Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 18, 2016
Was having a little buyer remorse because I saw the all black version soon after my purchase. I was presently surprised to open the box to find the all black version. Happy with my new watch.
review image
on July 27, 2016
I have done a ton of research before settling on this watch. My hesitation in going for newer models with less reviews seems to have paid off. A few simple highlights:
1. It really sits more comfortable due to the additional buckles than any other watch I ever had.
2. The watch isn't oversized stupid - it is small enough not to look silly, and the all black theme means that you can even wear it at formal work/events without looking like a Christmas tree.
3. The biggest sell over most other newer ProTrek models is the fact that the time is kept on the display while cycling through most other modes.
3.1. I also enjoy the fact that the full date is displayed, with time on the home screen.
4. The strap-catch isn't really much of an issue to me... as I take the watch off once or twice a day - and don't mind spending an extra few seconds considering the frequency.
5. I do not have atomic time - and the fact that the watch has a small notification (in the corner) for this means that the absence thereof does not leave a horrible gap on the screen.
6. There were many reviews about the complexity of the watch... Part of the fun in being a man is not to have a look at the manual or asking for directions - and I have to say the watch features are consistent in operation and very easy to figure out.

I try really hard to have something negative to say - but I simply cannot. I personally thought the compass would be tougher to turn (which I consider a good thing) - but it is very easy. If you however move through terrain that moves this dial for you then you probably are in the deep brush and need to recheck very often where North is anyway. As a wrist watch the temperature gauge is useless by design - and is probably true for any wrist watch out there.
on May 1, 2017
Positive: The user's guide is comprehensive regarding its coverage of the watch's features/settings, includes easy-to-read graphs and is laid out intuitively. Barometer, once calibrated locally, is accurate. Altimeter likewise. The watch's atomic time-keeping signal reception is strong in Central Texas and its solar charged battery has indicated "high" charge since day 4 wearing it. The resin band is comfortable and has a raised edge feature that locks the end of the band in place. The "Adjust" button is easy to operate, being located at the bottom of the watch, beside the light, rather than top-left as with earlier models of the Pathfinder.

Negative: The alarms are not very loud. The light button seems harder to push than earlier models of the Pathfinder watch.

Overall: Great watch. Previously owned Pathfinder lasted 11 years. Looking forward to this one going even longer.
on February 14, 2014
I ordered this watch through Amazon. Shipping was fast, came right to my front door with no hassle. Looks just like the picture, came with everything the description said it would and was packaged professionally. No issues with shipping at all.

I was looking for a watch that I could wear to work and when I am casually dressed. I also wanted a watch that provided details and information such as temperature readings, compass and different time zones. I looked at different watches, watched reviews on You Tube and came to Amazon and researched the various watches on the market. I owned a Pathfinder series watch several years ago and now since Pro Trek is the new name for the Pathfinder series, I decided to give it a try.

