Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 113 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 122 reviews
on November 10, 2009
I spent several years, off and on, traveling independently in Asia, Australia and the Pacific Rim, for months at a time. My constant companion in these travels was this clock. Every other travel clock I looked at was too big. This one is smaller than a credit card (maybe half as tall). It also has a built-in stand that folds away so you can stow the clock in your pocket (i.e., it becomes a pocket watch of sorts); as well as an illumination button for use in the dark, and an alarm that's loud enough to ensure you won't sleep through it -- no matter how tired you might be.

This is a simple item, with a few well-marked buttons and thoughtful design, powered by two common button-cell batteries. It's also robust. I was still using mine well after the labels had worn off. One day, about six years after I bought it, I heard something clunking in the dryer. When I looked inside I found the clock in a pants pocket, where it had been washed and dried. The crazy thing is, it was still keeping time! Who needs Rolex, right?

I'd pay about $25 for one of these. The fact they're under fifteen bucks is just icing on the cake. I doubt Casio still makes them, though, so buy while you can.
on August 7, 2013
The features of this clock add up to a mixed bag.

PROS:
1. If you're a stickler for small and light travel items, this clock is the tiniest and lightest you'll probably find. It's 2 1/2 inches wide and 1 1/4 inches deep, and it weighs less than an ounce.
2. The alarm is reasonably loud. I'd have preferred more volume, since I don't trust my cell-phone alarm.

CONS:
1. Loading the two lithium batteries (which are provided) was a real chore. I finally got the lid open with a knifepoint. Then I had a problem closing the lid. Somehow, it finally closed.
2. The alarm volume is reasonably high. But I'd prefer a higher one.
3. You may need to use a magnifying glass whenever setting it or turning the alarm on or off. The letters on the setting panel are amazingly small. To complicate matters, they're white on a black background.
4. The LED light is virtually useless. If you wake up in a pitch-dark room, you'll have to grovel around in the dark to find the clock and the LED switch. You could turn on a bedside lamp to see the numbers, but that negates the need for an LED light.
5. The $16 price was comparatively high for a travel alarm of this quality.

I'll be taking it on a four-day trip, on the last morning of which I'll have to waken at 4 a.m. But I may ask someone to call me on my cell phone as backup.
on November 3, 2015
The interface is simple and the buttons are sturdy and easy to use. Unfortunately, the battery case pops open very easily if it rubs against anything, like if you put the clock into a bag or your pocket. A tiny bit of friction and the battery can get released. I fixed that by putting a piece of tape over it, which is not a huge deal because, since this is just an LCD screen, the battery will probably last for years. However there's a much more day-to-day problem with the front cover, which protects the buttons when you're storing the clock. It's designed to slide down, then flip behind the clock and become a stand (as you can see in the picture). But the thing comes off constantly. It's easy to snap back into place, but it's a pain to have to do that again and again. All in all, it's not great for peace of mind, since you are counting on this thing to wake you up when you need to.
on October 7, 2012
Had it about 10 days. Clock is very, very compact and great for travel. It's kind of plasticy and not quite as solid as I expected. HOwever, seems reliable and does the job. I was impressed at how loud it is. If you have trouble getting up, this would probably do it for you. Seems to work well. I like that you can press a button so the time lights up. I really found only two minor issues for me -(actually perhaps not really problems for others, but maybe only for me and that's really why I'm giving it a four) - (a) I can't adjust the loudness of the alarm (so loud it wakes up my wife, so I put it under the pillow) and (b) the length of the snooze. My previous alarm clock had a snooze for 3 minutes. This one has a fairly long snooze - guessing like 8 minutes. Fine if you like a snooze that long. For me, I just need about 2 to 3 minutes to linger before I'm reminded to finally get up. (also my previous alarm, which is no longer made, let me snooze up to 3 times. This one doesn't seem to do that, but perhaps someone will correct me?) This might be a five star for those with different needs and interests.
on May 30, 2013
Other reviews have mentioned the features of this clock so I won't repeat them here. It must be said that for those with dexterity or sight issues, it is very small. But for serious travelers, this is the best option out there by far. It is so small it fits very easily in my tiny wash kit, but it has the quality of a much more expensive device.

I had my original one for an incredible 13 years - including a period traveling through 25 countries continuously for four years. It worked superbly throughout, and I had to replace the batteries only twice in 13 years. After 12 years the battery compartment cover stopped clipping shut consistently (but was easily fixed with a little tape) and then after about 13 years the back light stopped working. But I would never have imagined a device like this would have lasted so long with very heavy use.

I had looked in vain for a replacement, but all recent so-called travel clocks are 2-3 times the size of this one. I tried one larger Casio alternative, but it has the same features in a device three times the size, and the backlight stays on for a fixed five seconds, just wasting battery unnecessarily. I was amazed and relieved to find the PQ-10 available through Amazon (although as other reviewers have mentioned, it is surely no longer actively manufactured by Casio). It is identical to my original, so I bought two, and hopefully no longer need to think about travel clock needs for 20+ years.

I couldn't recommend this product highly enough to travelers wanting to maximise efficiency with space and weight, and who need something durable and reliable.
on March 6, 2016
A little flimsy, but very loud for any normal human not sedated by Ambian or Lithium. Tiny buttons and smallish L.E.D. face might not be great for older folk. I use this daily as my main alarm clock and it's great. Would certainly work well for travel, camping, etc.. I don't imagine the button batteries will fail in the next several years, so it's silly to worry about not being able to find replacement batteries while abroad. If worried about that, just grab some spare batteries at the time of purchase and tape them to the back of the clock or something.
on July 28, 2015
Had one of these, it lasted for YEARS! Then when I finally had to replace, I purchased new version and like everything else, it's not dependable. I always set two alarms and this one stopped working properly. Was hoping it would last as long as the first. This one hasn't even gone 2 years. Oh well..
VINE VOICEon July 26, 2015
Great little alarm clock we use for setting time to take medication each day. It has one alarm which can go off each day at the same time. Fits easily into pocket with no sharp or jagged parts to snag. As others have said the alarm is a bit loud but for us that's good as it can be heard in a purse or pocket. Easy to set and turn on/off alarm though in this small size the controls are small. Also like the 24-hour clock (military time) capability.

Highly recommended if you need a very small, pocket friendly clock with a once-daily alarm.
on June 27, 2016
Bought my first one of these in the Amsterdam airport some 15-20 years ago. Left it in a hotel room in South Africa a few weeks ago and needed a replacement. Was happy to see they were still available. They last a long time (must change batteries) and tolerate quite a beating! Small enough to ride unnoticed in my briefcase. Easy to adjust the time when I change time zones. Easy to change the alarm when I want a nap in the afternoon rather than to be awoken in the morning. Loud enough that I often feel sorry for the people in the room next to me.
on June 10, 2012
After having two travel alarm clocks fail within 6 months, I was looking for a travel alarm clock that will hold up after a long time. I read the reviews on Amazon of a number of Casio Alarm clocks (including this model) and was impressed by the remarks about its reliability over several years. Since I use my travel alarm clock as my primary alarm clock for daily use at home and while on travel, it had to perform each and every day.

I now that I have only had this alarm clock for a couple months, but it has worked flawlessly. Even in the dark, I can still find and manipulate the necessary buttons to place the alarm in snooze mode or turn off the alarm altogether. I realize that the loudness of the alarm is an issue with some of the reviewers in the past, but I appreciate having something that will wake me up promptly.

I know that I probably would need to update this review after a year or more, but given this Casio model alarm clock's current performance, I would recommend it to others to give it a try.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.