Top positive review
50 people found this helpful
I have only had this watch for a few weeks
on July 25, 2016
After having this watch for a few months now, I thought I would add some more information.
- The watch continues to fit well, feel comfortable and look nice. Nothing has faded or scratched, but I don't have a rough job or anything.
- The clock remains accurate even when it cannot sync every night. Mine has not synced in a month and it is within a few seconds or so of the actual time.
- The watch is a little harder to sync when you are on the east coast. I have to do it manually and try several times, usually late at night, to get it to work. I would try facing west first, but if that doesn't work, don't be afraid to try facing other directions. I found the sweet spot for mine, so I know it can be done. Since it keeps such good time, I only need to sync it about once a month.
I have only had this watch for a few weeks, but I will share the pros and cons thus far. I will try to update the review as time goes on as well.
- The watch looks awesome! It looks more sleek and clean than a lot of the G-Shock watches, and I think this watch could be worn just as well with your outdoor gear as your business casual dress.
- It is very easy to set up. The manual, while large, makes setting it up a breeze. I think it took about 5 minutes to adjust the time, date, and location. All of the other settings are calibrated at the factory which is nice, but can have a drawback as I will discuss in the cons.
- The atomic time works great. I was able to set it right away and it has synced correctly every night, even though I am still wearing it. This may vary based on your location though.
- It came charged at medium, and I only had to leave it in the sun for about an hour before it was up to high. It has stayed that way since.
- Overall, this is a very good looking and functioning watch. It is heavy duty without feeling clunky or bulky.
- While all of the settings are calibrated at the factory, there is no factory reset. So, if you decide to change any of the ABC information, you will need to find a reliable way to adjust them to the correct data. The compass is pretty easy, but finding an accurate barometric reading can be difficult if you don't have access to another device. Some phones have it though, so you can use an app. This is also only important if you need an exact reading or want to be as close to perfect as possible.
- The watch is a little thicker than it seems, and that can make long sleeve shirts tighter around the wrist. Definitely not a deal breaker, but something to take note of.
I will include a few pictures so you can see the screen under different lighting. The first is outside with good lighting. The second is inside with poor lighting. The third is in the dar with the backlight on.