, I must also rotate my shoulder (lift the arm). This means I cannot activate the EL feature with the watch held low--I must bring it up to chin level to activate the EL feature.