Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 405 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 424 reviews
on June 9, 2011
I am retired military and law enforcement... been through a lot of watches. I have a few Pathfinders and a Suunto, but I really like this watch - it has everything I need. I do some land navigation and survival instruction and use this watch exclusively. The only thing it does not have that my Pathfinders do, is the compass feature... but I honestly never use the compass built into the watch. You'd be hard pressed to find a better watch, even at twice the price.
44 comments| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2017
My 9 year old sons Christmas present. This watch has so so many things that it keeps track of! Time, temp, altitude and so so much more. He was able to figure it out pretty quickly, the instruction book helped also. Great watch for an excellent price. It's VERY well made and the band is even pretty sturdy.
on August 28, 2017
I bought this for trips in the Sierra Nevada and Grand Canyon. Took it out this past weekend to hike Haiwee pass. The watch replaced my wrist-worn Garmin at a fraction of the cost. Only has time and elevation but I do not really need distance. Not great resolution, but pretty accurate. nice being able to glance at the watch and see both time and altitude. The backlight function is a bit annoying because it only stays on for a couple of seconds, and you have to push the button again. Some of the functions appear very small (the Ft/M indicators) so i started hiking in Meter mode. not easy to setup without the manual. Otherwise very happy with this watch.
on December 4, 2015
I wore this watch while backpacking throughout South America. As an avid hiker, i decided to go on a four-day trek through the Andes mountains in Bolivia. Due to the remoteness of the area, it was difficult for me to find a good map, so all i had available to me were the names of the checkpoint villages and their altitude (The entire hike was downhill, starting at 4,400 meters and ending at 1,200 meters). At one point, there was no village in sight and it was getting dark and beginning to rain, and i was considering hunkering down under a large boulder for the night. However, i remembered my altimeter watch and discovered that the next village was only 30 meters of altitude away. Using my flashlight, i continued on the trail a quarter mile and found the village (and a bed to sleep in). Thanks Casio!
on April 26, 2017
A great watch! The body temperature doesn't interfere much in the water, which is where I mostly use it, so that's not a problem for me. Having more than one time zone is very convenient when I travel. The nylon band is very comfortable! It's a man's watch, but has enough adjustments to fit even my skinny wrist, and the large watch face doesn't bother my wrist bone because it stays in place. And all for a very reasonable price. I'm very happy with my purchase!
on August 22, 2017
Got the watch last week and pretty easy to understand. The watch will do everything but scratch your back, but that might be in the instruction manual as well. Scrolled to the altimeter function and it was just about right on. You can set altimeter, temperature, and barometer to the values you are most comfortable with. So far, pretty amazing watch for a very low price.
on February 16, 2016
I've not owned a watch in some years, but as a hiker I have noticed that sometimes without cell phone coverage I can't get the time, either, and that's an important thing to keep track of in terms of daylight, esp. with not-so-well-marked trails. Last time I was out, I fortunately discovered that my digital camera had a time feature on it, and as long as I had battery power with that, I could take a picture and note the time stamp.

In the past I've had Timex Ironman watches. They've generally been good for a few years, then when battery replacement time comes around, I try to do it myself, and while the battery part is easy, the buttons never go back to working right. I have considered ABC watches before, but I'm aware of the inherent inaccuracy of altimeter function in changing weather, Plus I already have a compass, one that works well with maps, probably better than a watch.

But I saw this watch and for less than the cost of the Timex, I would have barometer, altimeter, and thermometer functions, the last two of which would at least work under SOME conditions, if not all. Adding compass function would basically more than triple the cost of the watch, use more battery, and not necessarily be all that useful. (one exception - I could probably read the heading more readily and easily with it).

I received the watch and my impressions are positive. The face is larger than I expected, but that's OK. The manual (they include a tiny but thick manual - easier to use the PDF online) is easy to understand and helpful. It didn't take me long to set it up. a couple of things to note that aren't entirely evident from the manual or description:

the world time (sort of a second time zone to have at the ready, say if you have family in Arizona) - well, they give you one city per time zone, and it's not all that likely to be the city relevant to you. But it is just a label for that time zone. So if you have family in Flagstaff but you live in Chattanooga, your world time choice will be DEN for Denver.

it appears the barometer does not take readings when in regular time mode. The "rising/falling" barometric indicator on the front screen just counts off seconds when in regular time mode. It will not indicate a rapidly falling barometer unless you have it in barometer mode. Fortunately the time of day is visible in that mode.

Due to barometric pressure changing with weather patterns, the altimeter is only as accurate as can be achieved through a reference point and the change in barometric pressure since setting it. So if you start a hike, set the known elevation, and the barometer is steady, your altimeter will probably be pretty accurate. If the barometric pressure falls due to weather changes, your elevation gain will be over-estimated, and vice versa. So it is of limited use. You may need to consider re-setting the elevation at multiple points on your hike when it is known for certain waypoints.

As noted in the manual, the thermometer will read high unless it is off your wrist / away from your body for 20-30 min. But for greatest barometric accuracy, it is recommended to keep the watch on your wrist for a more constant temperature (even if it is high relative to the air temp).

If it did nothing else but do what the Ironman watch did, it would be a bargain. That it has a couple other functions that sometimes work, and would be good for hiking, well, I'm happy so far.
on August 9, 2017
I had a Casio Pathfinder altimeter watch that I kept alive for 18 years before it finally gave up the ghost (the seal went bad and it quit being waterproof - unable to revive after getting it wet). I went for a while without by using my phone for time and a handheld altimeter for altitude, but found that I really liked having information right on my wrist when I am out hiking, biking or flying. This one is not as fancy, but has everything I want in pretty much the same form factor at a very reasonable price. Hopefully I get as much mileage out of this one. Took it hiking last weekend and found that performance was right up where I expected it to be.
on November 21, 2016
I like the watch. The features that it has are good. I like what the wrist band is made from. That being said, the ones that I received did not function well. The first one would reset itself every few days. I was then sent a replacement one which didn't reset itself, however, after about a week, the numbers started to not work. They were cut off almost as if the watch had been damaged.
review image
on December 3, 2016
I love this watch, I use it for paragliding so the altimeter comes in very handy. It's a Casio, so if I bang it up, break it, or lose it, not much of a loss. I still really like it though.