This is a great multi-sensor watch. I wear it every day. It is very comfortable and the multi-sensors are real handy. The barometer, compass, and altimeter work great! If you spend time in the outdoors hiking or in the water, it is the watch for you. I love it for keeping track of time in different locations and the compass provides comfort when out walking around a new town. Many people had a complaint about the screws and the bar that holds the band on. It seems that the top set rattles or is loose. I found that this is something the manufacturer has done; it does not come off, but it rattles a bit. Maybe that is for thermal expansion. I’ve owned this watch for a little over 90 days and I have not had any issues and I really like it. The time accurately updates every night and it even has a feature that turns the watch off, to save energy and turns it back on in the morning, based off the time zones you set. If you are looking for a watch that performs well, has a big face, but is not heavy or expensive, this is the watch for you.
on February 28, 2013
Just received my Casio ProTrek (Pathfinder) PRW2500 and am totally impressed. First thing I noticed is that it wasn't as big and bulky as I thought it would be based on another review. Lower profile than my G-Shock. Being close to the beach, the moon/tide application is perfect as you can get tides from a specific day and scrool up/down by the hour to plan your day. But also, being from Florida, the compass, barometer, and temperature app was another buying point for me. The manual gives you a pretty good warning that these applications shouldn't be soley relied upon and to use actual instruments for accuracy,.. but I don't need accuracy down to the knats butt, I needed general info on headings, temps, altitudes, and moon/tide info. This watch is pretty accurate though and the manual gives very detailed explanations on how to set it up for your personal usage. I'm always in the water and one of the things that bothered me about older watches is the band would come out of it's stow. The end of the Protrek band has a bevel which keeps the band stowed. Great idea! The barometer app has an icon right on the face which shows you trends in the weather as you can see the marks go up or down meaning good weather or bad weather coming. Again, another great idea. Bottom line, I'm so glad to have found an item like this and will get alot of use out of it. Since there are so many screens and buttons, you'll need to mess with it like any other technology to get proficient at it. Nice job on wrapping alot up into a functioning product. I still have yet to see how the solar charging thing will work out as I've only messed with it for a few hours but should be just fine.
on February 20, 2016
Excellent Watch! I selected this model because a close family member bought the same watch with Titanium case and band over a year ago and is very happy with it. It has features that I don't need like: the tide levels, barometer and altimeter but the time keeping is totally spot on accurate. Finally, I am able to tell the real time. Not the approximate time, or close to accurate but spot on correct. Also the resin case and strap look very rugged and handsome. Considering the number of features, adjustments are relatively straight forward and idiot proof.
on December 15, 2015
Great watch, incredibly comfortable size and fit on wrist. All of the sensors work almost perfectly, my only gripe would be the Altimeter. I don't know if it is usual, but my altitude changes four to five hundred feet a day even if I haven't left the house. If you are buying this watch purely for the altimeter function, I would say that you should probably look elsewhere for a more accurate product. The temperature sensor will always read 10-15 degrees higher than actual temperature if you don't remove the watch and let it sit to check the temperature. The barometer and compass are spot on accurate. The watch is incredibly well made, and for its price I would not pass up the opportunity to buy this watch, the only reason I gave it a 4 star review is if you really, desperately needed the altimeter to be accurate, this one certainly isn't.
on January 19, 2015
Hands down the best watch I have ever owned for the outdoors and I have had Tag's, Tissot's, Luminox, Suunto's and many other " high end " watches, this one does it all, and does it all well. This is my second ProTrek and the only reason I bought it is because I ( yes I ) destroyed my last one. While this one may not be as accurate as some of the other more expensive watches I am not Jim Cantore or a Navy Seal so the readings don't have to be spot on but from what I can tell through monitoring and analysis this one is pretty damn close. If you are an avid outdoorsman / woman then you will love the multiple functions of this watch and not having to worry about wheter or not it is going to die in the middle of an adventure.
on November 10, 2015
I'm going to take a chance and give this ProTrek 5 stars based on my first impression. This watch is a gift so I won't be field testing it but what I see initially is very impressive. I bought a ProTrek older model and this watch seems to have a leg up on my watch. The body is sturdy looking and appears to be wrapped in a protective rubber or plastic. The functionality is improved from mine and includes moon phase and tide information. Buttons are easily manipulated so setting up is easy (following the manual). The watch is beefy in a robust masculine way so it is super attractive. I like the functioning bezel--- I miss having one on mine. My son is a true outdoorsman and peace officer so I expect he'll appreciate this model.
on March 25, 2016
Great looking watch! Not has hard to set up as some of the other reviews made it out to be. The manual is very straight forward and the watch functions beautifully.

The barometric sensor accurately predicted changing weather conditions... which was awesome... the bearing/compass function is great... my only minor issue is the temperature sensor is greatly affected by your skin temperature... so it really does not provide any real value ( at least that I can see).

Tide / moon charts are right on...

All in all its a great watch to have... especially if your job limits your ability to use "smart" devices!