Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 1,429 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,540 reviews
on March 31, 2016
After seeing this little gem make an appearance on James Cordon's CarPool Karaoke [...], I knew we had to buy one for our musically-inclined teenagers. Actually, we bought the SA-76 model first, the orange one shown in the video. When we realized how great this thing was, we immediately bought another, this time the SA-77. What's the difference? Despite another review that describes dramatically different sound quality (we could barely detect a difference, if at all), it seems that the 76-77-78 models are simply for different markets. The 76 seems to be intended for America: the outside packaging is in all English. It is orange n color. The 77 seems intended for Asia, with multiple Asian languages on the outside box. It is gray in color. The 78 is probably slightly different in some similar way.

I should mention that the keyboard has built in speakers...not to be mistaken for mini keyboards for professional musicians that require them to be plugged into sound systems to be heard.

This portable keyboard becomes the center of attention wherever it goes. Everyone wants a turn, whether they are accomplished players or not. My son brought it on a high school music department bus road trip and it entertained during the entire 4 day trip. They even used it in jam sessions.

Another comment...I'm not sure why folks are so hot under the collar about not getting an AC Adapter. This is designed to be a PORTABLE keyboard. It runs on 6 AA BATTERIES which will probably last for months, depending on use. You don't NEED an AC Adapter. Really.

For around $50, this is a really fun device. Is it for kids? Yes. Is it for adults? Yes. Just don't expect the experience of an 88 key piano.

Enjoy!

===== UPDATED March 31, 2016 ======

A clarification - After studying the SA-76 and SA-77 side by side, I've determined that the SA-77 is intended for the INDIA market. It includes 5 tones and percussion beats that suits the music of India. Not sure which, if any, tones were replaced versus the SA-76. Unless you are looking for this special feature, I would recommend the orange SA-76.

It looks like Amazon is deleting the James Cordon YouTube link, so here it is, obsfucated: [...]
Just remove the spaces. Start at 7:50 in the video. If it is still missing, just search for James Cordon Chris Matin on YouTube.
review image review image
11 comment| 177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2016
At age 65, I am presently a retired Professor Emeritus of Music, and have just purchased this Casio SA-77 keyboard, not for piano practice, but for working out the harmonic (and even contrapuntal) details of new compositions that I seem to be writing more frequently now that I am retired. This keyboard will definitely make it easier for me to do so. The keys are big enough for me, and it has a helpful array of sounds and good volume control. I really look forward to utilizing it, rather than always working out all of the details in my inner ear. I can still do that, but the keyboard will potentially add a higher level of interest to my works. I still use the computer to write, but now I can take this keyboard along with me anywhere I go. No MIDI input, earplugs or adapter are provided, no problems there. I just place 6 AA batteries in the keyboard and earphones in my ears. I love this keyboard! Absolutely!
on August 17, 2014
We bought this to practice choir music at home, just looking for something simple and relatively small. It is much more complicated for what we need, which is OK, and it fills our specific needs. The one downside is the keys are very sensitive to touch and our arthritic and tremulous hands find it difficult to press hard enough fast enough to prevent a key from playing a tone more than once. This is distracting. A function to adjust the sensitivity of touch would be welcome.
on March 13, 2017
This is a future gift for a grandchild. It arrived in a timely fashion, well packaged. I tried it out and found it to be as I expected. All keyboards are lightweight, but still good quality. A perfect starter keyboard for a young child, I think.
on February 14, 2012
If you are an adult beginner, or have an elementary school aged and above child interested in playing piano, this nifty little keyboard is a great first step. Here's why:

. It is portable. Our son (who is 10) carries it around with him throughout the house, plugs it in, puts on his headphones and is ready to practice, play or improvise.

. Did I say headphones and plug in? Yes! Indeed, I did. Piano is a glorious instrument, but perhaps less so at the hunt and peck phase. And, not having to buy a constant supply of batteries is a boon to the environment and one less chore for a parent to do.

. There's enough distraction to make it "sooooooo awesome, Mom", but not so much that your child will get lost in some maze of sounds. Enough said.

If you are a more experienced pianist or have a child is committed to the piano, this is not the keyboard for you. But, for the beginner of any age, it is a pretty awesome (son speaking), practical (mom speaking) first keyboard.
11 comment| 429 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2016
This is a great starter keyboard. My five year old son just started his piano lessons and I wasn't sure weather he would continue lessons or not so I did not want to buy some thing very expensive. I searched around and picked this one based on good reviews. So here's my opinion about this little guy. This is a wonderful keyboard for little hands, sound is amazing and battery life is so good. You can't beat this for quality and price. This sound amazing, we carry this on our road trips so boys can play anywhere and I didn't need to change battery in last 2 months with everyday use. Definitely a good buy.
on June 26, 2017
A nice, simple toy keyboard, but not for someone looking for a real instrument. The keys are mini, so that might irritate some. It works well, though, and serves my purpose. If you are just looking for a way to plunk out notes for at home vocal practice and/or a GOOD toy keyboard for a younger person, then this is a good, inexpensive option.
on March 17, 2017
My 11 year old son has autism and he came into a phase where he was really into pianos and would try to play any he saw. Not having the money or space for an actual piano, this has fit the bill nicely. He was very into it as soon as he opened it and has played it almost daily since Christmas. His twin brother also has autism, but is on the more destructive side. It's not a product I would trust him not to break, but his brother is gentler with his possessions and it's held up well with him. I thought that might be helpful to know for other autism parents as personally I am always having to take durability into consideration.
on May 22, 2016
Nice little keyboard to get started on. Good for practicing chord structure. After using this for a few weeks I played a friends full-size keyboard with sensitivity and it made me pine for a bigger better keyboard for myself. The keys are pretty small. It has a decent sound to it though and its portability allows me to play wherever i can sit down. Great for kids, beginners, or just working out melodies on the fly. I like it, but I don't love it.
on January 6, 2014
Seriously, I bought the AC wall plug/adapter than came with this thinking I'd go through batteries really fast. After all, I bought this for my 2 year old because he loves banging on pianos. Anyway, we're like 2 years into owning this piano and I've never changed the batteries. What really helps is that it has an auto-shut off. I love this piano and it's quite durable. Go Casio!