Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on December 5, 2012
Let me start by saying that I picked this up primarily to use for silent practice. I am an adult taking lessons and have a Yamaha acoustic piano that I love. I wanted something that I could use without disturbing the rest of the family (or driving them crazy listening to the same piece a hundred times over). I'm not using any of the interface functions as of yet (and probably won't). I had picked up the Yamaha DGX-530 initially, but discovered a defect in the keyboard so returned it. I wasn't pleased with the "lightly weighted" keys of the DGX-530 (though all of the voices were fun to play with), so decided its replacement needed a more piano like action.

This Casio has a heavier touch than my Yamaha acoustic does, but makes it easier to transition between the acoustic and the Casio than the DGX-530 would have. It does have a few voices (eighteen I believe, some of which are piano variations) and the ability to do some dual voices with the strings, but again, my desire for this was primarily for silent (or at least quiet) practice. The speakers in the Casio are average, I tend to start out with the speakers but transition to headphones if I'm going to sit for any length of time, the sound coming thru headphones just sound nicer. I get some noise from the keys, but it is more thuddy than clicky. I am impressed with how the keyboard mimics the audio nuances of a piano, acting very much like an acoustic when you manipulate the keys with different pressures, quite realistic. The texturing of the keys is nicer than your typical digital keyboard (at least in this price range). The power adapter and a cheaper style sustain pedal are included. I picked up a Stagg KXS-A6 X style stand for it that works nicely, but be aware that the PX150 seems to be a thicker unit, as it sits a little higher on this stand than I'd like when sitting (and I'm a little over 6' tall, so that stand probably wouldn't be a good one for kids).

Overall I'm very pleased with the build quality and realism of the PX150. A better speaker system would be nice, but is an acceptable trade off for me given the other features and price. The PX150 has been a great unit for the purpose I was searching for!
22 comments| 163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 30, 2015
This keyboard is not perfect, but it's one of the best for its price class.

If you are looking for a simple electric keyboard piano with weighted keys to practice your skills, and are on a budget, then look no further. This is probably the perfect piano for your money.

However, if you are looking for something with really good sound quality for performance purposes, you may not want to choose this one. I am no expert on sound quality, but I could hear some slight yet noticeable off-pitch ringing when I played this.
on September 16, 2015
I bought this for my little girl's 18th birthday. She wanted a real piano but I talked her out of it...finally. She has had a cheap synthesizer for a long time (actually taught her to play) but has always longed for a real piano when playing them at my folks house or her friends.

This was the next best thing in our budget. I read a ton of reviews and they are on point! It plays very much like a real piano. I am very impressed with the key texture as well. It feels like very high quality. Although not a pianist myself I have dabbled with them for years and we have always had one in my house growing up. My entire family played well except me. We also had a baby grand at church that I tinkered around on often. This plays extremely life-like compared to those and I am very happy with the purchase. More importantly, her face lit up when she played it for the first time. She absolutely loves it AND she can take it to college with her as well. Kudos!
on July 28, 2015
I purchased this as a utility portable keyboard for a college music department. Plusses: GREAT piano sounds. Great action. Super-light. Minuses: only one usable organ sound. Half the use of the keyboard will be for organ, and the only decent Hammond-type sound is a jazz style with fairly loud percussion, not defeatable. (Yes, I know--it's a sample-playback instrument). No Leslie simulation; I'm buying a cheapo Behringer stomp box for that. (For this review, I just did a check of all the other voices: harpsichord, a bunch of electric pianos, vibes, strings, and bass--and they're amazingly good). Great value. (No idea about ruggedness or longevity yet--we'll see!)
on June 18, 2015
I read recent reviews, all five star. I could not agree more. Older reviews complained about faulty keys and poor speakers. The speakers are adequate for in house small rooms, and you can always route out through a better sound system, and most of us just use head phones anyway. The manufacturing issues seem to have been resolved based on the lack of customer comments.
For me this thing is perfect, and my own purchase has had no problems. It's a great way to get back into learning and playing the piano. The feel and sound are just what I was looking for.

Additional technical notes.

The keys are slightly noisy compared to more expensive models, but same goes for acoustic pianos, and it's not a deal breaker.

The 3 sensor operation is not as sensitive as more expensive models, meaning it is easier to fast play a single note with less travel on others keyboards. But, this is not an issue for me because these speeds with this short travel is also not possible on an acoustic piano.

In other words it's a great piano.
on September 24, 2015
Very please with this product. I grew up playing and actual piano. It is not always easy to find a keyboard that is comparable in feel and sound. This fits the bill. Very uncomplicated basic no bells and whistles. Perfect for practicing or learning. For the price I don't believe you'll find anything better. Much less hassle then keeping up with piano tuning.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 4, 2015
This keyboard sounds like a frickin' grand piano in my house! My daughters interest in playing piano soared when we purchased this. Instead of the ridiculous number of silly voices and pre-set songs that cheaper keyboards sport, this one has three GREAT voices, functioning pedal, and hyper-realistic key feel.

For anyone not a true afficionato, this keyboard is overkill awesome. I can't say enough good things.

And we use its internal speakers, BTW. I know everyone trashed them, but for our purposes they are great. Connecting them up to larger ones would be awesome, sure, and probably sound even more amazing. But seriously, the built-in ones are fine too.
on November 18, 2015
Weighted keys feel really good the sound is fantastic the settings is quite a few haven't used them all the options and inputs and outputs really can't beat it for this price very satisfied with the purchase
on December 11, 2013
The px150 was exactly what I needed after 10 years of never touching a piano! I love the sound and the functions. Very simple.

It wont fool you into thinking this is an acoustic or anything. There is a little mechanical noise from the keys that you don't get from higher end models, but with headphones or high volume this isn't an issue. I still feel like I am playing a real piano instead of a keyboard though.

I am too tall for the fixed stand (6'3") My knees hit the bottom of the keyboard no matter what height the bench is, that made the pedals impossible to use. If you are under 6' I highly recommend the fixed stand.

I am going to use the px150 to get back to skill level that warrants spending 1000+ on a piano and then pass the px150 down to some kiddos the the family. This piano is a very cost efficient launching point for any beginner!
on August 18, 2015
Sadly, my Casio PX 150 came in with minor freight damage due to some of the worst factory packaging I can possibly imagine.

But the Casio PX150 keyboard action, sound, features--everything: is simply outstanding. I'm replacing an old Yamaha Clavinova, which weighs a 175 or so pounds and in its day was considered to be portable! :-) The action on the Casio PX150 is amazing even when compared to the slightly nicer touch of the far more expensive Clavinova.

The Casio PX150 puts out plenty of sound, and does not require an auxiliary amplifier to fill a small room of 20 to 40 people.

Finally, while extremely portable, the Casio PX150 is cumbersome to carry--so a good carrying is recommended.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse